orion jimmy ellis the official websiteorion jimmy ellis the official website

How many other Elvis tribute artists have book, film and radio documentary adaptations of their story? $11.99. So, I have kept the site going since 1998. Super rare memorabilia from the start up of the singing career of Jimmy Ellis! Lee's appeal against the sentence was refused by the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals on October 9, 2009,[7] and a writ of certiorari was denied by the Supreme Court of the United States in April 2018. Also like Elvis (surviving twin), he experienced an early life major event when, at the age of 4, he was adopted by Robert and Faye Ellis. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: fanoscoatings.com, +62218463662, +62218463274, +622189841479, +62231320713, +623185584958 Home - FANOS ASIA The world lost a great singer. All three men were apprehended. Ellis appeared on the album cover wearing a mask over his eyes. How many Elvis tribute artists have a fan club with more than 15,000 members? Among the titles are 'Such A Night', 'Honey', 'Patches', 'Ebony Eyes', 'Rocky', and 'Release Me'; the complete overdubs with Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Charlie Rich, and Carl Perkins, plus many previously unissued titles. But later after collegeJimmy and I reconnected and had experiences in the 70s where he did various club shows etc., in Macon and other towns. In later years after the breakup with Sun, Jimmy and I got back together for visits in Memphis. 5 1969-70' Book Review: 'From Hawaii to Las Vegas' FTD CD Review: 'Young Man with the Big Beat' In-Depth Review: 'Fashion For A King' FTD in-depth Review: The Music of Elvis Presley - Australian Radio Show, Elvis Presley In Concert "downunder" 2006, Graceland - The National Historic Landmark. He began by overdubbing him onto recordings by Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Charlie Rich, and then recording solo albums which many fans thought were better than many of Elvis's later LPs. Orion page at Sun Records; Jimmy at Elvis Wiki Ellis appeared with many . So, thats how Jimmy Ellis and I met and became lifelong friends. 6 1971-1973' Book Review: 'Elvis - The Man & His Music'#100 review: 'Elvis - Aloha Via Satellite: A 40th Anniv Release' Book Review: 'The Elvis Files Vol. Read about his childhood, reaching for the music scene, chasing his dream and finally his tragic end. Police later found Lee holed up in a motel about 30 miles outside Atlanta. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------, A selection of the many colorful Orion masks, each with its own name. I love music too and do some song leading at church. Above images sourced from the official "Orion-Jimmy Ellis" website Genesis.. Jimmy Hughes Bell was born on 26 February 1945 to a single mother (named) Gladys. We have a limited supply of this1979 hardcover version of the book "Orion" by Gail Brewer-Giorgio. For almost 5 years the Orion phenomenon captivated its natural audience, not only in the US where fans had easy access to Orion, but also overseas - somewhat surprisingly given it was a snail mail, pre-tabloid, pre-Internet era. In a town steeped in strange success stories, hidden agendas, and dashed dreams, Orion's tale is one of the most curious ever to originate in Music City USA--which is saying something. Bobby D.: Yes, that is just my natural voice. Three thugs intent on thievery pulled up outside the pawn shop on Dec. 12, 1998, and one of them Jeffrey Lee walked inside, pulled a sawed-off shotgun hidden in his heavy . The story of Jimmy "Orion" Ellis is either one of the greatest cons to be forged in the history of American music or it's one of its greatest unsolved mysteries. We join the Ellis family and friends and fans all . He was professionally known as Orion, and his double-edged claim to fame was that his natural speaking and singing voice sounded almost exactly like that of Elvis Presley. Dradco will release a 6 CD set in 2018 to commemorate the 20th anniversary since Jimmys passing. He wanted better recording material (new songs) and production sound in other studios but Sun (Shelby Singleton) would not agree. One of them, a tall guy with a buzzed haircut, was sitting on a single bed by an old record player and a reel-to-reel tape recorder. Scheduled for release next year is Jeanne Finlay's intriguing film, Orion: The Man Who Would Be King, and also due for release in 2015 is a radio documentary about southern USA music which includes a segment about the Jimmy "Orion" Ellis story. Scans of any Jimmy Ellis/Orion release or alternate versions not included on this website would be greatly appreciated. Love For A Lovely Girl.What A Great Song.BY Lester Brown/ Bob Gibson/ Johdn D Loudermilk. He was the one who produced Jimmy Ellis first 45 rpm record Love Is But A Love and Dont Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch recorded at a radio station in Kibbee, GA. NASA.gov