While local gyms may always seem packed with customers, the fact remains that a majority of people exercise in their own homes. And treadmills remain the popular choice for home exercise equipment. In today’s post we will look at the Five best treadmills for Home use in 2017
Shopping for the right treadmill can be a difficult and even daunting task. For starters, finding one that both fits your budget and provides the quality of exercise you’re looking for is always a challenge. Moreover, what fits someone else’s needs may not be the right fit for you.
Here are some things to consider when buying a treadmill for home use in 2017, as well as some of the top machines on today’s market:
Pricing – You can typically find budget and mid-priced treadmills at large retailers. For more expensive brands, you’ll probably have to shop at a specialty fitness store.
Size – Keep in mind that you’ll need at least two feet on each side and the back to get on and off the treadmill. Most treadmills measure 6.5 feet by 3.5 feet.
Ergonomics – A longer deck is better if you do more running than walking.
High-Tech Features – Many treadmills now include wireless internet connections, as well as docks for iPods and USB ports.
Adjustability – Check and see the incline features; most treadmills incline up to 10 percent, some as high as 15 percent.
Assembly – Ask both about delivery and assembly. Remember, a treadmill can weigh up to 400 pounds.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best treadmills for home use:
- High performance 2.5 HP motor with a spacious 20-by-56-inch running surface
- Biomechanically correct deck suspension system supports up to 300 pounds
- Multicolored LCD console tracks your time, calories, distance, speed, and more
- 21 exercise programs targeting weight loss, healthy living, sports training, and heart rate programs
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor
Don't just take our word for it, not only do we think its one of the best value budget treadmills, both Good Housekeeping and Treadmill Doctor have rated this among their best buys.
Easy to use, build and train with for an all round treadmill that won't break the bank the Horizon T101 should be on the top of your list.
- Rated a best "Value Buy" for walking by the Good Housekeeping Institute and by the Treadmill Doctor as one of the "Best Buys" in its category
- Folding treadmill with speeds up to 10 MPH, incline to 10 percent, 20 x 55-Inch running area. Assembled Dimensions: 70 x 33.5 x 55"" Folded Dimensions: 45.5 x 33.5 x 61"
- 30 program options including: manual workout, 10 Step-goal workouts, 10 distance-based workouts, 6 calorie-goal workouts and 3 intervals workouts
- Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 compatibility; Pulse grip heart rate monitoring
- 2.25 continuous duty CHP motor for quiet operation. 300-pound maximum user weight; Lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 2 yr parts, 1 yr labor
One of the most desirable and best looking treadmills for the home this year!
- Commercial Grade 3.0 HP Continuous Duty motor with heavy precision balanced flywheel and Full 20"X 55" multi-ply Running Belt
- Progressive Shock Absorption Deck rests on multi-udometer elastomer rings providing a soft landing surface in front
- Patented Intelligent Weight Management software and wireless scale
- Ergonomically designed console featuring quick start, single touch resistance, speed/incline control; cup holders, hi-fidelity speakers and MP3 jack
- Crowned rollers with sealed bearings provide superior belt tracking
The Sole Fitness F80 comes with six standard programs, two custom programs and two heart programs, along with an MP3 compatible sound system, cooling fans and an LCD workout display.
- F80 treadmill offers an industry-leading warranty and a proprietary Cushion Flex Whisper Deck, shown in a study to reduce impact on your joints by up to 40% compared to running on asphalt
- 3.5 CHP, DC Type motor with 0.5-to-12 MPH speed range, 0-to-15% rack-and-pinion gear design incline, two-ply belt, pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring
- Six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart programs; cooling fans and MP3-compatible sound system; 7.5-inch LCD workout display
- Measures 35 by 58 by 80 inches (W x H x D); deck measures 35 by 80 inches (W x D); running surface measures 22 by 60 inches (W x D); 265-pound weight and 375-pound weight limit; 2.75-inch rollers
- Includes the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship: lifetime on frame, motor, and deck; five years on electronics; and two years on labor