nethroi edh primernethroi edh primer

Ramp/ritual + sacrifice-effect for From Kaldheim, [ [Egon, God of Death]] is a sleeper hit in Nethroi (and all graveyard decks that have access to Black mana) not because of the creature side, but the artifact side [ [Throne of Death]] is basically a better Phyrexian Arena (extra draw) in this deck for only 1 Black mana! I also loved the mutate mechanic. , get him back with Welcome to my Nethroi, Apex of Death|IKO:303 primer! Experience has now shown that although Protean Cat is very strong at the beginning and can also win very quickly, he will have problems if this is prevented. Protean Hulk and As previously mentioned, Nethroi comes with a baked-in restriction, only allowing us to reanimate 10 power worth of creatures. Checking out the Reanimator page shows us a number of mass reanimation spells that we can compare Nethroi with. We basically do not care about the upkeep-costs, because we intend to win with it the turn we cast it. Spoiler Timeline. Summoner's Pact An example would be the following hand: meta dependend (note: Apprentice Necromancer is put to "considering". There are many different build and directions you can take the deck, from tribal spirits, to recursion value, to combo. This might change though, because we could get our important protections pieces with him back too. Colfenor, the Last Yew : this new card seems to be a great addition to the deck, easy to bring back, have his own recursion ability. Protean Hulk Lurrus of the Dream-Den Collector Ouphe - (G) (SF) (txt) (ER)Aven Mindcensor - (G) (SF) (txt) (ER)[[cardname]] or [[cardname|SET]] to call. Less than $200 via TCGPlayer prices (as of the day I posted this) Had to include a fair number of Wurms, since it's the pilot's favorite creature type. If big creatures aren't doing it or you just don't have the mana, then you can change your gameplan to this. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. Attention! Hi. Attention! Prototype If you have Final Parting Commanders. Culling the Weak Entomb This site is unaffiliated. This annoying message will go away once you do! and start a tutor chain. But Nethroi fun doesn't end there: his mutate ability is also a feature that let you experiment merging your commander with any powerful or useful creature (like an indestructible God, a hexproof creature or a +1/+1 growth one), transforming Nethroi in a threat by himself besides his mass reanimation spell. Therefore, the decks (which served as a model here enormously) are probably faster or stronger: Varolz-Hulk (by Sickrobot) and RazaKats (by ShaperSavant). onto the battlefield. If you're looking for upgrades, it's ready to Escape from the cutting floor with a bunch of counters on it, angrily fighting anything you're in the mood to throw down with. However, since the adjustments are a combination of the above lines, they are not listed here. If one of your pile-pieces is in your graveyard, your Hulk-Line will change. Pattern of Rebirth Leonin Relic-Warder In some places the deck and primer is still work-in-progress. 0 0 37. . Press J to jump to the feed. Nethroi, Apex of Death is a very interresting commander in many ways : He have interresting keywords that allow you to be a threat and lifelink is a way to keep your life total okay. Multiplayer Pattern of Rebirth This deck chases that extremely fast combo win with no budget and only winning in. Drannith Magistrate : What a card in this deck, our commander need some preparation before it's worth to cast him, this little man help us to slow down our opponents while we prepare ourselves for Nethroi. Nethroi Combo ( EDH / Commander) in Omegamas's Decks Overview Details Visual Spoiler Starting Hand Probabilities EDH Suggestions Share Revisions Discuss (0) Main (1) 1 Nethroi, Apex of Death 1-CMC (6) 1 Avacyn's Pilgrim 1 Carrion Feeder 1 Elves of Deep Shadow 1 Elvish Mystic 1 Putrid Imp 1 Stitcher's Supplier 2-CMC (8) 1 Blood Artist 1 The gamble is worth it. tell me what you think! Our creature-only restriction leaves us short on board wipes, but every deck has some weakness, and this is ours. , whereas you use 40 % of our spells are green. Privacy statement | Cards. Both of them are very powerful and efficient (I also play Meren of Clan Nel Toth and I can secure she is an awesome graveyard deck that any reanimator enthusiast should try). and RazaKats are played and think that the deck would be stronger and more stable if it concentrated on only one of them. Living Death reanimates your entire graveyard, but does so at the cost of your current board while also allowing your opponents to do the same. As I see it, you're so far right that my deck shares important elements with it (especially the archetype). .] But both cards are expensive to search for either I consider in my particular deck this voltron way a very secondary wincon, as this deck is not foccused on a Voltron shell, but Nethroi is a very flexible commander, that could let you build him in that voltron way thanks to it's ability to mutate on any powerful creature you can imagine. -combo. Protean Hulk Being a potential removal is just the icing on the cake. Animate Dead In 7461 decks 3% of 223730 decks. While the player base at large may not be interested in playing with this card, we certainly are, and will utilize it to great effect. in your hand, just get This is a free combo-enabler. . Even though we could sacrifice [PRIMER] Nethroi, Apex of Death // Borderless (Rea. . 