patricia owens yaser abdel saidpatricia owens yaser abdel said

Yaser Abdel Said, a capital murder suspect wanted in connection with the homicide of his two teenage daughters, Amina and Sarah, was taken into custody without Amina was born in 1989, and Sarah was born in 1990. Religion has nothing to do with it. Yet Islam Said has now been arrested in Texas along with his []. Patricia IRVING, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) - The mother of two murdered teenage girls spoke to CBS 11 on Monday, Feb. 8, about her son's conviction for helping the alleged killer hide for 12 years. (FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth), Prosecutors also asked him why he would leave his daughters in his car if he feared he was being followed, as he had claimed. Sign up forOxygen Insiderfor all the best true crime content. Yaser Said is accused of killing his daughters Amina a (Photo by WFAA/YouTube) On Tuesday, the trial of a Texas man, who is accused of killing his two daughters in a suspected case of "honor killings" in 2008 and fleeing for the following 12 years while on the FBI's most wanted list, began. The trial of Yaser Abdel Said is a ways off, but the legal wrangling has already started in Dallas County. Her two daughters, Amina and Sarah, were born shortly afterward. Authorities say Yaser Said, who was on the FBIs 10 Most Wanted list, shot the girls to inside his taxicab in Irving and abandoned their bodies inside the vehicle. I am very happy now, Owens told CBS DFW. Yaser Said, a taxi driver, is accused of murdering his two daughters in his cab on the night of Jan. 1, 2008. Yaser Said, a taxi driver, is accused of murdering his two daughters in his cab on the night of Jan. 1, 2008. After Amina told her Owens had gone back to Said, Moggio testified that she told Amina to go to the police and file a restraining order against her father. He said nothing would happen to him.. All rights reserved. Patrica Owens, Yaser Said's ex-wife, testified before the jury Thursday morning and said why she fled her home with her daughters only to return days before they An FBI statement says agents arrested 63-year-old Yaser Abdel Said on Wednesday in Justin, 36 miles northwest of Dallas. Its been a few weeks since Said was captured and brought into custody for the 2008 murder of both of his daughters in a so-called Honor Killing.Said is currently awaiting trial and has been remanded without bond due to the flight risk he represents. Through pleading and promises, Said somehow convinced Owens to return home. Jurors reportedly squirmed in their seats, according to the Dallas outlet. MARYLAND MAN ACCUSED OF KILLING, DISMEMBERING DAUGHTER, YEARS AFTER ALLEGEDLY MURDERED SON AND FRIEND. Yaser Said, 65, stands accused of killing his daughters, 17-year-old Sarah and 18-year-old Amina, on New Year's Day in 2008, under the belief that the girls had brought shame onto his family. Hours later, the girls lifeless bodies were found, with multiple gunshots wounds, in Saids abandoned cab. CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. A week before the sisters were killed, they and their mother left their home in the Dallas suburb of Lewisville and went to Oklahoma to get away from Said. Spouse Patricia Owens Children Amina Said, Sarah Said, Islam Said Status Added December 4, 2014 Number 504 Currently A Top Ten Fugitive Yaser Abdel Said Yaser Abdel Said, 65, was found guilty of the 2008 capital murders of his daughters, Sarah Said, 17, and Amina Said, 18, according to the Dallas Morning News. (FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth). (FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth) In a Dec. 21, Sarah Said and Amina Said were allegedly shot to death by their father in what prosecutors have described as 'honor killings. Its crazy. Amina reportedly refused to return to her father's home when the group arrived back on New Year's Eve, opting instead to go to Ruiz's house. All rights reserved. Criminals. Oh my God. To prevent the family from leaving, Said shot the tires out on Owens car, according to her sister. He faces an automatic life sentence if convicted because prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty. My daughters were loving, caring, smart, loved everybody, would help anybody. Find out more about how we use your personal data in our privacy policy and cookie policy. The victims' aunt, Connie Moggio, said, "How the heck you can protect a man that shot and killed your sisters and have no regard for the law or the two lives that are lost is disgusting to me?". The couple had their first child, Islam, when Patricia was 16. In the name of an honor I guess being on the run for a dozen years is going to curtail your ability to get a judge to agree to bail.Said has been assigned a public defender. Yaser Abdel Said, de 65 aos, tom el estrado este lunes en una corte en Dallas en donde dijo ser inocente de los cargos de asesinato que enfrenta por la muerte de sus hijas. Sarah Said was born March 6, 1990. Yaser Abdel Said, 63, was arrested without incident in Justin, Texas on charges related to the killing of his two teenage daughters in January 2008. She said that Said left messages that he had changed and that he would leave the house if they didnt want him there. Patricia Owens confirms a photo of herself at age 14, a year before she married her former husband, Yaser Said, when he was 29. Within a week of returning home, the girls were dead. (Irving Police Dept. Yaser Said had been a fugitive from justice since The driver alerted a doorman when finding the victims were hurt really bad., Watson said he went to the orange-colored cab, finding one sister in the passengers seat and the other in the back. The Associated Press contributed to this report. Then she walked out., Ruiz added, She knew she was going to die.. Patricia Owens, delivered a victim impact statement. After filing police reports about Said allegedly abusing their daughters in the late 1990s, Owens fled to her sister's home in another part of Texas but eventually returned to Said. (Irving Police Dept. Said is "I didnt think anything would happen," she testified. Its something else. