Review Summary and Best price
Great comfortable shoe, SPD cleats fit well and good for walking & cycling
If you’re an above-average cyclist – which means you take cycling classes at the gym several times a week, or enjoy the health benefits of having your own cycling machine in your living – then you’re well aware of how your normal shoes impede your progress. Some people even find it nearly impossible to get a comfortable grip on the bike wheel, which is where a good pair of spinning shoes come into play – they are known to increase comfort and performance for hours of cycling.
My search for the best spinning shoes led me to the Shimano Unisex Sh-Ct41. They are shock-absorbent, and provide comfort for a full cycling session – furthermore, they are comfortable enough to wear as normal shoes to the gym. The breathability of the mesh construction is top-notch, making sure you don’t get sweaty feet on those long rides.
Shimano Unisex Sh-Ct41 Shoe Review in Full
As mentioned earlier, the first thing you’ll notice after trying the shoes on is the premier level of comfort. When I put them on, I found it remarkable that although they look like low-top athletic shoes, they feel like professional spinning shoes; however, at just a fraction of the cost. This comfort comes from the EVA cushion insole that absorbs every shock you would otherwise experience when you’re pumping hard on the. The mesh construction only adds to this comfort, fitting snugly while also allowing airflow. The shoes are quite flexible and manage to be very light – they don’t feel much heavier than a pair of wool socks! The only thing is these shoes tend to run a little large, so we would recommend going a half size smaller than you would normally wear.
The real measure of spinning shoes in general is how well they hold up. Comfort is a necessity, of course, but the primary function should be performance. The Shimano Unisex Sh-Ct41 takes this with flying colors; these indoor cycling shoes perform as well as advertised with your indoor bike (not surprisingly). Additionally, these shoes have cleat positioner caps to help you properly locate the insertion point of trademark Click ‘R pedals. They are also compatible with the Shimano Pedaling Dynamics (SPD) system of clipless pedals; all of this culminates in a very smooth cycling session.
What are other reviews saying about the SH-CT41?
“I am really liking these shoes so far. I was looking for a SPD cycling shoe that was a little more subtle than regular cycling shoes”
“they are comfortable, ease to clean, very fresh and lightweight.”
“I wish I would have gotten into this cycling shoe a couple of years ago because it has improved my riding performance by 10-15%”
Overall these score an average rating of: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Shimano Unisex Sh-Ct41 Bicycle Shoe Review Summary
Ever since I became an avid indoor cyclist 6 years ago, and signed up to several gym cycling classes to push myself, I’ve been through about a handful of spinning shoes. For my money, the Shimano Unisex Sh-Ct41 is the best of the bunch. You won’t be able to find anything more comfortable than these at this price point, and the SPD compatibility is a plus in my book.
Beginners will like the fact that the clear positioner cap guides them into the Click ‘R pedal easily, and seasoned cyclists will marvel at how well these compare to higher-end shoes. Months after I first got them, there’s been no discernible decrease in performance, and I ride for 40 minutes at a time on my bike in front of the TV regularly.
Shimano Unisex SH-CT41 Cycling Shoes, Black, 46.0 Review Summary:
- COMFORTABLE & RELAXED: Casual sneaker styling is perfect for everyday cycling and commuting. Hop off your bike and walk with easy on the comfortable and highly cushioned sole
- INCREASED POWER: A hidden inner shank plate provides the stiffness needed for optimal power transfer and efficiency in a low key, non-invasive package
- GROUNDBREAKING VERSATILITY: Shock absorbing EVA mid sole maximizes walking comfort, allowing you to hop off the bike and walk around in complete comfort. This level of versatility is perfect for urban riders, and changes the way we think about clipless shoes
- STYLISH PERFORMANCE: Suede upper provides a sleek look, which revolutionizes what we can expect from an SPD shoe. This durable material is built to last, making it an optimal daily commuter, with added ventilation for temperature control
- EASY TO USE: Installing your SPD cleats is a breeze with the CT5. The shoe is also optimized for all SPD and CLICK'R pedals, making it an easy transition between all your favorite rides