- 1 Let’s look at the Exerpeutic 900XL in some more detail.
- 2 What are other reviews saying about the Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike?
- 3 Where can I buy the Exerpeutic 900XL for the Best Price?
- 4 Summary of Features:
- 5 Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Recumbent Bike Review Summary:
- 6 Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse Review Summary:
If you want to get in shape, and not spend a fortune doing it then the Exerpeutic 900Xl Recumbent Bike might be a great place to start.
Recumbent bikes have become popular over the last couple of years as people look for comfortable ways to exercise in the home. Upright bikes can have hard saddles, ellipticals are really expensive, and treadmills can be hard on the knees.
When looking for a great quality bike, that does not cost the earth then consider the 900XL. It has over 400 positive reviews, and averages 4.2 stars. Not bad for a recumbent bike costing less than $200. Some gym memberships cost that per month, with your new bike you won’t pay a penny in ongoing costs.
Let’s look at the Exerpeutic 900XL in some more detail.
As a recumbent bike this is built for comfort. With a padded laid back seat that minimises pressure points, you can cycle for hours without the discomfort that you may feel on an upright bike.
It’s not uncommon for users to read a book or a magazine while working out! I sometimes catch a movie on my iPad when I use a recumbent.
Don’t worry about your height. Officially the comfortable seat adjusts to accommodate heights of 5’6″ to 6’3″. However I have read reports that users 5’0″ tall have found the bike to be comfortable simply by adjusting the seat forward.
As a recumbent bike this is really comfortable to sit on. Especially if you are higher weight (the bike is designed for riders up to 300lbs), by lying back while exercising it takes much of the pressure off the joints and means less risk of injury. The other advantage of cycling over say running is that there is no impact on your joints, this makes the workouts safer and lets you work harder – burning fat off faster!
The Exerpeutic 900XL has large wide pedals that are easy to use beneath your feet. These link to the resistance system, a large flywheel hidden inside the machine.
There are 8 levels of resistance from a gentle warm-up to a heart pumping climb setting.
With magnetic resistance there is hardly any noise from the wheels turning, great if you want to watch TV while working out.
There is some home assembly required. If you are good with your hands this could take less than an hour. The average time is about two hours. All the tools needed are included, and the instructions are clear and very detailed.
At this price Exerpeutic have included a good number of features, including a simple console allowing you to track your workout progress. All the usual stats are available: distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information.
The heart rate feature is great allowing you to stay within your training heart rate zone.
Resistance is controlled via a dial on the frame, allowing you to select 8 levels of resistance.
The bike is easy to move with the built-in wheels
The Exerpeutic 900XL includes a limited three-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
What are other reviews saying about the Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike?
This is one of the most popular and highly reviewed piece of cardio equipment on Amazon. As pointed out it has received over 400 positive reviews. More than half of these are the top level 5 stars!
“A fantastic exercise bike for a quality price!”
“Solidly Built !!! Great performance!!!”
Most of the feedback is how well made the bike is, how easy to use. The bike is solid, hardly any wobble and importantly runs very quietly.
As its so simple to assemble there are no complaints of missing parts or of difficulty following the instructions.
Well this is a sub $200 exercise bike, so don’t expect it to feel like an expensive one you might find in a gym!
If you are looking for a price under $200, and not bumped up with shipping then you can buy from a place like Amazon. They will have stock and can ship FOC to all continental states.
Summary of Features:
- Recumbent Design: The step-through style bike ensures easy on-and-off, as well as a comfortable workout that won’t unnecessarily stress your back and knees
- Leg Stabilizers: Extended leg stabilizers provide a rock-solid platform during even the most strenuous of workouts
- Transportation Wheels: Easily move the unit from one location to another
- Tension Resistance: Eight-level Magnetic Tension Control System allows you to customize your ride and challenge yourself over time
- Onboard Computer: Large, easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information
- Heart Rate Sensors: Built-in hand pulse monitor helps you maintain your desired target heart rate
- Crank System: “Smooth torque” cranking system with precision-balanced flywheel and V-belt drive provides smooth, consistent, quiet pedaling
- Adjustable Seat: Fits users from five feet, six inches to six feet, three inches tall
- Safety: Larger pedals with safety straps prevent foot slippage
- Comfort: A padded, oversized seat cushion and back rest ensure as comfortable a workout as possible
- Measures 22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D)
- 63-pound weight
- 300 lbs max user weight
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Recumbent Bike Review Summary:
Aside from the points above, we really cannot fault this Bike. With is quality construction, well thought out rider position and even a good looking console you are getting a huge amount of recumbent for not a lot of money.
We love it and for a recumbent under $200 it’s hard not to recommend the Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Recumbent Bike.
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse Review Summary:
With a larger adjustable seat and clear console, its easy to mount up the hours of cycling with this bike. The near silent drive makes it a great choice for watching TV or catching up on some reading.
Its no wonder that this is one of the top selling bikes on Amazon!