Cycling is one of the best forms of exercise and for those who can’t afford to go on actual cycling exercises, a nice cycling machine in your home gym is your best friend. Finding a cycling bike that is perfect for your frame, preference and workout regimen is important.
This is why Schwinn continues to come up with products that are innovative, deliver the best workout performance, and are packed with features to suit your workout needs. The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike sits in the middle of the upright bike range from Schwinn. Above the 130 is the Schwinn 170 Upright Bike. The 130 retails at about $350, vs $450 for the 170.
How does the 130 differ from the other Schwinn Bikes?
The 130 is Schwinns entry level model. Released new for , it moves on from the 120 model released for 2012 in a few ways. The 120 was a highly regarded bike receiving high praise from customers for its quality and reliability. There is no reason to expect this model to be any less so. This is the big brother to the Schwinn A10 Upright Bike reviewed Here. The next model up is the Schwinn 170 which you can read about here.
This is a classic upright bike, designed for a gentle cardio workout. If you want something that will really stretch you then consider a spinning bike such as the Schwinn IC Performance Plus
The console has been upgraded to make it easier to read, and have few more programs built in. It now features 22 workout programs, vs 6 for the 2012 model, 16 resistance levels vs 8 previously.
It looks like Schwinn have put some thought into the subtle design features that usually go unnoticed but add up to a respectable set of changes.
If you enjoy doing intense cardio routines, you would definitely enjoy using this machine. It’s a good entry level fitness product for anyone who wants to spice up his or her routine on a regular basis, and a good upgrade on 2012. More so, it’s great if you want to take your weight loss plans to the next level.
Alternative Bikes to Consider:
Schwinn 170 comparison with the Schwinn 130
Why should I purchase the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike?
Aside from being manufactured by one of the best fitness brands in the industry, this newly released bike has a number of features that are very functional and very useful.
The bike’s features include:
A Useful Console
• A SchwinnDualTrack™ two LCD window system which allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks including calories burned, time, speed and distance
• A SchwinnConnect™ goal tracking system that easily enables you to keep track of your fitness goals
• A USB charging port and easy integration to SchwinnConnect™ and/or myfitnesspal.com
• 22 preset exercise programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
Handlebars, Speakers, and Fan
• Angle adjustable handlebars for a comfortable riding position
• Ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program
• Acoustic chamber speakers for big quality sound
• A 3-speed fan to keep you cool
Body, Seat & Frame
• Padded and contoured seat for a comfortable ride
• Two integrated levelers for a sold workout platform
• Transport wheels allow for easy movement from room to room
• Oversized crossbar tubing for added stability
• 20 levels of eddy current resistance
• A high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel keeps workouts smooth and quiet
The Schwinn are confidant about their bike and provide:
• 10 years for the frame
• 2 years for mechanical parts / 1 year for electrical parts
• 90 days for labor
With easy-to-use features, a well-designed console and a very affordable price point, the Schwinn 130 is easily your best bet for a cycling partner in the home.
Should I order one?
Well, with the suite of features and price a shade under $350 its an attractive offer. If you are looking for a more powerful bike capable of pushing you a little more then I would recommend the next model up in the Schwinn range the Schwinn 170. But for an entry level bike this would make a great choice.
Not only is Amazon a very reliable retailer, they also provide good customer service and hassle-free shipping. In addition, you can also avail of a 2-year warranty add-on to provide additional protection for your machine.
What do others say about this bike?
With over review from customers this bike rates with an average of out of five. This is what some of the review say:
“I did a lot of research and decided this bike has the best bang for the buck. I was right. For the money, I love this bike.”
“It arrived quickly, was easy to put together, had easy to follow directions, wasn’t missing any parts, and worked immediately and perfectly. I love the simplicity of the programs”
“This is a great beginner bike especially for the price. It works just fine, and does what it’s supposed to, and for the price that’s pretty amazing.”
Schwinn 130 Upright Bike Review Summary
This is a good bike from a hugely popular company. With this updated bike they have really push out the brand with a great quality low cost bike. If you want a comfortable bike that will make your workout feel good then the 130 is a great choice. At less than $350 this is a great way to kick start your exercise routines.