- 1 What about the Workout Quality?
- 2 How easy is the Exerpeutic App to Use?
- 3 Other features of this Bike:
- 4 Pros and Cons of the Exerpeutic 3000 upright bike:
- 5 What are other reviews saying.
- 6 Summary of the Exerpeutic 3000 Exercise Bike Review
- 7 Exerpeutic 3000 Magnetic Upright Bike with Programmable Computer/Bluetooth Technology/Mobile App Tracking Review Summary:
Exerpeutic have a great reputation for no frills exercise equipment, that delivers good performance at a low price. The 3000 Upright bike takes a slightly different approach.
Consoles on lower models such as the Exerpeutic 1000 are simple affairs showing little more than time and distance. On the 3000, you can now integrate your Phone or Tablet (compatible with both iOS and Android) with the new fitness app. This will enable you to track your workout, while reading or catching up with some tunes.
What about the Workout Quality?
All the technological innovation is not worth much if the workout is ineffective. And actually this is one of the stronger points of the Exerpeutic 3000. You have a comfortable bike, with a good wide seat and easy one step access. Even the pedals are over sized so they are comfortable to push against.
The bike is loaded up with 24 levels of resistance, enabling you to find exactly right the workout you are looking for.
One of the most striking features that I like is the extended upright handlebars. Some bikes force you to lean over the bike and can be uncomfortable on the back. The Exerpeutic allows you to sit in a good upright position that takes all the pressure off the lower back.
No need to worry about the noise, the pedals are linked to a fly wheel through a whisper quiet V-Belt that is smooth and near silent.
Well I have just downloaded the fitness pro app (its new so it has no iStore reviews). It took about 2 minutes to download. It presents a good clear screen, with options for workout programs, heart rate control (which can be linked with a bluetooth chest strap), power and recovery settings.
If you register with the PAFERS ID then it will store your workouts from session to session.
Overall it is easy to use and quick to set up. I use apps like my fitness pal alot to track my exercise and food. The free Exerpeutic app is more an extension of the console rather than a full fitness package, but its a great addition and the first time that I have seen anything like this on a bike at this price.:
Other features of this Bike:
The bike has a great user capacity of 300lbs, and thanks to the transport wheels is easy to move about. To keep you hydrated there is a conveniently placed water bottle holder.
There is some home assembly required, but this should take no more than an hour, and the whole bike weighs about 56lbs so its not a huge problem to move into the right room.
In addition the 3000 comes with a 1 year warranty.
Pros and Cons of the Exerpeutic 3000 upright bike:
- The App makes this worth the purchase alone. It is so much easier to use than the cheap displays found on other entry level bikes.
- Comfortable and easy to step into
- A good stable bike
- The cost of having an app is that there are no speakers of fans fitted to this bike. However generally at this level they are pretty ineffective and you are often better off without.
- Saddle is limited in adjustable height.
What are other reviews saying.
At the moment this bike is brand new, and has received little coverage. Overtime I will come back and add to this. Exerpeutic make some of the best selling bikes in the market, and I expect the feedback to be great!
Summary of the Exerpeutic 3000 Exercise Bike Review
If you like to keep track of your workouts then the Exerpeutic 3000 is a great choice for entry level bike. No other bike at this level offers the free app that can track as well as the Exerpeutic Pro app. You need to move upto the $700-$800 mark to find iFit devices and even they require membership. However it is not with out flaws. The saddle is not very adjustable, of you are under 5’4″ it may be to high for you, and some have found the over sized saddle very uncomfortable you may prefer the Nautilus U616 at a similar price.
So if you want to keep track of your workout goals on a comfortable and reliable bike then the Exerpeutic 3000 comes highly recommended for its fitness app, as it represents great value for money.
Exerpeutic 3000 Magnetic Upright Bike with Programmable Computer/Bluetooth Technology/Mobile App Tracking Review Summary:
- The "Full Range" adjustable handlebar will provide the ergonomically correct posture for different users
- Mobile App Tracking utilizes built in Bluetooth technology to allow the user to track workout results anywhere at any time
- Extended leg stabilizers to prevent any movement or tipping when exercising at any intensity level
- Hand Pulse Sensors allow you to monitor your heart rate to stay within a targeted heart rate zone
- Extended Weight Capacity up to 300lbs/DIMENSIONS: 45"L x 20"W x 54"H