- 1 Reebok Zig Energy Review in Full:-
- 2 Comfortable and Effortless walking
- 3 Comfort and Fit
- 4 Style and Looks
- 5 What can you use these trainers for?
- 6 Pros and Cons of the Reebok Zig Referee Trainer:
- 7 What are other reviews saying about the Reebok Zig Trainer?
- 8 Reebok Zig Energy Ref Mens Basketball Shoe Review Summary:
In this review we are looking at a very different style of trainer. New from Reebok comes the Zig Energy Basket Ball Shoe. Originally designed as a comfortable black shoe for Basketball umpires it has proven really popular beyond the court. We have even recommended this as one of the best shoes for High Intensity Interval Workouts.
Reebok Zig Energy Review in Full:-
We have started to see more and more people in the gym wearing training shoes with the stylish Reebok Zig sole. The zigzag style is what gives the Zig Energy Training Shoes their name! So we will start with the sole.
Comfortable and Effortless walking
The sole of this shoe is what delivers the real bounce and feel of this training shoe, it also gives about 1″ of height. When you start to move about in this shoe you can feel the shock absorbing power of these shoes. What we love is that the zigs maintaining a great lateral stiffness. This makes these shoes feel reassuringly supportive, especially compared to some of the Nike Air shoes of a similar price.
Comfort and Fit
These shoes are without doubt very comfortable, the soft yet stiff bounce makes you feel like you are walking on air. One small downside is that these shoes can be a little on the tight side round the toes. This is not an issue for me as my feet are not to wide!
Out of the box there is hardly any stiffness, the shoe quickly moulds to the shape of your foot and very soon you will fill like you have been wearing these for ever.
Style and Looks
If you are looking for a head turning shoe, these might not be your best choice. The only colour they come in is black (well they were originally chef shoes!). Don’t let this put you off. They still look spectacular, with the patent leather uppers they have a slight matte finish. This makes these shoes very versatile, you can wear these to work or the gym and not look out of place.
What can you use these trainers for?
With their stiffness, bounce and comfort these are excellent shoes for any form of cardio exercise. Good for running with the lateral support, great for circuit training – the cushioning absorbs many of the shocks that your legs need to absorb.
However if you are doing weights then the bounciness will do no favours, and if spinning is your thing then again a stiffer sole will help.
Pros and Cons of the Reebok Zig Referee Trainer:
- Smart & Stylish
- Versatile perfect for work, school and gym use
- … extremely comfortable
- Like the old ford cars – only available in black
What are other reviews saying about the Reebok Zig Trainer?
“I no longer have to wear ortho inserts. I love these shoes.”
“These shoes are great. I bought them for work as I needed all black shoes and I get plenty of compliments.”
“Now they are very comfortable, and I don’t ever want to go back to my old shoes.”
Reebok Zig Energy Ref Mens Basketball Shoe Review Summary:
- Keep your energy level at its peak with these supportive Reebok® sneakers.
- Shiny synthetic upper.
- Mesh tongue for breathability.
- Traditional lacing system.
- Textile lining. Padded tongue and collar. Removable Ortholite® foam sockliner accommodates the use custom orthotics. ZigTech zigzag sole provides a balance of energy efficiency and superior performance cushioning. Measurements: Weight: 13 oz Product measurements were taken using size 10.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.