- 1 How does the Exerpeutic 5000 differ from the other Ellipticals ?
- 2 Some Assembly Required
- 3 Warranty
- 4 Dimensions
- 5 Pros and Cons
- 6 What are others saying about the Exerpeutic 5000 Elliptical?
- 7 Review Summary: Our verdict on the 5000 Elliptical:
- 8 Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer with Double Transmission Drive/Bluetooth Technology/Mobile Application Tracking Review Summary:
When it comes to buying a new Elliptical Trainer there is a huge amount of choice. Plus new machines are coming on the market all the time. This is great for us the consumers, as even lower end machines now have the features that only a few years ago were restricted to the top priced models. At less than $400 the Exerpeutic 5000 Elliptical trainer packs a huge amount into a tiny price.
How does the Exerpeutic 5000 differ from the other Ellipticals ?
It used to be rare for budget machines to have a decent stride length, The 5000 model from Exerpeutic ships with a handy 18″ stride. This will be perfect for anyone under about 6′ tall, perfect for me at 5’11”!
Like high end machines, the 5000 has a three piece crank, basically this translates the circular motion of the free wheel into a smooth elliptical path. It gives a good motion without to much bouncing up and down. This minimises any stress or pain on the knees, and makes even long workouts extremely comfortable.
Workout Programs & Heart Rate Monitor
- Again once only found on high priced machines, there are a number of excellent workout programs. We particularly like the interval training program, which alternates between high intensity workouts followed by a much needed rest!
- If you prefer more of a challenge, then the hill climb will keep pushing you harder and harder until the end of the workout!
- Whats even better is that there is no danger of over exerting yourself.
- The heart rate monitor, built into the handles of the Exerpeutic 5000, will keep your heart rate safely in the ‘fat burning zone’, or the Cardio training zone. You do have to watch that your hands stay firmly on the sensors, or it will take a few moments to reacquire your pulse.
Again another advance, old ellipticals used to use friction to control the resistance levels. The Exerpeutic uses magnets to make the workout harder. There are pros and cons to this. On the plus side, the resistance levels will remain consistent from workout to workout.
They are also easy to control, you can even control the workout via your iphone (see below!). However it does mean that this machine will need to be plugged in. So you will have to locate it near a socket.
This feature blows us away! Normally a huge amount of the cost of an elliptical goes into fancy consoles. As you can see from the image, the Exerpeutic is a little plain. However, if you are lucky enough to own a tablet or smart phone (android or apple), then you can download a console app from Exerpeutic.
This allows your own device to take over the features of the console. You have already bought the tablet, why pay twice for a display on your elliptical?
Its because of this innovative display that the Exerpeutic 5000 is so affordable. It means that the saving on the display can be passed back to us the customers!
How does it work? Simple, download the app, then connect via bluetooth to the elliptical. The app contains all the workout history, so you can track progress, and control your workout directly from the app.
Some Assembly Required
This elliptical does not come fully built, and you will have to put some of the components together yourself. Again this helps to keep the costs down, as you are doing some of the labour, plus shipping costs are lower.
In practice we found that this is one of the simpler machines to build. You should have it together in less than an hour, most people take between 30 minutes and an hour to put it together. One issue is that the instructions are not very clear. We find that if you work off an image of the machine its easy enough to workout where all the parts go. Just make sure you use the right washers and bolts!
Don’t expect to much here, the warranty is limited and only one year.
This machine is actually quite compact, but does not feel to small when you are on it:
- Dimensions: 55”L x 25”W x 64”H
- Product Weight: 84 lbs
- Carton Dimensions: 46”L x 15”W x 23”H
- Carton Weight: 95 lbs
- User weight 270lbs (max)
Pros and Cons
- This is the highest spec machine of any on the market for under $500
- 18″ Stride lenght is a huge benefit
- The bluetooth app brings the interface on par with $1000+ machines
- Some self assembly required
- Needs to be near a socket
What are others saying about the Exerpeutic 5000 Elliptical?
Although a new product to market (launched in May 2014) already there are positive reviews about this machine.
“very satisfied with the purchase and I would recommend it to anyone”
“This one was the right fit at the right price!”
“I use it everyday”
To see more reviews click here>>>
Review Summary: Our verdict on the 5000 Elliptical:
Well there you have it. An elliptical costing less than $500 with a huge amount going for it, infact we have managed to find it under $400 for you! A great stride length, heart rate sensors, fantastic interface. We really like what Exerpeutic have done with this machine. They have delivered a good quality machine at a sensible price. We find it hard to fault and have grown to like the new Exerpeutic 5000 Elliptical Machine.
Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer with Double Transmission Drive/Bluetooth Technology/Mobile Application Tracking Review Summary:
- An 18 inch smooth elliptical stride length provides a comfortable and full range work out, without any strain on the knees or ankles
- Mobile App Tracking utilizes built in Bluetooth technology, to allow the user to track workout results anywhere and at any time
- A strong and durable 3 piece cranking system for high end performance and continuous momentum
- 24 level Magnetic Tension system adjustable via the computer console
- Extended User weight capacity of 270 lbs./DIMENSIONS: 55"L x 25"W x 64"H/PRODUCT WEIGHT: 84 lbs.
- Kindly refer the user manual attached below for troubleshooting steps and instructions.