maelstrom wanderer edh competitivemaelstrom wanderer edh competitive

Maelstrom Wanderer gives itself haste. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. I have no issues with budget, and i'm looking for a list to take to the edh events at GP Atlanta. Generally speaking youre only going to hit turn 8 or so, anyway, so the life loss is negligible. I played with this deck for a long time until I finally was at my LGS in Houston, when I came across a competitive player and immediately wanted to finely tune my deck to become more competitive, and that is when I came to you. Help | Its the most expensive card out of Prophecy for a reason. Cast Maelstrom, hit this, tap 2 extra mana to entwine, fetch up Kiki-Jiki + Deceiver Exarch, DEN + Palinchron, Misthollow (if you have food chain out), Kiki + Eternal Witness (if you have Time Warp/Walk the Aeons in your grave). Were not trying to abuse Wanderers ability to drop a Consecrated Sphinx and a Time Warp on the same turn. See what removal you can dig for. More Casual Feedback More Competitive . This also means you can re-use certain cards if necessary - if theyre destroyed, countered, etc. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. An aggressive powerhouse creature who is a three for one card thanks to its double cascade. lol. Remand - This card allows me to either counter an opponent's spell, or put Maelstrom back into my hand and draw a card. This looks like a cEDH deck. Welcome to the second Commander Showdown! Best case, I counter a spell. She is also super easy to flip, and getting the ramp/draw off her +1 is fantastic. Playing lands from the top of my library is better, because it means I'm not drawing them. So what's the communities experience on this commander? Maelstrom Wanderer (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) This collection is out of date, you may click here to see the latest version Maelstrom Wanderer Commander / EDH* RUG (Temur) JarlBigJohnson Acidic Slime 1x 1x Apex Devastator 1x 1x Avenger of Zendikar 1x 1x Balefire Dragon 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x 1x Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. The creatures are what make this deck. Save. Note that, depending on the actual card/s stopping you, you can still get around this: For instance, a player thinking theyre safe behind a Ghostly Prison will be very, very sad when you make infinite copies of Zealous Conscripts, using the last copy to steal their Prison until EOT and letting you attack for free. And though in my heart I consider myself a G/B player, I am not above recognizing a powerful general wherever it may be, so my EDH lists are pretty varied. Being able to tutor out 2 creatures is wonderful. It's too easy to disrupt his ramp which shuts his plan down entirely, and even the fastest lists which can power him out pretty reliably by turn 5 or 6 do so by sacrificing all their early game interaction to dump all their dorks and rocks onto the board. This site is unaffiliated. The Planeswalkers: This is the section of the deck that initially started with about 10 cards, and has slowly dwindled down to 3 due to efficiency. Admin Regen Charts Download / Export / Embed Code. [Maelstrom Wanderer]] deck that has a much higher win rate (in the 90%+ range).but because the deck only looks scary when it comes online, it garners less attention than Jhoira which always looks scary. my fault for not including that, Multiplayer. TappedOut.js Blog Widget. Best case scenario, I cascade into and draw 3 free cards and worst case, I have to wait a few turns. The goal is to cast your commander ASAP. 1x Maelstrom Wanderer *f-etch* 1x Manaweft Sliver; 1x Megantic Sliver; 1x Necrotic Sliver; 1x Oracle of Mul Daya; . Have an enjoyable 8-day Uniworld cruise down Rhine River through a few cities of Western Europe . Maelstrom Wanderer EDH: GrowingPaynes - -74 tix: $ 394: 2023-02-05: Maelstrom Wanderer: Zylozs - -115 tix: $ 3,462: 2023-02-04: Cascade 2. . MTGGoldfish, Inc. is not affiliated with Wizards of the Coast LLC. Go for it. Casual These are pretty typical, but for reference: Tooth and Nail: If unanswered, will win you the game. You now have 17 mana in pool.Cast Wanderer for URGGGGGGGG. