- 1 Read our Full Review of the Sole E35 Elliptical:
- 2 What makes the Sole E35 Tick?
- 3 The Key Feature Summary:
- 4 What are the pros and cons of the Sole E35 Elliptical Machine?
- 5 What are other reviews saying about the Sole Elliptical machine E35?
- 6 Buying Tip:
- 7 Sole E35 Review Summary & Verdict
- 8 Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine Review Summary:
If you are looking for a powerful, comfortable Elliptical trainer to meet your workout needs, then the E35 Elliptical is the first gym quality feel machine in the Sole range. It has a huge amount to offer, and is one of their best selling machines.
Read our Full Review of the Sole E35 Elliptical:
The Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine sits between the E95 at the top of the range and the E25 in the middle of the range. I am a big fan of the Sole Fitness brand, they make good quality reliable machines. With competitive price tag of about $1400 there are a lot of machines to choose from.
Sole Fitness pride themselves on making affordable high quality exercise equipment. They have won many awards including the prestigious Treadmill Doctor award, and the consumer research group.
What makes the Sole E35 Tick?
First and foremost you need to know that this is a comfortable machine! This comes down to a couple of factors, and now we get a little technical but things like flywheel weight and stride length really do make a difference!
In common with Sole E95 this is a front drive treadmill. However crucially the E35 ships with a 29lb fly wheel vs a 34lb version on the E95. A heavier flywheel gives a more natural flow to the elliptical especially at high speed and resistance. The 29lb weight is impressive for an Elliptical of this price.
Each foot pad is adjustable to ensure that it moves at the right angle for you. This is useful for eliminating strain on the joints. The pads are a generous 15″ so there should be no problems fitting your feet in.
Finally the drive moves both forwards and in reverse. Handy if you want to mix up the muscles you are working.
Identical to the E95, both models feature a stride length thats adjustable from 20″ to 22″. This is perfect for most people. If you are over 6′ tall you may want to consider a slightly the longer stride of 22″. At 20″ you will combine the smooth feel from the heavy fly wheel with a smooth elliptical motion. Shorter stride lengths, 18″ or less mean that you legs end up marching up and down rather than moving in a smooth ellipse.
To make your workout even harder the Sole E35 Elliptical Machine allows you to adjust the incline from 0 to 30 degrees. With the feel of hill climbing you will really work those calves! In addition to the slope there are 20 resistance levels allowing you to warm up and cool down properly.
The power levels and slope angle can be quickly adjusted without taking your hands off the handles via two ergonomically placed buttons on the bars.
The heart rate can be read using the sensors built into the handle bars, alternately you can use a standard chest strap ( included). When using the heart rate monitors the elliptical can operate in the heart rate mode, tailoring your workout to ensure that your training meets your goals, either cardio or fat burning.
As you can see from the image there is a great quality 7.5″ LCD console (smaller than the 9″ screen of the bigger model) . We really like the way its intuitively laid out. The position is perfectly lined up to see and shows the usual functions: Pace, Calories, Heart Rate, Distance, Speed, Resistance, Incline.
The buttons are well placed and easily accessible.
New for this year, the console has been upgraded to feature Bluetooth connection for easy activity tracking.
As per other Sole Ellipticals the E35 comes with a lifetime frame, 5 year parts and electronics, 2 year labour warranty.
Looking at other products in the similar price range such as the Schwinn 470 Elliptical this is very good and testimony to the overall quality.
The Sole E35 measures
- 27 by 58 by 83 inches (W x H x D)
- 215-pound delivery weight
- 375-pound weight limit
The Key Feature Summary:
- Adjustable pedals and console
- Power adjustable stride and incline
- 20-to-22-inch maximum stride length
- Six standard programs
- Two custom programs
- Two heart rate programs
- Pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring
- Includes heart rate chest strap
- LCD console with 7.5-inch display
- Front drive system
- Built-in fan
- 15-inch pedals
- Includes sound system and water bottle holder
As you can see from this clip, its straight forward to put together, however it is a two person job! You need to allow a couple of hours to do the job.
