The Diamondback Fitness 510Sr is a new recumbent bike from Diamondback. I really like working out on a recumbent as I am sat comfortably and its easy to read a book or my iPad while burning 100’s of calories. The great thing with the Diamondback is that it is top drawer quality and have been a fan of their bikes for years.
This bike works out a little expensive, but that simply reflects the quality of the build and all the functions available. There are cheaper bikes on the market, but you will sacrifice some of the great features.
The full Review of the Diamondback 510SR:
With the 510SR you have a choice of 20 different programs. From entry level flat rides, through rolling hills and onto gruelling hills. Each program can be run at 16 levels of resistance, further increasing the variety of workouts available, and ensuring that you get stronger and fitter every time you get on the bike.
I am a big fan of recumbents, on the whole they are much more comfortable than uprights. This can keep you in the saddle for much longer. If you are wanting to watch a whole episode of Breaking Bad then you will be spinning comfortably for the full 50 minutes on the 510SC. This means more fat burned, while you catch up on your favourite programs.
What makes this bike so comfortable, and sets it apart from its peers is the mesh saddle. This is extremely adjustable and the mesh folds to the shape of your back.
The console is a standard LCD display, with easy to reach buttons and a clear screen. The features displayed are: heart rate, distance, speed, time and calories. All fairly standard. What I do like is the fold out “magazine” rack – probably more likely to hold an iPad than anything paper. There is also a fan fitted to keep you cool during the workout.
There is a heart rate monitor built into the grips of the handles. These are easily located where your hands would naturally fall at your side. The bike will alter the effort of your workout based on your heart rate, so you can programme in your target heart rate and the 510SR will try and keep you there.
Finally there are inputs for a usb and iphone/mp3. If you are working out for a while then you can keep your devices charged and the music playing.
The clincher for me is the generous warranty: Frame and brake – lifetime limited; parts and electronics – 3 years; labor 1 year; wear items-90 days
64 inches by 23 inches by 50 inches (L by W by H).
Max user weight 300lbs
Alternatives to the Diamondback 510SR Recumbent Bike
|Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike||$679.25|
|NordicTrack GX 4.7 Exercise Bike||Click to see|
|Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike||$380.89|
|Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike||Click to see|
|Schwinn 520 Recumbent Elliptical Trainer||Click to see|
Pros and Cons of the Diamondback Fitness 510Sr
This bike is very highly rated, from 16 reviews on Amazon it has received a rating of an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Reviewers love the great value for money that this bike represents this comment about sums it up:
“Bike works perfectly. I’ve not been so impressed with a company & their warranty in a long time. If your serious about you equipment and your health – look no further. Buy Diamondback.”
For more Pros and Cons Click Here
Key Features and Benefits:
- Easy to read 510Sr LCD display with a bright blue LCD display and real-time feedback
- QuickSet program keys
- Scrolling message center 20 workout programs 16 increments of resistance adjustment
- Target heart rate programs
- Handgrip heart rate sensors
- Integrated speaker system with mp3 connectivity and headphone jack
- Media bay with USB Port offers Integrated multi-speed adjustable cooling fan Magazine rack folds away when not in use
- On-board water bottle and holder
- Adjustability: tilt the console and handlebar angle for a customized fit
- Frictionless eddy current braking system is smooth and quiet
Assembled Dimensions: 64 x 23 x 50
Packaged Dimensions: 67 x 13 x 31 inches (LxWxH)
User Weight Capacity:
Our Review Verdict and Summary
For the money this is probably the best recumbent there is on the market. Its not cheap, but if you will never need another, and the lifetime warranty will keep the pedals turning for years.
A comfortable, well made bike, you won’t go wrong with the Diamondback Fitness 510SR.
Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike Review Summary:
- Recumbent Exercise bike with 20 workout programs including target heart rate and 16 levels of resistance
- LCD display with real-time feedback, QuickSet program keys, and scrolling message center
- Integrated speaker system with mp3 connectivity; foldout magazine rack; adjustable cooling fan; cup holder
- Sculptured seat base and back; adjustable console and arm rest; smooth and quiet frictionless eddy current braking system
- Warranties: frame and brake--lifetime limited; parts and electronics--3 years; labor--1 year; wear items--90 days