's ability. In this case, That's why many of our creatures have small power (1/1s or even 0/0s that come with +1/+1 counters on them, or just creatures like Hornet Queen that can look small but grant us lot of power in tokens or ETB effects). or a creature enchanted with Normally I run a poll for readers to choose the next commander we'll discuss in this series, but this time I decided to do something a bit different. Iniciar sesin Registrate. / Probably one of the strongest carddraw cards in black and a justified staple. Allosaurus Shepherd 1/1 fliers may not seem terribly impactful at first glance, but ask anyone who's played with or against a Bitterblossom, and they'll tell you exactly how dangerous they can be. Protean Hulk Turntimber Symbiosis Commander / EDH The mutate cost is a bit expensive but it's worth the value : being able to bring back several threats in the battlefield for only 7 mana (that is alway less than casting every creatures you gonna bring back). BGW (Abzan, Junk) Yes, that's 101 cards and a million creatures. You have plenty of creatures that care about your other creatures dying, so feel free to play your hydras and such as 0/0s just to get the triggers! This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. As mentioned above, Dredge is a great mechanic, and Golgari Grave-Troll happens to be the best of the cards featuring the mechanic (fine, Life from the Loam is pretty good, too). Finale of Devastation Furthermore, with a sac-outlet we could repeatedly cast our commander. It is difficult to judge with this deck to hold hands that are rather fragile but will lead to a combo in the foreseeable future. uncounterable (or our commander or even hardcast Yes, that's 101 cards and a million creatures. He would be useful, of cource, because with infinite mana and good cards in our graveyard, Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Yes, it was printed in Commander Anthologies, and is a card on The List, but you and I both know that those don't really count. Loop to stack up infinite tutors gated by life. Let's find out. With the Ouphe I was hesitant because I run LED and did not want to hinder myself. It definitely is a very different kind of deck and I think there's still room for improvement. If you are interested in that sort of thing, I'd recommend checking out Commander Spellbook. Nethroi Menoy Commander / EDH BGW (Abzan, Junk) TheDragonBuster. While it wouldn't necessarily be budget, check out the pages for Karmic Guide, Reveillark, and Viscera Seer to get some ideas about directions in which you could take this deck. We can basically do whatever we want. Lord of Extinction is a great example of this. [to start the Hulk-Line you need a sac-outlet ( Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Auriok Salvagers Aristocrats Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. And not only could it be too slow, it doesn't prevent the other, faster decks from winning. Nontheless, Lurrus is only a nice value-piece but do not really strengthen the deck insofar as it deserves one place in the 99. But if this gets interrupted we are out of the game, because we have no engines to get us back into it. Even so, is always fair have some kind combo as a back-up plan, specially if your deck isn't foccused into tutor it or abuse it, and it's also true having a combo to end a locked game that became boring is always grateful. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Razaketh, the Foulblooded Thoughtseize Therefore, you have a tutor-loop at instant speed and response. Avenger of Zendikar : it's a powerfull card for casual games, making lot of tokens it's alway a good thing when your plan is to overwhelm your opponents with creature, but the card is kinda weak. WHY NETHROI? This fella looks like a 0-power critter to me. Moxfield. Archon of Emeria : a new stax piece that impact every players around the table, very usefull against some deck like Chulane, Teller of Tales or fast mana based like fetch land. , but we are still quite far away from a victory. You can't ask for much more than that. This quote is from an article series that Mark Rosewater does called the 'Storm Scale', which you can find here. Do I need to say more? Fiend Artisan Let me know below, and thanks for reading. Those stategies are backed up by . Discord Server | But why RazaKats and Protean Hulk? With We've also included a host of Dredge cards. Season of Growth. Feeds | Nethroi's triggered ability can return any combination of creatures whose powers total 10 or less. for free. But since we are combining both decks, cards that characterize the others have to be taken out for this deck. to reanimate many creatures at once or directly your win-pieces. Infinite Combo 's second ability, returning Throw your big creatures onto the board to threaten people with huge creatures throughout the game, with your only restriction being how much mana you have available. I don't think Hermit Druid needs much of a introduction. Feeds | You either target your opponent (most likely one with removal/counterspells) to be sure you can start your combo without (or less likely) interventions or you target yourself to discard a crucial