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. While the mana base is not optimized just yet, the rest of the deck is for the most part. Maelstrom Wanderer is a unique creature because its base power and toughness aren't the only big things on it. > General goes unblocked and the defending player has to handle X 3/3s that all have trample and +7/+7. Future tweaks to the decklist will be things like tightening up the mana base (seeing how low on lands I can actually go before impacting draws); improving the artifact mana base with things like Mana Crypt, and upping the amount of reactive spells like countermagic. Once youve got infinite mana and youre cascading through your library, there are your actual win conditions: Warstorm Surge/Purphoros, God of the Forge + Wanderer/Scourge/Misthollow Griffin: Basically any card that deals damage or does things when your creatures come into play. Except..I didnt like that. Needs to be tested. The only way this could be any better is if we had access to white for Academy Rector. RUG (Temur). Other time magic has been cut and I havent looked back since. Sure, there are times when you can hypothetically hit two ramp spells.But even if that's the case it still serves you to cast this powerful commander on the following turn if it dies. Our second combo functions in much the same way: the typical Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron infinite mana loop. This combo works by exiling the Griffin or Scourge to Food Chain for X+1 colored mana; you use X of that mana to re-cast from exile the Griffin/Scourge, netting a single mana. Maelstrom Wanderer Combo Commander / EDH* Enderkr Upvote 0 Playtest v1 Similar Deck Space Card Recommendations Commander Recommendations Card Kingdom $4K TCGPlayer Mkt $3.7K CardHoarder 166 TIX Compare to Spoiler Timeline Card Odds Draw hand Add to folder Copy Download / Export / Embed Code Group Ordering Instant (13) 1x Ancient Grudge Maelstrom Wanderer cEDH (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) This collection is out of date, you may click here to see the latest version Maelstrom Wanderer cEDH Commander / EDH RUG (Temur) KrizpMango 0 Group Ordering Land (35) Ancient Tomb Arid Mesa 1x Bloodstained Mire 1x Breeding Pool 1x Cavern of Souls 1x City of Brass 1x Command Beacon 1x Command Tower Brainstorm - if you have cards in your hand that you don't have the mana to cast, you can simply put them on top and cascade into them. Specific tutors can find you what you need, but of course have RUGs peculiar little twists with them: Bring To Light, Foresight/Manipulate Fate, Gamble, Selective Memory, Impulse, Intuition, Long-Term Plans and Worldly Tutor all either search for specific types of cards, OR have the very strong possibility of screwing you over when theyre supposed to help you. But is it really better than having access to white and Black? > Infinite mana and cascades, Maelstrom Wanderer Casual This Maelstrom Wanderer deck tech comes from the mind of our very own Joe Cherries! It is not geared towards cedh but it is tried and tested to be about a 65-70% win rate in my high power paper meta. Current list: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/R_83Q4nuj0GV-LzOFVy6uQ. Imperial Recruiter: Finds all your utility critters as well as (as usual) half your Kiki/Conscripts combo. Terms of Use | Spoiler Timeline. Nature's Claim - Used for disruption since there a lot of artifacts in my meta. I'm not a huge fan of that tier list because it ranks commanders based on the commander itself. He's fun in the right meta, but a total glass canon. He seems to also be crushed by any kind of stax, since his ramp would be slowed down. Deceiver Exarch - A redundancy for the Splinter Twin combo, he can also help generate a lot of mana if we have Gaea's Cradle on the field. It was frustrating to be like every other Wanderer deck out there; it was frustrating to know that my opponents could destroy something like a Grim Monolith, and set me back from any meaningful game plan for several turns. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. 