the social dilemma transcript with timestampsthe social dilemma transcript with timestamps

[pundit] You have more than a third of Republicans saying the Democratic Party is a threat to the nation, more than a quarter of Democrats saying the same thing about the Republicans. Personally, I think the age should be 16. Hes talking all about deleting social media, which you gotta do. [Marco Rubio] We are a nation of people that no longer speak to each other. GPS coordinates indicate that theyre in close proximity. [man] SARS, coronavirus. If you've seen The Social Dilemma on Netflix, you're probably having trouble using social media right now. [Jonathan Haidt, PhD] There has been a gigantic increase in depression and anxiety for American teenagers which began right around between 2011 and 2013. You keep freaking Mom out about our phones when its not really a problem. The Social Dilemma is a 2020 American docudrama lm directed by Je Orlowski and written by Orlowski, Davis Coombe, and Vickie Curtis. [Aza Raskin] You can imagine these things are sort of like they they tilt the floor of of human behavior. The second rule is no social media until high school. [Bailey] I was one of the really early employees at Instagram. Later, I found out Larry Page had been notified about this presentation in three separate meetings that day. And its a marketplace that trades exclusively in human futures. And that pattern points to social media. Every developers should read this. These things have become digital Frankensteins that are terraforming the world in their image, whether its the mental health of children or our politics and our political discourse, without taking responsibility for taking over the public square. Timestamping in transcription refers to inserting time codes in a transcript (in minutes and seconds) at specified intervals. [Tim] We are zealots about it. His psychometric doppelgangers. [Tristan] If I want to manipulate an election, I can now go into a conspiracy theory group on Facebook, and I can find 100 people who believe that the Earth is completely flat and think its all this conspiracy theory that we landed on the moon, and I can tell Facebook, Give me 1,000 users who look like that. Facebook will happily send me thousands of users that look like them that I can now hit with more conspiracy theories. It was about sowing total chaos and division in society. [Roger] Over time, you have the false sense that everyone agrees with you, because everyone in your news feed sounds just like you. The film features interviews with many former employees, executives and other professionals from top tech companies and social media platforms, who provide their first-hand experiences of working in and around the tech industry. [Tristan] The fabric of a healthy society depends on us getting off this corrosive business model. And if you think that sounds. The film interviews former employees of top technology companies such as Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Mozilla, gleaning their opinions on how these companies have strong influences in today's . How do I get an entire transcript. But were we evolved to be aware of what 10,000 people think of us? Ill still pick up the phone, and 20 minutes will disappear. Uh [sighs] Okay. And everyone else shes ever met in her entire life. [Bailey Richardson] The algorithm has a mind of its own, so even though a person writes it, its written in a way that you kind of build the machine, and then the machine changes itself. It allows the readers to identify which part of the audio corresponds to which section. I get what youre saying. Wikipedia would calculate, Whats the thing I can do to get this person to change a little bit on behalf of some commercial interest? Right? Taking a look at the overwhelming proliferation of social media, the documentary. The point was, like, Youre the person whos gonna figure out how this thing monetizes. And there were a lot of people who did a lot of the work, but I was clearly one of the people who was pointing towards Well, we have to make money, A and I think this advertising model is probably the most elegant way. The Social Network Script Takeaway #3 The Social Network deposition scenes . [Ben] Oh, you gotta be kiddin me. Thats a separate discipline. Its Its manipulation. We are a nation of people who have isolated ourselves to only watch channels that tell us that were right. Were Were crazy. Its absolutely absurd. Its that the platforms make it possible to spread manipulative narratives with phenomenal ease, and without very much money. the social dilemma transcript with timestamps. Tens of millions of Americans are hopelessly addicted to their electronic devices. Six months. When children watched Saturday morning cartoons, we cared about protecting children. [announcer] Once the Kitchen Safe is locked, it cannot be opened until the timer reaches zero. [Justin] By having these conversations and and voicing your opinion, in some cases through these very technologies, we can start to change the tide. Always choose. The first 50 years of Silicon Valley, the industry made products hardware, software sold em to customers. [Tristan] These technology products were not designed by child psychologists who are trying to protect and nurture children. [Mark Zuckerberg] Oh, thats that is hard. I might have to start blocking her e-mails. Which, in psychology, we call a positive intermittent reinforcement. [Justin] When you go to Google and type in Climate change is, youre going to see different results depending on where you live. Its not enough that you use the product consciously, I wanna dig down deeper into the brain stem and implant, inside of you, an unconscious habit so that you are being programmed at a deeper level. We outlaw markets in human slaves. [reporter] Overall, Europes traditional, centrist coalition lost its majority while far right and far left populist parties made gains. And so when people get their phone, the first thing they open and the only thing they know how to open is Facebook. [officer 2] Hey! Why do advertisers pay those companies? [Justin] Im very concerned. Or have we all fallen under some kind of spell?. The worlds beautiful. [vlogger] The only reason these teachers are teaching this stuff is cause theyre getting paid to. Social media amplifies exponential gossip and exponential hearsay to the point that we dont know whats true, no matter what issue we care about. [Jeff] Even knowing how these tricks work, Im still susceptible to them. I care that you are being misled, and its not okay. Nothing else that we have has improved at anything near that rate. So, it