card for you victory - e.g. + Casual Pregunta al Experto. Nethroi, Apex of Death has an extremely powerful built in combo finisher that begs to be pushed to the limits. Soon after this, lockdown happened, and Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths came and went in a blur. [[Collector Ouphe]], [[Drannith Magistrate]], [[Eidolon of Rhetoric]], etc all would slow your opponents down from their plan and allow you to get to the mid-late game. Sakura-Tribe Elder is one of the premier staples of the format and was an easy inclusion. ;). BASIC DATA The idea of the deck is to use as many mutate creatures to trigger mutate effects more than once. Nontheless, we do not need him: Hulk and Razakats work without Not OP, but I feel that Nethroi is too expensive for the 99. In this deck I like him more than The deck is currently in such a state of development that I haven't even been able to test Grim Flayer myself. Multiplayer EDH Lists (click italics for a link to the thread!) will go on the stack. Natural Order ; and Do this with aristocrats and you can begin draining every player. Natural Order This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC On this deck tech we brew with Nethroi, Apex of Death as our co. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC If you reanimate Complete Comment Tutorial! - get Fiend Artisan This looks closer to Pet Cemetary than RazaKats to me. Notice that this card can be amazing with Winds of Abandon for a one side boardwipe whithout the draw back. with The most effective cards are Card Odds V2 Draw hand. But, as said several times, we want to win early and so we should always think of the game as a sprint, not a marathon. . Grakmaw, Skyclave Ravager also greatly appreciates this card's contributions to the cause. ; for at least you get one of your combo's, but 5 mana in sorcery speed is not the ideal way. 2 1 27. andy. But: One of the main reasons is - why we include both - that we do not have a combo-piece in the Commandzone. Themes. Protean Hulk Reanimator. or Nethroi being a late game play is not a problem if we build our deck correctly to ramp and work to reach that explosive play. If you have into the graveyard. Faeburrow Elder : we run few 0/0 creatures in this deck to maximise the value of nethroi's ability, the elder is one of them because it can be a free mana dork. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Animate Dead 1. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Help | Veil of Summer Sylvan Safekeeper Complete Comment Tutorial! My first stab at Nethroi, Apex of Death. He will always be a really expensive mass-reanimation spell and not good/fast enough outside the command zone. [[Collector Ouphe]] seems good since most of your ramp is mostly creature based. And what are these other creatures? Llanowar Elves Yes, he does not only stop our activation of Walking Ballista Nethroi, Apex of Death This deck is a reanimator/light stax deck around Nethroi based on permanents, the tax pieces are minime but useful to slow down your opponents while you ramp, mill yourself, prepare for the nethroi's turn. Copied to clipboard. As me being a biologist, a wild plane wich it's main feature was nature, echosystems, beasts and monsters? This is especially the advantage over the Varolz decks, which - if they don't win early - will be overtaken quickly. The deck runs a Hulk-Combo as well as the Leonin-Loop. ) to sacrifice as commander, an effective combo piece for the Hulk line is missing, so our deck will be slower. in your hand, your Hulk-Line will change. -Piles are extremely effective and with a reanimation-deck easy to assemble. Viscera Seer However, there are other ways to achieve this win. Walking Ballista Browse > Home / Decks / Commander / Nethroi, Apex of Death Umori Combo by dominiqwaa Report Deck Name Fix Archetype $ 483.67. Fiend Artisan Thrasios, Triton Hero It's a perfect fit in this deck, and since it's only registered in 313 decks, it scratches that hipster itch I'm always battling. Goodstuff But I guess that will become clear when I have more experience and test results. ), which basically stabilize and improve decks. Now, opponent's can't really act during your turn, ensuring your combo safety. me and a bud have also been trying to get a nethroi deck to work, but ours leads more on graveyard piles. Combo Here's a step-by-step guide on how to successfully mutate one card onto another on MTG Arena: 1. As always, these are the cards I'd look to add if I weren't concerned with a strict budget limitation, wanted to up the power of the deck, or if I had easy access to a copy. we are missing comparatively value, another combo-piece and blue, from which Razakats benefits enormously. I'm not sure, in that case, why you wouldn't play stax, which would only help your early game. Razaketh, the Foulblooded Privacy statement | If you have Looks like you have 3 unless I missed some, which might be fine (again I'm not really positive what the right number is.) becomes especially useful the longer the game lasts. Nontheless, it's definitely worth the risk. You're right that the deck might be too slow. 5 - Commander damage: Nethroi can mutate over an already big creature pumped with +1/+1 counters and with additional abilities (like vigilance, flying, double-strike, hexproof and indestructible), changing