09-Oct -2022. Generally speaking, my game plan has always been to play the thorn in the foot, with multiple removal spells, counters and speedbumps, while simultaneously ramping until I can either drop a combo piece or come out of nowhere with the win. My current list and the one Ill be running for Marchesa is here: https://scryfall.com/@Shadowrulz/decks/88fc58e0-4cb2-428f-8181-15e2705f5a67. If I am getting cocky, I may use his +2, but that rarely happens. Sac Wanderer for GGGGGGGGG (9 green). r/EDH My modular . Wanderer can have several key cards removed (via Praetors Grasp, etc) and still win without a problem. $104. I grabbed up my copy of Surrak Dragonclaw and built the most Timmy deck one could think of. I definitely would like to slowly build the deck up to be somewhat competitive, but I mostly play casual. Once we have infinite mana, we can then cast Maelstrom Wanderer an infinite amount of times, cascading through our entire library. As long as you understand this Maelstrom is fun to play. Ever wondered why Channel was banned? Wanderer doesnt care about combat damage, and in fact doesnt even really care about casting your commander at all unless it wins the game that turn. Contact | He's the definition of a kitchen table boogieman. Bring To Light will roundabout tutor for Misthollow (via Manipulate Fate), or one of your creature combos (via Fierce Empath/Imperial Recruiter), but again, no Food Chain. Will eventually be replaced with Worldly Tutor, Skyshroud Claim - More ramp, plus it grabs Dual Type Lands. Copied to clipboard. The Problem with Wanderer is why you would prefer him over the First Sliver? This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. Duplicant is a bit expensive, but again, synergizes with Food Chain, gets rid of Eldrazi like a champ, and works well with the other creature-based strategies in the deck. Feeds | I recently made a Temur deck that I am disappointed in and I'm looking to change it up a bit. Fact or Fiction - I like drawing cards, and I feel I've made that pretty clear here. :). Unfortunately and only due to the fact that it has access to blacks true tutors. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network, TCGplayer.com, CardKingdom.com, CardConduit.com, Cardhoarder.com, MTGOTraders.com. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. 1x Maelstrom Wanderer; 1x Orzhov Advokist; 1x Portal Mage; Instant (2) 1x Illusionist's Gambit; 1x Volt Charge; Land (11) . Out came the dragons, the Jokulhaups, the Avenger. And most of the time worse for your opponents than straight counterspells. The problems start to appear once you try to go off consistently with Food Chain. Double Cascade.Sac Wander the last time for GGGGGGGGG. Competitive Maelstrom Wanderer EDH. Commander Showdown is a series that compares and contrast two similar commanders, analyzes differences in strategy and deck construction, and evaluates how those differences are represented by the data here on EDHREC. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. 10/10, would run again.Defense of the Heart: In a truly competitive environment, this can ALMOST be considered a waste of mana, since your opponents will either never have more than 1 creatures (their commander) in play, or will destroy it before it triggers. Repeat steps 3-4, with epiphany targeting opponents to draw cards until they draw their decks and loses. RUG generally speaking does not have the best tutors in the game, but what we do have, we can use in very creative ways to get what we need. The odd ones out here though is Sensei's Divining Top, which is used to help manipulate what I will be cascading into and Crucible of Worlds, which I use to recover from wipes and to abuse Strip Mine. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Frh am Dom. If you are a resident of California, you have the right under the CCPA to opt out of the sale of personal information to third parties. Being able to wait until the last minute to cast a spell really brings out the Blue player in me, and I have always loved having it down. I feel I don't really have to explain this one, since most of you know what it does, but I will anyways. Recast maelstrom and sac him infinite times, 5) mass bounce spell + eternal witness or archaeomancer: bounce all nonland permanents every turn, 1) Palinchron + Riku of Two Reflections + 7 lands: infinite Palinchron tokens and infinite colored This site is unaffiliated. Kalamax upgrade for Christmas : EDH. Digging for Food Chain? As a backup plan it can still win with commander damage with the likes of xenagos and pathbreaker ibex. Cryptic Command - If we cascade into this, we can tap down our opponents' creatures and bounce a permanent, or if we want to (and can afford if), we counter Maelstrom Wanderer and cascade some more. + Sylvan Library - Looking at more cards and potentially getting more answers or threats is a big deal for this deck. Jodah, Archmage Eternal EdH deck. Ancestral Vision - This card was added since I didn't have another place