The Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike is a neat exercise machine that has everything you need to work those leg and core muscles, and keep your heart rate up. There are some flaws, and we will look at them in full.
Make the right choice by investing on a great fitness product that will make you enjoy your cardio exercises. Recumbent bikes offer comfort and great ease of use, as you are able to relax back in a wide saddle, and not be sat upright as on a traditional bike.
This model is pitched as an entry level bike, with a price to match. At under $300 its a great place to start your fitness journey. If you are already confident and a strong cyclist you may want to consider a more versatile bike such as the Schwinn 270.see best price
Features of the Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike ?
• It comes with a Large 5” X 3” LCD window which allows you to monitor up to 8 different display feedbacks. You can easily monitor your workout progress, with readouts for time, RPM, distance, pulse, speed, calories burned, resistance level and course profile.
• It has six built-in workout programs plus a Quick Start mode which keeps you motivated and challenged all the time.
• It comes with a great speaker system that allows you to enjoy your favorite fitness tunes at optimal audio speed and quality.My biggest issue with the console is that it needs either batteries or a charging lead to power it. Neither of these are included.
Body, Seat and Frame
• It has an extra-wide and extra-padded seat to help you enjoy your indoor cycling experience. It gives your back much needed support to ensure you don’t have an uncomfortable sitting position during your routine. In addition, you can easily adjust the seat forward and backward to fit yourself perfectly. The seat is completely adjustable in order to accommodate riders of all body sizes and types.
• The make is strong and sturdy and it can support up to 275 pounds. For safety and stability, it has two levelers for a solid workout platform. It also has regular platform pedals, a step-through recumbent frame for easy and exit. It also has a strategically placed grip heart rate monitors to keep you comfortable while you ride.
• For enhanced mobility, it also comes with transport wheels to allow for easy movement from room to room.
• Aside from a durable belt drive motor, the machine comes with 8 levels of eddy current resistance. It is also built with a high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel which keeps all workouts smooth and quiet.
• It comes with a 2-year frame warranty, a 6-months parts warranty (30 day wear parts) and a 6-month electrical warranty.
What are others saying?
This is a new model from Schwinn, and so far has received on the whole positive reviews. Scoring 3.3 out of 5.
“This entry level recumbent bike is a great value for the price.”
“Nearly perfect rating could have been top-level 5-star if Schwinn would have included the power adaptor”
Any other issues?
We have already mentioned the power cable, you will need to buy this adapter if you want to run from the mains. It costs about $10. Many users find even this of insufficient length to reach from the socket to the bike, and have to buy a three meter extension for a further $8.
Also this really is an entry level bike, if you are more than an occasional user you should consider the more expensive Schwinn 270 as a good bench mark. You will get much more use, and over time the cost will probably work out the same as you will reach the limit of what the A20 has to offer quickly.
Schwinn A20 Recumbent Review Summary:
With the Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike, you have a great beginners bike. You can listen to music, read a book, and watch your favorite videos while you’re at it!
It runs smoothly and quietly, and is easy to assemble. If you are looking for a basic recumbent with no frills then this would make a great choice. Just remember to grab some batteries when you order.