Value for Money
Ease of Use
Easy to use and great value.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use bike designed for a decent workout for reasonable price then the new Schwinn A10 Upright Bike is worth considering.
It’s an uncomplicated, fully adjustable stationary bike that helps you achieve your fitness goals easily, in the comforts of your home. At less than $200, including free delivery its extremely good value.
It is designed especially for people who are looking to squeeze in a quick exercise in between their busy work schedules. It’s equally great for people who prefer working out indoors.
- Full Features
Get to know more about the Schwinn A10 Upright Bike
This newly released model from Schwinn offers an outdoor bike feel in a compact design. Aside from its sturdy frame and enhanced portability, it delivers well on comfort, performance and feedback.
• It is packed with an ergonomic pedal design for efficient and comfortable pedaling.
• It has a fully adjustable seat that is contoured to help you assume a comfortable cycling position at all times.
• It comes with a padded saddle for better stability.
• Its angled handlebars are designed to help you find a comfortable hand position. In addition, it allows you to adjust your position easily to accommodate different riding positions.
• It is built with a high-speed, high-inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a true road feel, and smooth, consistent workout.
• It has a fast and reliable electromagnetic resistance system that is packed with eight levels of eddy current resistance.
• It is designed with oversized stabilizers and levelers for a solid workout platform.
• A very simple console design comes with an integrated fan and control buttons.
• Monitor eight different display feedback metrics including Calories, Heart Rate, Speed, RPM, Time, and Distance.
• Sx fitness programs and a quick start mode to help you spice up your workout routines progressively.
• It also has an integrated grip heart rate system for easy fitness monitoring.
The machine also comes with a number of additional features such as an MP3 music input port, speakers, a console fan, water bottle holder, and transport wheels.
The best part about this machine is that it doesn’t take very much get this bike up and running upon initial assembly. It will only take you thirty minutes top to get everything ready to go.
Pros and Cons of the Schwinn A10:
- A good entry level bike with easy to use features
- Built in heart rate monitor
- Easy to assemble
- This is an entry level product, and you should not expect commercial standards. That said this is still a well made durable exercise bike.
Top Buying tip:
If you do choose this bike, make sure you go for the 2013 version in the links. There are still some old versions on the market and these are significantly inferior to the new model.
|Model (Click for Review)||Schwinn 170 Upright Bike|| Schwinn 130 Upright Bike||Schwinn A10 Upright Bike|
|Best Price||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Resistance||25 levels of eddy current brake resistance||20 levels of eddy current brake resistance||8 levels of eddy current brake resistance|
|Drive System||High speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel||High speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel||Perimeter weighted flywheel|
|Total Number of Workout Programs||29||22||7|
|Number of Profile Programs||12||9||6|
|Number of Heart Rate Programs||9 (4 beginner + 4 advanced + Custom)||8 (4 beginner + 4 advanced)||0|
|Other Programs||Quick Start / 2 Fitness Tests / Recovery Test / 4 Custom||Quick Start / 2 Fitness Tests / 2 Custom||Quick Start|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Grip / Telemetry enabled console||Grip||Grip|
|Display & Console Features|
|Display Type||DualTrack™ 2 LCD window system – Main: 3.0" x 5.0" blue backlit, Secondary: 1.0" x 5.0" blue backlit||DualTrack™ 2 LCD window system – Main: 3.0" x 5.0", Secondary: 1.0" x 5.0"||LCD window 5.0" x 3.0"|
|Display Readouts||Time / RPM / Distance / Pulse / Speed / Calories / Resistance Level / Course Profile / Heart Rate Zone Indicator / % Complete Indicator / Intensity Meter / User Indicator / Goal Achievement||Time / RPM / Distance / Pulse / Speed / Calories / Resistance Level / Course Profile / Heart Rate Zone Indicator / % Complete Indicator / Intensity Meter / User Indicator / Goal Achievement||Time / RPM / Distance / Results / Speed / Calories/ Resistance Level / Heart Rate|
|Quick Keys||10 for resistance||10 for resistance||Yes|
|Performance Tracking||Goal Tracker||Goal Tracker||No|
|Seat||Large contoured seat / Fore & aft adjustments / Post attachment system||Padded contoured seat with post for easy seat exchange||Padded seat|
|Crank/Pedals||3-piece pedal cranks / Oversized pedals with toe straps||1-piece pedal cranks with standard pedals and toe straps||1-piece pedal cranks with standard pedals and toe straps|
|Handle Bars||Forearm rest / Angle adjustability||Angle adjustability||Padded|
|Water Bottle Holder||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fan||Yes – 3 speed||Yes – 3 speed||No|
|Sound System||Yes – acoustic chamber for big sound||Yes – acoustic chamber for big sound||Yes|
|USB Connection||Yes – USB charging and data export to Schwinn Connect™ & myfitnesspal.com||Yes – USB charging and data export to Schwinn Connect™ & myfitnesspal.com||No|
|Switchable From Miles To KM||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Rear Stabilizers/Frame Levelers||2 integrated levelers||2 integrated levelers||Yes|
|Product Dimensions||41.3" L x 21.4" W x 55.6" H (105 x 54 x 141 cm)||41.3" L x 21.4" W x 55.6" H (105 x 54 x 141 cm)||27.5" L x 19" W x 50" H (67 x 48 x 126 cm)|
|Machine Weight||62.8 lbs (28.5 kg)||58.4 lbs (26.5 kg)||54.7 lbs (24.8 kg)|
|Maximum User Weight||300 lbs (136 kg)||300 lbs (136 kg)||275 lbs (125 kg)|
|Power Requirements||Plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC Input, 9VDC, 1.5A output AC power adapter included.||Plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC Input, 9VDC, 1.5A output AC power adapter included.||Battery (not included) / AC Adaptor (sold separately)|
|Warranty||Frame: 10 yrs / Mechanical: 2 yrs / Electrical: 1 yr / Labor: 90 days||Frame: 10 yrs / Mechanical: 2 yrs / Electrical: 1 yr / Labor: 90 days||Frame: 2 yrs / Mechanical: 6 months / Electrical: 6 months / Labor: N/A|
Summary for the Schwinn A10 Upright Bike.
With the easy-to-use features, no-brainer assembly, and simple console design of the Schwinn A10 Upright Exercise Bike, it is definitely an amazing product for your cardio needs.