brings you the latest images, videos and news from America's space agency. Who was he? He is a phenomenon in his own right albeit because of his Elvis connection - a connection which figuratively haunted him throughout his tragically, shortened career. Jimmy Ellis In The Shadow Of a King Book NOW AVAILABLE! For the next 10 years Jimmy would balance music and his business interests. EIN: What is Bobby D. doing, musically, these days? On Orion's 1979 debut album, Reborn (Sun 1912). He said: man you may make it before I do. Genesis.Jimmy Hughes Bell was born on 26 February 1945 to a single mother (named) Gladys. Bobby D.: Basically he was very happy to get all the publicity from all the albums and live shows Sun Records provided, but he did not like wearing the mask. Thunderclap is a tool that lets a message be heard when you and your friends say it together. At that point Shelby was done with their arrangement and so was Jimmy. : Aloha From Hawaii - The Concert 2013- EIN Exclusive, Elvis at Madison Square Garden 40 Years Ago. He could laugh about most anythinghe was alot of fun at home and especially on stage!! Bobby Smith, owner of Boblo Records once told his engineer, Chet Bennett: take him in the studio and record different songs. had a stage presence which entranced his fans, did not want want to be an Elvis imitator, for most of his career did not make a living singing and performing Elvis songs, had fans who travelled (often as a family) up to 500 miles to see him perform, is the only Elvis stylist to have had an album replaced due to controversy, is the only Elvis stylist to have a best-selling book published about his persona. Orion recorded a single, Ebony Eyes, for Sun in 1979, which became part of his debut album, Reborn. Take a look at the following table for more information. 'There are many that believe that Elvis is still alive - if he is alive he wears a mask and goes by the name Orion' (Nashville News 1979) ORION's the story of Jimmy Ellis, an unknown singer plucked from obscurity, and thrust into the spotlight as part . The Elvis Information Network has been running since 1986 and is an EPE officially recognised Elvis fan club. Jimmy Ellis was one of the super talented yes like Elvis, Tom Jones, Engelbert my all-time favorite solo artists. Oh well, it is publicity!! For unofficial publicity purposes Orion continued to strike a favorite pose for the cover of: (one of nearly 150 'unofficial' Jimmy Ellis/Orion/Ellis James albums - with a striking but obvious graphically altered 'rip-off' cover design/image of the "reborn" Sun Records "Reborn" LP - as with its origination - Orion's facial expression on the cover nicely reflects the album title), The Comeback.While Jimmy probably never wanted to resurrect the Orion character, there was an inevitable comeback. Which brings us to the incredible story of Orion. (Orion) Jimmy Ellis He Has A Great Voice And We Loved All Of His Music. Elvis Presley, Elvis and Graceland are trademarks of Elvis Presley Enterprises. : Since Elvis' explosion onto the world stage in the mid 1950s there have been countless Elvis tribute artists, imitators, impersonators, stylists and sound-a-likes offering and emulating a watershed musical icon. You can see the trailer for the movie and back the project here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/orion-the-man-who-would-be-king. The music industry is filled with many strange tales of artists whose lives took unexpected turns on the winding road to success, but the saga of singer Jimmy Ellis is perhaps one of the weirdest of them all. Jimmy Ellis (with mask) as Orion (note his hair color), Orion (sans mask) as Jimmy Ellis (note his natural hair color), Above images sourced from the official "Orion-Jimmy Ellis" website. Ellis, Jimmy "Orion" Type: Person Gender: Male Born: 1945-02-26 Born in: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States Died: 1998-12-12 (aged 53)Died in: Selma, Alabama, United States Area: United States ISNI code: 0000 0004 3983 0212 Rating ORION (JIMMY ELLIS) A STRANGER IN MY PLACE 6 RADIO STATION SPOTS SUN 1152 MINT-. It was part of a comedy sketch with artists not to play. The terrain is 2.5 and difficulty is 2 (out of 5). THIS SITE IS DEDICATED TO JIMMY ELLIS "ORION" THE MUSIC & LEGEND OF THE MAN WHO HAD THE VOICE OF A KING. [3], In 1978, writer Gail Brewer-Giorgio published a novel, Orion, about a leading popular singer based on Presley who faked his death. MYSTERY MASKED MAN WITH THE VOICE OF A LEGEND. Are they still available in 2014? Bobby D: Jimmy Ellis was actually the same off stage as he was on stage. Support Good Music. The association ended in 1982, and this boxed set includes the very best of the recordings that Jimmy Ellis made for Sun. We are told that the documentary is moving along but, as with many projects, monetary donations would be appreciated to help get to completion. Ellis's Orion character claimed to have been managed by one Colonel Mac