When it comes to choosing the best elliptical an important consideration is space. Unfortunately there are not that many folding ellipticals on the market, so to help you along we have compiled the best available folding ellipticals.
Why would you want a Folding Elliptical?
The primary reason for this is space. Exercise machines can take up a huge amount of room! There are plenty of folding treadmills, as the decks are easy to lift. However elliptical machines are more tricky, the whole foot-pad and arm sections have to raise at the same time, and this is a tricky challenge.
Often the space saving is quite small, about 20% which when considering the price premium of these machines is not ideal. However we have done the research and found the best bang for your buck.
Why are there so few Folding Ellipticals?
The reason there are not that many folding ellipticals is because of the way an elliptical works. The foot plates are normally connected to runners on the ground. If you want to fold up the machine it would mean putting hinges into the machine, this adds cost and complexity to the machine, that manufacturers try and avoid.
For an alternative compact elliptical that while it doesn’t fold still takes up very little space the Best Fitness E1 is a center drive elliptical that is great value at less than $1000
So what options are available to you for a folding elliptical?
Budget Folding Elliptical Machines
- Tighten and tone every major muscle group in your body
- Smoothly transition from a slow walk to full run with no sudden stops
- Get 10 exercises in one amazing calorie burning workout
- Patented, dual-action split suspension provides a complete range of motion and freedom of movement
- Soft Glide technology - innovative technology reduces the impact on your joints
Mid Range Folding Elliptical
OK so not really folding, however we really like the Best Fitness E1 Center drive elliptical. Because the drive is located in the middle its a massive space saver, even more compact than some of the other folding machines.
- Compact and portable elliptical trainer offers a patented center drive design and low center of gravity
- Constructed with a powder-coated steel frame
- Measures 48 by 30 by 66 inches (L x W x H)
- Moving arms allows for a dual-action, upper and lower body workout
- Close pedal spacing eliminates hip fatigue; contact heart rate grips allow you to monitor your workout intensity
- Fifteen-year frame warranty, 10-year motor warranty; 275-pound user capacity
High End Folding Elliptical Machines
- Easy three-step assembly
- Patented hydraulic folding system operates effortlessly and facilitates easy storage between workouts
- Ergonomic design and longer stride for a comfortable workout
- Convenient at-home fitness solution with a great value
- Innovative Cardio Compass display for clear, visual workout feedback