This treadmill is a true contender for a quality walking treadmill. A 1.5 HP motor powers the treadmill up to a comfortable 4 MPH. Couple the speed with its Quiet Drive system that keeps the sound to a minimum and in the Exerpeutic TF1000 you have a great treadmill that can be used anywhere in your house without disturbing others. If your finances are tight then this represents great value for money, at less than $500 its cheaper than most annual gym memberships, and there are will be no queues to use it in your own home! Let’s look at the features in full…
Our Full Exerpeutic TF1000 Treadmill review:
Main Features of the TF1000
As a walking treadmill there is no need for the motor to be too powerful, and 1.5 HP is perfect for this model. This doesn’t mean that the TF1000 will struggle, its capable of running at 4MPH even with a 400lb rider, this is a brisk walk!
The speed is easily adjustable, and with increments of just 0.1 MPH it will be easy to find the perfect speed for you. Most higher end machines only offer 0.5 MPH increments, which lace the finesse of the Exerpeutic. Finally you will find that the motor runs extremely quietly. This allows you to be able to listen to music or the TV, even work while clocking up the miles. The sound is like that of a powerful food processor on the lowest setting. This is due to the Quiet Drive system that is unique to Exerpeutic. As one user puts it “It’s great to be able to hear yourself think!”
The TF100 comes with a couple of options here, either 3% or 6% for the incline. Walking at a 6% slope for an hour or so is a good challenge for anyone! Actually you will find lots of more expensive machines that don’t even give the option of an incline.
With a generous area of 20″ x 40″ there is plenty of room for even the longest strides. The width of 20″ is in the same league as some of the more expensive gym machines. As this is for walking there is no need for a great long belt, and by keeping a little shorter it makes the machine easy to find a space for.
Sporting a good sized and easy to read display, the TF1000 can show all the workout stats you need: Distance, Time, Speed, Calories etc. Not only that but it also includes a pulse measurement, simply grip the handle bars over the sensors and it will give your heart reading. Great for keeping in the training zone while you walk.
Easy to Store
Ok I have headed this easy to store, and it does fold down to a small compact size for a treadmill. However it does weigh over 120lbs which might be on the heavy side for some. Once it’s folded up then it is easy to move about on the front wheels. On the subject of its weight its worth considering that this can take a user weight of upto 400lbs. This is impressive even for a machine costing 2 or 3 x the amount of this one.
While not remarkable, for this price level we think the warranty is quite generous: five-year warranty on the motor and frame and a 90-day warranty on parts and labor.
What are other reviews saying about the Exerpeutic TF1000?
This is an incredibly popular machine, and has received over 50 reviews, rating it on average a good 3.7 out of 5. Users like the simplicity and the low noise of the treadmill.
“LOVE This Excellent Walking Treadmill!!”
For some this treadmill has become a daily companion, and no matter if its -5 degrees or +80f then its possible to walk a few miles each day in comfort. Some users combine this with a desk and make it into a desk treadmill that can be used for working.
What can be better than getting through your emails or writing a few letters while working out at the same time?
There are a couple of negative reviews, particularly around the service from Exerpeutic. Fortunately they bought the treadmill from Amazon who sorted them out.
Click here to read more pros and cons >>> Exerpeutic TF1000 Reviews
Its worth noting that this is not a “no maintenance” treadmill. You will need to occasionally oil under the belt to keep it running smoothly. Also the rollers will sometimes need to realigned to keep the belt straight.
- EXTENDED WEIGHT CAPACITY: Tested up to 400lbs of user weight.
- MOTOR RATING: 1.5 Horse Power High Torque Motor. High Torque means that any resistance applied to the belt increases the motor’s power. The motor utilizes “Quiet Drive” which reduces any noise when walking so that there is no sound interference with TV’s or music.
- PULSE MONITOR: Measure your target heart rate.
- EXTENDED WIDTH: The treadmill belt has been widened to a fitness club size of 20” for safety and security.
- SAFETY FEATURES: Extra long safety handles are 18” long, more than 2 X the length of other typical treadmill handles, providing for walking securely preventing any loss of balance. The ground level walking surface allows for easy on and easy off of the treadmill.
- HEAVY DUTY FRAME: The frame has been reinforced to accommodate a high weight capacity capability with wide side rails for a foot platform, if needed.
- SPEED RANGE: Speed adjusts in increments of 1/10’s mph up to a maximum of 4mph. At 4mph the user can achieve a very rigorous fitness walking workout without needing to run.
- MANUAL INCLINE: 2 position manual incline feature.
- ASSEMBLY: The Exerpeutic 1000 is virtually assembled out of the box. Attach the computer and you are ready to go!
- CONVENIENCE: Speed control buttons and on/off buttons are on the handle bars for convenience.
- TREADMILL BELT SIZE: 40”L x 20”W
- STORAGE: The Exerpeutic TR1000 folds up easily utilizing a hydraulic shock absorber and then can be moved to different locations via transportation wheels.
- COMPUTER: LCD display window features elapsed time, distance walked, calorie burn, speed and pulse monitoring.
- WARRANTY: 5 years motor warranty, 5 year frame, 90 days parts and labor.
Review Summary: Should you Buy the TF1000?
For the price, this really has no competition from other Walking Treadmills. With its strong frame, and ability to take users of 400lbs you can be sure its strong enough to take whatever you can throw at it. You could easily spend 2x more on a more sophisticated machine, but we feel there really is no need. With the Exerpeutic TF1000 you can easily rack up a few miles every day and lose pounds.