Weiman, and have been born in Ribbonsville, Tennessee on December 31, 1931. EIN: You operate the official Jimmy Ellis/Orion website. How many Elvis tribute artists have had 10 Top 100 hits on the Country Music Chart? You may also like> Jimmy Barnes Net Worth, Age, Height, Weight, Husband, Wiki, Family His birth certificate states the mother was a secretary named Gladys Bell, and the father was Vernon (no surname). Watch a fascinating interview in 1979 with both Orion and Gail Brewer-Giorgio promoting his career and Ms Brewer-Giorgio's "Orion" novel, (BTW, the back story to the "Orion" novel, full of dirty dealings, "he says-she says" and legal machinations, is deserving of an article all to itself!). In its way, the story underscores some of the dark, disturbing aspects of image-making, music marketing, and how the music industry builds stars but destroys individuals. American vocalist (February 26, 1945 in Orrville, Alabama - December 12, 1998 in Alabama), also known as Jimmy "Orion" Ellis, and known for his close vocal similarity to Elvis. Watch the stunning trailer for Orion The Man Who Would Be King. A couple of songs can be heard at the URLs below. Orion Jimmy Ellis - The Official Web Site Welcome!! [12] It was released theatrically in the US by Sundance Selects on December 4, 2015. The . Just before noon, he decided to go by his pawn shop to check on things. Orion". Then, shortly after Elvis's death, legendary producer Shelby Singleton reconnected with Ellis, signing him to Sun, and creating the myth of Orion, the hero of a book, in which a famous star fakes his own death, and takes himself and his music back the roots. Im on the upper deck of our cabin in the picture here (see photo above). Orion Jimmy Ellis - The Official Web Site Michael Stevens ORION Almost ELVIS Official American Singers Orion Elvis The Man Official Jimmy Ellis "Orien" Graham Carpenter Elvis Aaron Presley Waiting In The Wings Apocalypse Ellis Jimmy Interview His first two singles were covers of two of the King's former hits, "That's All Right" and "Blue Moon of Kentucky.". What you see is what you get. Look for a micro hidden container. Scan of the cassette release BY REQUEST, ELLIS SINGS ELVIS. Ellis entered Middle Georgia College on an athletic scholarship, then transferred to Livingston State University. Welcome also would be details of his concert performances in the U.S.A. and Europe. Again, the speculation was that Elvis had sung on the songs, particularly "Save the Last Dance for Me". You can make comments on the tab provided, or on Facebook at "Orion Jimmy Ellis Fan Club" or "Orion Jimmy Ellis Group". He loved to have a good time, loved to sing and entertain. I do miss playing live. This is a fan site. INTERNET DOWNLOADS. Jimmy Hodges "Orion" Ellis Sr. Orion was well-known in the sixties and seventies for having a singing voice. The sale is temporary to offer fans who missed these CDs the first time around a real deal. It was (at least initially) a win-win-win situation as all three parties benefitted: Jimmy became an international star, Gail Brewer-Giorgio sold hundreds of thousands of copies of her "Orion" novel and Shelby Singleton sold truckloads of "Orion" records.. You know , it was like, here I am creating this and doing the work. We only index and link to content provided on other servers. James Burton Interview - Rick Nelson & Elvis: Elvis Drummer Jerome "Stump" Monroe EIN Interview: Elvis in 1969 - Ann Moses & Ray ConnollyInterviews: Ernst Jorgensen interview about 'On Stage' and Elvis' Legacy in 2010: 'The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song' Spotlight. EIN: Given you have a great singing voice why didnt you pursue a recording/performing career? * Released After Jimmy Ellis's death in 1999. After attended Middle Georgia College and Georgia Southern College before joining the USAF. The film tells the story of Jimmy Ellis, an unknown singer plucked from obscurity and thrust into the spotlight as part of a crazy scheme that had him masquerade as Elvis back from the grave. In 1979 Jimmy Ellis finally merged with an identity, but it still wasn't himself. Ellis continued recording and performing through 1983 as Orion, and scored only one more minor hit before trying to break his Sun contract to become a recognized performer in his own right. The tape recorder was playing the song Echoes of Love from Elvis Kissin Cousins album. EIN: Jimmys first Orion album, Reborn. Bobby D.: Jimmy never commented about the LP coffin cover to me, but he was not hot on the mask gimmick from the start. Find out more about the Orion - Jimmy Ellis story: ***Orion - Jimmy Ellis: The Official Web Site***: (includes news, photo gallery, Books, CDs and DVDs 'For Sale' and 'Free' MP3 downloads), (includes brief Orion biography, worldwide Jimmy Ellis/Orion discography info, bootleg info and gallery of the many different Orion masks), ***Orion Merchandise (available online) from Cafe Press***. Bobby D.: A few months before Jimmy passed away, I had suggested we put a web site together to sell his CDs. [1] He attended Orrville High School, where he excelled in baseball, football and basketball. Bobby had recorded Otis Redding and Wayne Cochran plus many local bands. We were married when I returned to the states. If you can provide any additional info, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, to the list of details in the concert section of this site please get in touch. When Jimmy would come for a visit to my house in the early days, it was like Elvis was comingthere was electricity in the air. Leave a comment or question. [4] Aged two, he moved with his mother to Birmingham, Alabama, where he was put up for adoption and, aged four, was adopted by R. F. and Mary Faye (nee Hodges) Ellis. was courted for a baseball career and a tryout with the Milwaukie Braves but turned it down. His voice was similar to Elvis Presley's, a fact which he and his record company played upon, making some believe that some of his recordings were by Presley, or even that Presley had not died in 1977. As Jim Ellis, he released an album in 1987 and continued to tour North America; interestingly, he resumed wearing his mask. Perhaps critically, Jimmy had made a decision that a sporting future wasn't to shape the his story, and in so doing his future would be frustratingly shaped by his vocal chords as Jimmy's singing voice sounded remarkably like Elvis'. They wrote both of the songs. This blog is for preview purposes only and all music downloaded should be deleted within 24 hours. The album disc was on the record player. Boomer on Shelby. Orion to recieve Lifetime Achievement Award in Las Vegas! Very sadly, it is possible, even probable, Jimmy Ellis never fully realised the enormity and significance of his impact as a recording and performing artist! The girls went wild. 'The Wedding' Elvis & Priscilla EIN special Spotlight: 'Elvis In Ottawa' Spotlight & Elvis Interview: 'Elvis: Live at the International' Book Review: Elvis By Special Request '71 At 40 (Book Review): "Kissed By Elvis" Janet Fulton Interview: "ReBooked At The International'- in-depth Review: 'The Elvis Files Vol. Well, once all the other guys left, Jimmy and I sang until late in the night with me strumming a small red guitar he had borrowed and Jimmy and I singing Elvis and Beatles songs. I'm Leavin'.Despite an initially (somewhat) artistically and (somewhat) financially beneficial arrangement for Jimmy Ellis, eventually the combination of an increasingly unfulfilling and unwanted masked career as an Elvis sound-a-like confronted his primal burning desire to be recognised and appreciated as "himself". Sundance Selects plans Dec 4 release theatrically and on demand. While in Germany, met my future wife, the daughter of a Major, fighter pilot stationed at the same base. Went to Lanier Sr., a great all boys public, military high school. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRx7ice15YY, Backed by the Jordanaires and opening act Sherry Carlisle, Orion sang to a packed house on August 12, 1997 at Nashville's Nightlife Theater. Please visit my own Jimmy Ellis page for information and links. That eventually led to Sun Records in Nashville. Bobby knew a lot of people in the business and was a producer for King Records at one time. Listeners of Orion were initially split into two camps: those who knew that Orion was Jimmy Ellis just having some fun sounding like Elvis , and others who sincerely believed or wanted to believe that he was truly Elvis coming back on the scene after faking his own death. Similarly, there was an incontrovertible and diametrically opposed outcome for each side. He would give you things and himself freely. You can make comments on the tab provided, or on the Orion Facebook Fan Club. The book that started it all (in classic conspiracy fashion, its 'first edition' featured two 'author' names!!). Low prices on Jimmy Ellis discography of music albums at CD Universe, with top rated service, Jimmy Ellis songs, discography, biography, cover art pictures, sound samples, albums, etc. Many thanks again and all the best for the future. Bobby D.: As mentioned before, it was Elaine Thompson, Jimmys ex-wife and another lady who normally worked at the store. What exactly happened? HEARTBREAK HOTEL By the time he was a teenager, it was clear that Jimmy Ellis had two talents: singing, and inadvertently sounding almost exactly like Elvis Presley. EIN: Bobby, many thanks for taking time to talk to us today. Thanks for your help! Jimmy Ellis (born February 26, 1945 - died December 12,1998) was born in Orrville, Alabama on February 26th of 1945. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. Lets hope this music finds a way out at some other point. I still record once in a while at home, as the mood strikes. If you want to support the artist or artists that recorded and released this music, please go and purchase their music. Bobby D. on YouTube (who does Bobby sound like? EIN: Listening to My Special Angel and Hes Got You it is apparent that you also have a singing voice very similar Elvis. Is that your natural singing voice? The Elvis Information Network has been running since 1986 and is an EPE officially recognised Elvis fan club. Happy Birthday EIN EIN turns 100 a retrospective! Bobby D.: I suppose I just want to continue to help get Jimmys name and talent out there for people to enjoy what was missed. "He just opened fire in seconds and hit Mr. Ellis in the side.". Bobby D.: Actually, I know there are bootleg ones out there, but Im not familiar with all of them. The gunman, who police believe is Plantersville resident Jeffery James Lee, then fired twice more in an attempt to blast Ellis a second time as he struggled to find a haven behind a computer desk, Huffman said. EIN: Does it surprise you that Jimmy still has so many fans nearly 20 years after his tragic death? I could not believe what I was hearing. Born in 1945 in Orville, Alabama. So I said: come on, thats Elvis I have the album. To see the film clip and make a donation, please click on the link below. It is the story of Jimmy Ellis, a singer from Alabama who was cursed with having a voice identical to that of . He started the album on the record player to play Echoes of Love. In 1962, Ellis entered the Orrville (Alabama) High School talent show. Youmans put the record on the Dradco Recording Company label. The label credited the recordings simply to "? Our biography book on Jimmy Ellis is now available here on this website! Then it happened. Jimmy Ellis, the soulful lead singer of the Trammps, whose 1970s hit "Disco Inferno" was immortalized in the film "Saturday Night Fever," died on Thursday in Rock Hill, S.C.He was 74. EIN: What did Jimmy say to you about his career as Orion? We have just received an intro and preview clip from the up coming documentary "Orion The Movie". How many Elvis tribute artists have had any unofficial album releases let alone 150 bootleg albums released? Ellis made a public confession in 1983 admitting he was Orion. Today. He was NOT an impersonator, as he tried desperately to explain. Some listeners believed that Orion was, in fact, Presley, who had supposedly faked his death. EIN: Bobby, you currently have a special offer on the site. Did Jimmy ever comment to you about the cover? Kenneth Dokkeberg. Along the way, and particularly towards the end, Jimmy was not happy with the whole thing. Chet came back and said: Bobby, he sounds the same on all of them. For one side, they would quite naturally (and self-directed), psychologically rationalise and morph their needs to maintain internal equilibrium and ongoing personal and social engagement.for the other side his outcome would be economically directed and physically terminal, as his 'what if' life diverted to a course which outwardly may have offered some degree of financial and personal satisfaction, but one which (pragmatically) was also underpinned by a volatile socio-economic environment which could potentially (and did) result in a seriously intense incident or incidents: Jimmy Ellis' new (primary) career as a bail bondsman and pawn shop proprietor would very sadly, very unfairly, result in his violent, premature death on 12 December 1998. JIMMY ELLIS, LTD., LIMITED PARTNERSHIP 1975 CONTRACT RARE! Very soon after Jimmy entered the store, a young black guy came in carrying a sawed off shotgun and demanded money. You tell your friends who tell their friends who tell their friends WHAT IS THUNDERCLAP? To The Official Orion - Jimmy Ellis Web Site All LP Albums Now on Sale These Classic LP Albums from Sun Records are new and sealed and will never be made again. And, you wonder if helistened to "Ebony Eyes" and the rest of the LP. Leave a comment or question. It will be presented at this years Las Vegas Elvis Fest at the LVH formerly the Las Vegas Hilton on July 11th. Who was he? Help us spreadthe word about our cinema releaseby signing up for an ORIONtweetor aFacebookpost here onThunderclap. She is an accomplished documentary film maker with 6+ well known films. Youmans formed a small group and had Jimmy sing at a few local schools. EIN: There are conflicting reports of who else was with Jimmy at the time, some reports say his fianc, others say his ex-wife. 5 1969-70' Book Review: 'From Hawaii to Las Vegas' FTD CD Review: 'Young Man with the Big Beat' In-Depth Review: 'Fashion For A King' FTD in-depth Review: The Music of Elvis Presley - Australian Radio Show, Elvis Presley In Concert "downunder" 2006, Graceland - The National Historic Landmark. The controversial 'Reborn' album with its "coffin" cover. ", and it was rumored that they were alternate takes from Presley sessions (despite featuring an electric rather than string bass).

Train Adelaide To Seaford Timetable, South Facing Houses Of Celebrities, Virgo Man And Scorpio Woman Friendship, Articles O