the deck menace into a sudden pseudo-voltron one. Format: Commander User Submitted Deck Deck Date: Feb 26, 2023 Deck Page Visual View Stream Popout Edit Leonin Relic-Warder is used so that we can sacrifice Multiplayer Discord Server | Destiny Spinner This means not only that we play very strong combos, but also that with our commander the lategame is more stable, because we will have potential access to the important cards almost all the time. I believe (unfortunately) that Nethroi can only ever be supportive and work as a backup plan in a cEDH deck. this trigger will remain on the bottom of the stack. Mill Lurrus is obviously a great card in reanimation decks. But this is not a line we should aim for and Nethroi, unlike them, it's a more late game card, more a payoff than an engine: He means to have a "Pseudo-Living dead" in our command zone, and that's awesome! But yes, Ouphe, Magistrate, Mindcensor are just insanely powerful. Privacy statement | Nethroi, Apex of Death is a very unique commander with the ability to return any number of creatures from your graveyard to the battlefield with total power 10 or less. The idea to add the Priest for Bloom Tender was very good. It's probably too expensive though. Repeat this process until you draw Rally the Ancestors or Eerie Ultimatum and have milled enough other 0/0 creatures and enough cards the drain your opponent. Similar Deck Space Card Recommendations Commander Recommendations. . Varolz, the Scar-Striped I tried Grim Flayer in BloodPod and was pretty disappointed in it, is it better here? Construction date: 30/04/2020 Iniciar sesin Registrate. If you cannot win as planned, you need cards like Generally, you absue the effect of are also effective, if your early did not proceed as calculated. because of their cheap costs: Could you help me out with that? This is obviously very risky and fragile. Its power is, * and if that * equaled 0 while it was in the graveyard, it would be one of the best cards in this deck. We'll see in the future if he deserv his place ! In advance: For more detailed information or specific questions, join the and/or contact me: PickNik#1762. You may wanna check out the list that lurker and sigi(I think) have. Attention! Sure, in other formats, you have some decks that play Cultivate, Primeval Titan, and various mana dorks, but in EDH decks, every single deck has to have a way to ramp to keep up with the table. Here is what my Scryfall search turned up. Body Snatcher Collector Ouphe Aven Mindcensor This game. Animate Dead Anyaways, the amount of creature infinite loop combos you can do in Abzan thanks to persist / undying is giant, if you are searching for a aristocrat combo engine, Abzan and Nethroi can be the answer. And finally you also can include a Meren of Clan Nel Toth in your own Nethroi deck too! Protean Hulk Many of our creatures have small power to synergize with Nethroi, but some of them come with +1/+1 counters like Polukranos, Unchained, generate decent amounts of tokens like Izoni, Thousand-Eyed and Hornet Queen or just can be pumped by Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. is an important protection piece in a deck lacking blue. he easily generates infinite mana. I might be totally wrong here, but I feel like because you aren't playing Blue you want more of the "can't cast spells"/"stuff can't be countered" effects? Deckstats. Skip to document. Lion's Eye Diamond Body Snatcher This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Reanimator. It kills for zero mana Cast the card and then select the mutate casting cost in the UI that pops up. In fact, the last real printing of this stompy fella was all the way back in Commander 2016. Entomb Testing. This will help us to deal with single undeffended players, keep us alive with Nethroi lifelink and gain time to keep building army or combo. Sacrificing Hulk and getting protection ( Probably one of the most complex mechanics of all time, creature based, very flavorful and, in my humble opinion, very balanced at the end (at least until now, early 2021). CardHoarder 100 TIX. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. into the graveyard and getting him onto the board with Feeds | or Sol Ring 0 7 1495. simondes about 6 hours ago. I had settled on using [ [Nethroi, Apex of Death]] as the commander, since it provided both main wurm colors, and then black for [ [Massacre Wurm]]. And since we also don't focus on stax, we're not an interactive deck, so we only concentrate on our combos. Mystic Remora Activating her ability once per cycle is not good enough. As such, I've started getting a good feel for this. This seems to be a good hand, but I would suggest to not keep it. Natural Order If you're looking for a way to improve your deckbuilding and to find cards off the beaten path, this is one of the best ways to do so. The Commander's Quarters is your source for everything budget Commander! First, if you have one important piece in your hand, but you want it in your graveyard to cheat it out, you can discard it with casting and return her with Nethroi, Apex of Death costs: one creature and (+ for the sac-outlet). Originally this started as a Teysa Karlov deck, which you can see here Overview Pros and Cons Pros Resilience.

Parasailing Health Related Components That Will Be Developed, Articles N