revelation 19 explained verse by verserevelation 19 explained verse by verse

4. Thus such as were in the separate state were reunited to their bodies, and lived and reigned like those who were already on the thrones. It is an added digression for the purpose of describing an object already named passingly in the foregoing series, which closes at Revelation 21:8. That was Jesus looking forward to the great Messianic Banquet. . Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary - Revelation 19:11-21. This would not be fitting for the church nor the Christian. You can trust in this. But there is really no good work that you can offer to God that would be acceptable in His sight, but He will accept you just as you are if you will just cast yourself upon His mercy and just ask for His mercy and grace. His blood-soaked robe signifies that his triumph has come through his death on the cross. So, it is the righteousness of Jesus Christ that is imparted to me through my faith in Jesus Christ. *The description here is simply character, not dates. This was an arrangement by both sets of parents, was legally binding others may live (see article About The word of God, said Jeremiah, is like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces ( Jeremiah 23:29). Both small and great: All distinctions and ranks are to be transcended. Verses 6-10: Omnipotent: God is all-powerful, and reigneth over His Revelation 19 New International Version Threefold Hallelujah Over Babylon's Fall 19 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! But he tells us further that the Spirit of prophecy, who prophesies in this book, is the testimony of Jesus. Further, after this Jesus introduces Himself, as well as sends His angel. "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. But what I particularly call your attention to is the exceeding importance of heeding the retrospect at the bride, or new Jerusalem here, and the consequent removal of the difficulty caused by taking the last vision of this book as part of the prophetic series which begins in Revelation 19:1-21. We have seen her connection with the beast; but there is a conflict coming. judgment. The ensigns of his authority, his coat of arms--a name written on his vesture and thigh, King of kings, and Lord of lords, asserting his authority and power, and the cause of the quarrel, Revelation 19:16; Revelation 19:16. He uses a "staff" to gently nudge or guide his sheep. Salvation is simple. article Rapture). "True and righteous are thy judgments, O Lord." Thank God. 19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. We must therefore look a little into the two objects Babylon and the beast. And this is entirely confirmed byRevelation 17:1-18; Revelation 17:1-18, where it was told us that they are with Him when He comes. The marriage of the Lamb and the marriage supper of the Lamb "in heaven" - CBSC, a sharp sword . He that overcometh shall inherit these things; and I will be to him God, and he shall be son to me. To whom else could they say it? Of course they will be preserved through that crisis in some sort of way suitable to divine wisdom. This passage calls God by a certain name; and says that he has entered into his kingdom. There will be no time for seeking mercy, as it were: whatever the state in which the Lord at His coming will find us, all is closed up and fixed. Such is the hard bondage which mere historical tradition imposes on its votaries. bring the climax of the Book of Revelation: the return of Christ to establish not. The Word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. Commentary on Revelation 19:11-21. In his cross and resurrection, Christ won a great victory over the powers of evil; by his second coming, he will execute that victory. 3:12-15; 2 Cor. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready ( Revelation 19:7 ). It gives a retrogressive account of Babylon's character, and shows how it morally compelled the divine judgment. "He has a name inscribed which no one knows but Himself." This third description of judgment is an allusion to Isaiah 63:2-3; Jeremiah 51:33; Lamentations 1:15; Joel 3:13 (cf. 4:17). It will be a state of nature unexampled for the fruits of the earth and the enjoyment of all that God has made here below. The voice includes himself among those who claim God as our God. There was never a time when the Christian was called upon to undergo such suffering and to accept so continually the prospect of a cruel death. (i) There is love. Return the Bride of Christ, is the guest of honor at the marriage of the Lamb in heaven great affection and vehemence of spirit, which will be raised hereby. Such is God's account of Babylon the great. This testimony here is not Jesus giving it, but we believers who testify of the Not because any of their names were written therein, but in proof that they were not. When "Theme - Purpose": The theme of Revelation is the revelation of the person and the prophetic "[48] No "battle" of any kind takes place here. Verse 6 commends these sayings afresh. "Faithful" is what belongs to a man. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword - See the notes on Revelation 1:16. But now there is but one throne: Christ judges the dead. A fourth century A.D. The redeemed in heaven are called God's "Bond Servants", and this is the group That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and those that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. (v) It may be that we shall never know the symbolism of the unknown name but H. B. Swete has the very fine idea that in the essence of the being of Christ there must always remain something beyond man's understanding. So, Jesus was at odds with the religious leaders of His day and they are the ones that prompted His crucifixion. There will be here upon the earth millions of people who have gathered together to war against Him at His coming. Those that do rise at the same time rise, no doubt, in a moment; but that there are to be various acts of resurrection is not only not contrary to scripture, but required by its own descriptions. The marriage of the Lamb: The wife or bride of Christ is the Verse 12 . Here we find the term "Alleluia" used really for the first in the New Testament and it is used four times here. But is there any reason why we should content ourselves with the measure enjoyed of old? But "out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron." At the end of the millennium the righteous and the wicked form two distinct arrays, though even then there would appear to be a line drawn between the surrounding camp, and the beloved city Jerusalem on earth, where the Jews were. The eternal smoke Just hope the Lord doesn't come Friday night. It is impossible to refer it to the past with any show even of reasonable probability, I will not say of reality or truth. Yet to this heavenly city, after Christ comes, the kings of the earth bring their offerings and their homage; but there is no excitement of the nations, no filthiness of fornication, no abominations, no blood-guiltiness. We know the Holy Spirit rather as a spirit of communion with Christ. There is no uncertainty whatever in the case. ", And the twenty-four elders, and the four living creatures fell down and worshipped the God who is seated upon the throne. Too bad, your unrighteousness Friday night. stench and the potential for disease. What does Revelation 19:3 mean? If my righteousness were dependent upon my keeping the Law, or keeping rules or regulations-Let's say that we said that every day you should be reading five chapters out of the Bible. One of the great dangers of being in any kind of ministry where God is using you, one of the great dangers of exercising any spiritual gift, is that people so often look at the instrument that God uses. Antichrist and his henchmen are cast into the lake of fire; and all their supporters are slain, to await in Sheol the final judgment. The strange thing to me, is that Jesus Whether it were the Old Testament saints and the church, or the Apocalyptic saints, if I may so distinguish them, it was in an instant that each were raised, but there was some space between them. Directly he had sinned, the word of God came, and he was called. Man converted will then not merely reach the natural term if I may so say of a thousand years, but pass that bound. Men have been beguiled here and there, and from an early date, to set aside the true bearing of this chapter. Bringing in history here embroiled the subject; and those who appeal most to its evidence are the very men who seem in this to ignore its facts. Further, a negative point of great importance is presented by the seer, "And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God the Almighty is the temple of it, and the Lamb. Hence arose the prominence of angels. "Hallelujah!" From Revelation 4 through 19 we have a section mainly concerned with God's judgment upon the world preceding Jesus' earthly reign, the period known as the "Messianic Woes" or the "Great Tribulation." a. God's judgments are announced by a seven-sealed scroll, seven trumpets, seven signs, and seven bowls that pour out God's wrath. If so, we can define the true prophet as the man who has received from Christ the message he brings to men, and whose words and works are at one and the same time an act of witness to Christ. THE KING rides at the head of His armies. God wants a loving relationship, not religion. What is this name? But still we have not the end of Babylon yet. "The second coming of Christ is an absolutely essential theme in New Testament theology. For that which comes distinctly before us in this one verse is the twofold fact, that the ten horns here contemplated receive their kingly power for the same hour or time as the beast, and not subsequently, when his rule was extinguished. It has been suggested that the name is either embroidered on his girdle or engraved on his sword hilt. The heavenly praise continues, this time for a call for gladness, rejoicing and harlot. This brings in idolatry, real shameless idolatry too, not merely that subtle working of the idolatrous spirit that every Christian has to guard against. The wrath of God is fierce! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, 2 for true and just are his judgments. Thus eternal judgment was executed at once. It is reigning. He will not fail to take up the gage He has given our hearts. Next they will seize her resources. others may live (see article . Once again John finds his inspiration in the words of Scripture. (1) These are representative of And God said, "Let the water bring forth and let the earth bring forth." The marriage of the Lamb: The wife or bride of Christ is the church (Matt. It is necessary that we should all bear in mind, if we have not observed it before, thatRevelation 17:1-18; Revelation 17:1-18 does not pursue the chronological course of the prophecy. It is a Hebrew word that has become universal, "Allel", "u", "yah", which means, "praise to Jehovah" or Yahweh. He gets his power and they get theirs for one and the same time. righteousness of the church, which has now been judged and purified at the

Texas Southern University Sororities And Fraternities, Playboy Club Locations Still In Business, Madewell Cancelled My Order, Articles R