What are the pros and cons of the Sole E35 Elliptical Machine?
- $400 less than its big brother the E95
- Best in class fly wheel weight and stride length
- With a large range of programmes, and resistance settings there is enough to keep you pushed for years.
- It will take some time to construct this machine, and as pointed out earlier you may want some higher quality socket wrenches to hand.
- The sound quality from the speakers, nor the fan are as good as they could be.
For more Pros and Cons click here: Sole Fitness E35 reviews
What are other reviews saying about the Sole Elliptical machine E35?
This elliptical is very highly regarded by users, scoring a strong 4.3 out of 5.0 on Amazon.
“The middle ground between home use and commercial”
“This machine has been more than expected. Bought it in 2008 to replace a cheap sears pro form, what a difference. I’m 6’4″ 250 and this thing is stable for me”
“The short story is…. Great price, great delivery service, great packing and great product.”
Sole Elliptical Comparison Table
Sole Elliptical Comparison Table
|Model (Click for review)||E20||Sole E25 Elliptcal Trainer||Sole E35 Elliptcal Trainer||Sole E95 Elliptcal Trainer||Sole E98 Light Commercial Elliptical Machine|
|Item Weight(lbs.):||175 lbs.||189 lbs.||215 lbs.||215 lbs.||249 lbs.|
|Weight Capacity(lbs.):||325 lbs.||350 lbs.||375 lbs.||400 lbs.||400lbs|
|Controls and Features:|
|Adjustable Stride:||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable|
|Stride Height Adjustable:||Up & Down||Up & Down|
|Maximum Stride Length:||20"||20" - 22"||20" - 22"||20" - 22"||20"|
|Heart Rate Programs:||2||2||2||2||2|
|HR Chest Strap Included:||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Console Display Type:||LCD||LCD||LCD||LCD||LCD|
|Fan:||Built In||Built In||Built In||Built In||Built In|
|Heart Rate Monitoring:||Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Compatible||Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Compatible||Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Compatible||Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Compatible||Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Compatible|
|Incline Adjustability:||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable||Power Adjustable|
|Number of Programs:||10||10||10||10||10|
|Sound System:||Yes (MP3 compatible)||Yes (MP3 compatible)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Water Bottle Holder:||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Workout Display:||5.5" LCD||6.5" LCD||7.5" LCD||9" LCD||9" LCD|
|Electronics:||3 Years||3 Years||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years|
|Parts:||3 Years||3 Years||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years|
|Labor:||1 Year||1 Year||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years|
|Power Source/Voltage:||AC Power Cord 110||AC Power Cord 110||AC Power Cord 110||AC Power Cord 110||AC Power Cord 110|
This is the model to go for. All Sole Ellipticals share the same mechanicals, this offers the best balance between price and features. We have done some leg work, and while there are many different options from bricks and mortar to online stores there is a clear leader in service. Our recommendation is Amazon, they sell at the same price as Sole Direct however the service has, for us, the edge.
Sole E35 Review Summary & Verdict
About the only thing wrong with this elliptical is the sound quality and fan. Other than that the E35 is a near perfect product. If you are looking for an elliptical that will keep you motivated to train for years then this is a great choice. With a gym quality feel, comfortable stride and solid mechanicals this makes a great investment in your fitness.
Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine Review Summary:
- Elliptical machine provides challenging cardio workout, supported by blue, backlit LDC display that helps you track essential training data
- Adjustable pedals and console and power adjustable stride and incline; 20-to-22-inch maximum stride length; six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart rate programs
- Pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring; LCD console with 7.5-inch display; front drive system with bBuilt-in fan and 15-inch pedals; includes sound system and water bottle holder
- Measures 27 by 58 by 83 inches (W x H x D), with 230-pound weight and 375-pound weight limit
- Includes the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship: lifetime on frame; five years on electronics and parts; and two years on labor.Kindly refer the user manual attached below for troubleshooting steps and instructions.