to put it and I love the card, but since I have added it, it has only benefited me. Eternal Witness - In case I need to pull a card back from the grave, this is a nifty little card to use. Terms of Use | Discord Server | Maelstrom Wanderer: 5.83 tix Creatures (28) 1 Animar, Soul of Elements: 0.45 tix 1 Averna, the Chaos Bloom: 1.66 tix 1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking: 0.26 tix 1 Eternal Witness: 0.11 tix 1 Flamekin Herald: 0.14 tix 1 Gwenna, Eyes of Gaea: 0.08 tix 1 Reclamation Sage: 0.03 tix 1 Shardless Agent: 0.02 tix 1 Somberwald Sage: 0.01 tix 1 Topiary Stomper . Discord Server | Drop everything and anything you can to increase your mana count, because your decks singular purpose in life is to drop Wanderer and pray. Please take a moment to review them and accept to continue. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Repeat for infinite mana of all colors. Barring opponent shenanigans, an end-of-turn Long-Term Plans lets you set up your cascade perfectly, getting you any card you need to finish comboing off. Because we are not a big dudes version of Wanderer, we can afford to run disruption, vastly improving our early game against other competitive decks. Commander Showdown Yidris vs Maelstrom Wanderer. https://www.moxfield.com/decks/d4KPWun9o0yfflaCVNW7ng. This list has suffered in being sort of my back burner list, but its also been the deck Ive had put together the longest; probably more than a year at this point. Attention! Oracle of Mul Daya - Playing lands is great. Regrowth/Noxious Revival/Natures Spiral/Eternal Witness/Skullwinder: Beyond the usual uses of being able to re-use ramp or removal, these cards also allow you to use things like Intuition to great effect, tutoring for one of your combo pieces and immediately pulling it back to your hand; they also allow you to cycle through multiples pieces of your deck as youre infinitely cascading, for instance using Hull Breach to annihilate an opponents entire board (necessary against a stax player) before being able to win. He allows me to drop my opponents' life totals down so that if I have to kill them by brute force, I can. The only downside is not having Jeleva which is typically your backup plan. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC DMCA requests | Press J to jump to the feed. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. An early cast allows for the possibility of another Maelstrom cast before the other players . Also, could someone link a competitive list? At MTGGoldfish, we value your privacy. 50 - 0 Rares. Infinite mana of all colors; notably, not just limited to creatures like Food Chains mana is. Attention! Animar also likes playing combo. I can't think of any other ways to fetch it besides Gamble, which is obviously a gamble. I have rarely won after a cast of Wanderer on turn six or seven that didn't hit an extra turn spell, Bribery, Wildfire (situationally), or Consecrated Sphinx for example. Redirecting abilities is powerful. Press J to jump to the feed. Hey, Im trying to build as much effective and competitive list of my favourite commander - Maelstrom Wanderer! Primal Command - This is another tutor used to get whichever creature I need, plus it doubles up as removal for pesky non-creature permanents and stopping me from decking myself. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Garruk Wildspeaker - Helps untap lands to cast more spells, provides blockers, and, if needed, can make Maelstrom Wanderer stronger with trample to hit even harder. That's his primary function. The Creatures: Finally the part that is most crucial to the deck. This is why, for instance, Enigma Sphinx saw a fair amount of usage at first, followed in time by Etherium-Horn Sorcerer and Maelstrom Wanderer, the latter of which quickly vaulted in demand. EDHREC Home Commanders Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder As Card Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Commander) $7.99 $6.71 0.76 TIX 4425 decks (0.202%) Rank #108 Navigation By Theme By Budget All Cheap Expensive Links Aetherhub Archidekt Deckstats Moxfield MTGGoldfish MTGStocks Scryfall Average Type Distribution Hopefully putting this primer out there will get some discussion going, and we can find the ultimate list for this build. Cryptic Annelid: An unusual choice, for sure. Maelstrom Wanderer.

Cbeebies Games Swashbuckle Walk The Plank, Russell Bufalino Death, Articles M