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Shes asking for help and she names her killer, her father, Yaser Said, Black said about Sarahs 911 call. He would often follow them and record them without their knowledge. Saids brother, Yassein Said, and son, Islam Said, were later arrested in Euless, Texas and convicted of harboring a fugitive, according to CBS News. Yaser Said is accused of killing his daughters Amina a (Photo by WFAA/YouTube) On Tuesday, the trial of a Texas man, who is accused of killing his two daughters in a suspected case of "honor killings" in 2008 and fleeing for the following 12 years while on the FBI's most wanted list, began. Click to reveal Patricia Said, the wife of the murder Yaser Abdel Said, is the source of this information. Patricia Owens was just 15 in 1987 when "I think they should stay in there they helped the killer take two lives so I think they should arrest them and take them to jail," said Owens. by admin 7 lokakuun, 2021. A warrant for Yaser Abdel Said's arrest was issued the day after the 2008 shootings of his daughters, Sarah Yaser Said, 17, and Amina Yaser Said, 18. The FBI also arrested Saids son, 32-year-old Islam Yaser-Abdel Said, and brother, 59-year-old Yassein Abdulfatah Said, on Wednesday in Euless and charged both Authorities believe that the daughters were shot before 7:30 p.m. near the Omni Hotel. When they were little, Amina and Sarah Said told their mother their dad abused them and they fledonly to return time and again to Yaser Saids control. But, Owens ultimately returned to Yaser and took the girls to Hill County to recant the sexual abuse allegations. Thank you for signing up! "Oh my God, not again, Sarah continued in the call. Owens was told to stay home as her husband drove around her daughters to talk. If you do not want us and our partners to use cookies and personal data for these additional purposes, click 'Reject all'. Patricia Owens was just 15 in 1987 when she met 30-year-old Egyptian immigrant Yaser Said at the convenience store where he worked. The mother added that part of her decision to bring the girls back to Dallas was so Amina could finish high school and not jeopardize her college scholarship. His son, Islam, and another relative were also arrested for harboring a fugitive. You can change your choices at any time by clicking on the 'Privacy dashboard' links on our sites and apps. Amina and Sarah would eventually return to the Dallas area on New Years Eve, after Owens said that Said and his brother repeatedly called begging her to return. This was the last time I would ever see her. Performance & security by Cloudflare. 3:20 PM EDT, Wed August 10, 2022. We hope you enjoy the game as much as we do and join us as we unravel the clues in the latest box every month.https://popularcrime.com/recommends/hunt-a-killer/HASHTAGS#SarahSaid #AminaSaid #YaserAbdelSaid It was the happiest moment he is caught and justice can be served for Amina and Sarah.. subscribe to the Crime Stories with Nancy Grace podcast. But, Owens ultimately returned to Yaser and took the girls to Hill County to recant the sexual abuse allegations. Texas, when he met 15 year Owens and her sister say it was stunning to learn that Yasser Said had been hiding out in Bedford and Justin with the help of his brother and son. Email tips [email protected] or on Twitter at @audpants. Doomsday death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates Cult Mom Lori Vallow. In a letter written to the judge overseeing the case, Said said he was not happy with his kids "dating activity" but denied killing his daughters. New details are coming to light in the capital murder trial of Yaser Said, the man accused of killing his teen daughters as part of an honor killing.. Both girls had been shot numerous times, allegedly by their father inside a taxi cab. Legal Statement. Oh my God. It wasnt until December 2007, however, when prosecutors allege Said put a gun to Aminas head and threatened to kill her, that the teenagers and their mother began to hatch their plan to escape shortly before Christmas. By the time the police located the cab, the sisters were dead, and Said had disappeared, along with his handgun and all of his savings, CNN previously reported. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. If convicted, Yaser Said faces mandatory life in prison without the possibility of parole. Sarah Said and Amina Said were allegedly shot to death by their father in what prosecutors have described as "honor killings.". My dad shot me. Texas-born Patricia ("Tissie) Said, (FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth) Owens Amina Said, 18, told a teacher that her father, Yaser Said, had arranged an upcoming marriage against her will. Help, my dad shot me, Sarah said in the breathy 911 call. Here is what Patricia stated in an interview with CNN. The former was nine and the latter eight, when they first told their grandmother about being sexually abused by Yaser. After leaving for Garland, Texas, Owens said that she ultimately had to file another report with local police after Said and his brother repeatedly called her and threatened harm if she didnt obey them and return. To the contrary, our client always maintained innocence of the crime.. CNNs Jennifer Henderson, Ed Lavandera, and Ashley Killough contributed to this report. Hugh Fitzgerald The girls mother, Patricia Owens, who divorced Said after the murders, has not been charged. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Jamie Glazov Contribute to chinapedia/wikipedia.en development by creating an account on GitHub. Yaser Abdel Said ( ) is an Egyptian-American man who lived in Texas, United States.He is Muslim. There is nothing honorable about what Yaser Said did on January 1, 2008. 2. Yaser Abdel Said the husband of Texas-native Patricia Tissie Owens did something horrible that has haunted his wife for years now. "Muslim girls cannot date anyone who is not Muslim. According to police, however, who called the deaths honor killings, the suspect was upset that the girls had been dating non-Muslim boys. Audrey Conklin is a digital reporter for Fox News Digital and FOX Business. He has 3 brothers, Mohsen, Yousri, and Yassein, and 1 sister Ghada. Please enter valid email address to continue. Your IP: by Phyllis Chesler. I think Sarah wanted to fix things and Patricia kind of convinced us all it was going to be safe.. or redistributed. WebGitHub export from English Wikipedia. All rights reserved. Most Popular #252724. Ok, well, as you know, were not allowed to date, and my dad is arranging my marriage.

Ice Cream Museum Philadelphia, Cory Taylor Cars, Crema Bella Aurora En Farmacias Similares, Gardasil Vaccine Banned In What Countries, Articles P