Cycling is one of the best forms of exercise and for those who can’t afford to go on actual cycling exercises, a nice cycling machine in your home gym is your best friend. Finding a cycling bike that is perfect for your frame, preference and workout regimen is important.
This is why Nautilus continues to come up with products that are innovative, deliver the best workout performance, and are packed with features to suit your workout needs. The Nautlius sits at the top of the upright bike range from Nautlius. Also in the range is the U614, which retails for $299 vs $449 for the U616
How does the U616 differ from the other Nautilus Bikes?
The U616 is Nautilus top model. Released new for 2015, it moves on from the 500 series model launched over five years ago. The old range were a highly regarded receiving high praise from customers for its quality and reliability. There is no reason to expect the 2015 model to be any less so.
This is a classic upright bike, designed for a gentle cardio workout. If you want something that will really stretch you then consider a spinning bike such as the Schwinn IC Performance Plus
The console has been upgraded to make it easier to read, and have few more programs built in. It now features 29 workout programs, vs 6 for the 2010 model, 25 resistance levels vs 8 previously.
It looks like Nautluus have really thought about what the modern user needs, and we like their new console that includes a split dispaly (to store your tablet) and also bluetooth connections. This means you can share your workout instantly on Myfitnesspal. I find this a real motivator to know that friends can see what I have done and what progress I have made.
If you enjoy doing intense cardio routines, you would definitely enjoy using this machine. It’s a good entry level fitness product for anyone who wants to spice up his or her routine on a regular basis, and a good upgrade on the old model. More so, it’s great if you want to take your weight loss plans to the next level.
Why should I purchase the Nautlius U616 Upright Bike?
Aside from being manufactured by one of the best fitness brands in the industry, this newly released bike has a number of features that are very functional and very useful.
The bike’s features include:
Useful Split Console
• A twin Blue LCD window system which allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks including calories burned, time, speed and distance
• A Nautlius Connect goal tracking system that easily enables you to keep track of your fitness goals
• A USB charging and Bluetooth port and easy integration to myfitnesspal.com
• 25 pre-set workout programs and 2 user settings that will always keep you motivated and challenged
Ergnomic Handlebars, Speakers, and Fan
• Angle adjustable handlebars for a comfortable riding position
• Ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program
• Acoustic chamber speakers for big quality sound
• A 3-speed fan to keep you cool
Comfortable Body, Seat & Frame
• Padded and contoured seat for a comfortable ride
• Two integrated levelers for a sold workout platform
• Transport wheels allow for easy movement from room to room
• Oversized crossbar tubing for added stability
• 25 levels of eddy current resistance
• A high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel keeps workouts smooth and quiet
The Nautlius are confidant about their bike and provide:
• 10 years for the frame
• 2 years for mechanical parts / 1 year for electrical parts
• 90 days for labor
With easy-to-use features, a well-designed console and a very affordable price point, the Nautilus U616 is a great choice for a cycling partner in the home.
What are other reviews saying about the U616?
“The bike is good – quiet, efficient, easy to use and set up, and the workout syncing feature is nice to have”
“As others have said, the bike is quiet, the fan is a nice touch, and it’s a really nice bike that spares me a gym membership”
Well, with the suite of features and price well under $500 its an attractive offer. If you are looking for a more than just a basic featured entry level bike, and one that is capable pushing you a little more then I would recommend this model. The lower model, the U614 lacks some of the features that makes this great for me, such as Bluetooth and many of the fitness programs.
Not only is Amazon a very reliable retailer, they also provide good customer service and hassle-free shipping. In addition, you can also avail of a 2-year warranty add-on to provide additional protection for your machine.
Nautilus U616 Upright Bike Review Summary:
This is a great bike from a hugely popular company. If you want a comfortable bike that will make your workout feel good then the U616 is a great choice. At less than $500 this is a great way to kick start your exercise routines. We think this is one of the best fitness bikes available today.
Nautilus U616 Upright Bike Review Summary:
The best thing is the excellent price at around $400.