really is this kind of prison experiment where were just, you know, roping people into the matrix, and were just harvesting all this money and and data from all their activity to profit from. I think the US government started this shit. [reporter 6] ISIS inspired followers online, and now white supremacists are doing the same. [interviewer] So, then, whats the whats the problem? Thats their business. Im just catching up on some news stuff. Your email address will not be published. A social issue or problem is an issue that has been recognized by society as a problem that is preventing society from functioning at an optimal level. Thank you . Still dont see why you let her have that thing. This documentary may seem overdramatic, but it isnt a stretch to say that theres truth in it. video games, credit cards, and cell phones. For example, although we know that Mark is sued, we . Were the thing being sold. [Tristan] So, I come up, and basically say, Thank you all for coming. Um So, today, I wanna talk about a new agenda for technology. Browse Catalog Grades Pre-K - K 1 - 2 3 - 5 6 - 8 9 - 12 Other Subject Arts & Music English Language Arts World Language Math Science [Sandy] Chamath was the head of growth at Facebook early on, and hes very well known in the tech industry for pioneering a lot of the growth tactics that were used to grow Facebook at incredible speed. I thought, God, this is classic irony. Para desainer dari berbagai platform media sosial . [Joe] I dont think these guys set out to be evil. [Tristan] You know, I really struggled to try and figure out how, from the inside, we could change it. And so began the journey to create The Social Dilemma, a deep dive into the algorithms . Interviewees state that social media platforms and big tech companies have been instrumental in providing positive change for society; they also note that such platforms have also caused problematic social, political, and cultural consequences. [interviewer] Wanna start by introducing yourself? 6. [blue AI] Yes, perfect. [Alex] My kids dont use social media at all. [Green AI] Did I overwhelm him with friends and family content? Its the critics who are the true optimists. Next, he rotates the dial to set the timer. Social media is a drug. Its that we built these things, and we have a responsibility to change it. Have Someone to Blame: Attributions of Causality Probably the cleverest element of persuasion was the translation of algorithms into what appears to be entitled, self-satisfied white male Millennials a reflection of the Silicon Valley stereotype. [reporter 5] These cosmetic procedures are becoming so popular with teens, plastic surgeons have coined a new syndrome for it, Snapchat dysmorphia, with young patients wanting surgery so they can look more like they do in filtered selfies. If technology creates mass chaos, outrage, incivility, lack of trust in each other, loneliness, alienation, more polarization, more election hacking, more populism, more distraction and inability to focus on the real issues thats just society. [chuckles] Like, the entire thing. Okay, you gotta leave it here, though, buddy. Probably the cleverest element of persuasion was the translation of algorithms into what appear . He's played by Skyler Gisondo, who's famous for his roles in Santa Clarita Diet and Booksmart. [teacher] He brings a golden nugget to an officer in the army in San Francisco. I wasnt sure how it was gonna land. [reporter 3] This morning, panic and protest in Ukraine as. And the third rule is work out a time budget with your kid. Nobody is sick. [Mary] I looked at his screen report a couple weeks ago. [chuckles] No one does. And all those protections and all those regulations are gone. Not because we want to, but because false information makes the companies more money than the truth. [Jeff Flake] My message here today is that tribalism is ruining us. Its my community. u boot typ 9. renesse party camping; bgelflaschen 250 ml rossmann; apollo brille beschichtung lst sich It is no way for sane adults to act. The Social Dilemma Logos Teaching Resources | TPT Browse the social dilemma logos resources on Teachers Pay Teachers, a marketplace trusted by millions of teachers for original educational resources. [Justin] Ive uninstalled a ton of apps from my phone that I felt were just wasting my time. Research is relatively consistent in finding a correlation. Great road map to guide me toward original source materials. For the last ten years, the biggest companies in Silicon Valley have been in the business of selling their users. We outlaw markets in human organs. Theyre pulling people away from their kids. The. There are all these services on the Internet that we think of as free, but theyre not free. Its the gradual, slight, imperceptible change in your own behavior and perception that is the product. Thanks, Cass. Social media isnt a tool thats just waiting to be used. In The older teen girls, 15 to 19 years old, theyre up 70 percent, compared to the first decade of this century. Ill see the exact same set of updates. But its not like that at all. [Tristan] Notice that many people in the tech industry dont give these devices to their own children. When that happens at scale, youre no longer able to reckon with or even consume information that contradicts with that world view that youve created. And, you know, we talked about having Mark have those dials. You dont even realize it. They know what youre doing late at night. [Tristan] This affects everyone, even if you dont use these products. I think we were naive about the flip side of that coin. I mean, every other kid in her class had one. lkarhuset gvle vaccination [Jon Tester] I I am 62 years old, getting older every minute, the more this conversation goes on. [Aza] People have the misconception its our data being sold. It is unprecedented. I wanna destabilize Cameroon. Bailey. Almost like youre stimulating nerve cells on a spider to see what causes its legs to respond. We were not evolved to have social approval being dosed to us every five minutes. The Russians didnt hack Facebook. [teacher] Now, many of you in the audience are geniuses already. [Tristan] When I was at Google, I was on the Gmail team, and I just started getting burnt out cause wed had so many conversations about you know, what the inbox should look like and what color it should be, and And I, you know, felt personally addicted to e-mail, and I found it fascinating there was no one at Gmail working on making it less addictive.

Companies Willing To Sponsor Sports Teams Australia, Brenda Gantt Age, Brandon Miller Real Estate Developer Net Worth, Articles T