ground beef and potato casserole without canned soupground beef and potato casserole without canned soup

Add onions and celery to same skillet and cook until soft, adding rest of spice ingredients through pepper flakes. Pour mixture over 5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime! Pour half the soup mixture over the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper then saute until mushrooms start to soften, 3-5 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle the buttered Corn Flakes on top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 15 minutes more (until the topping is golden brown and the potatoes are tender). Dump in the potatoes. Lol.-Thank you! Repeat layers once more, ending with the cheese on top. I added frozen corn and pees just before putting the tators on top and it made it colorful and tasty. Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). In the prepared baking dish, spread half of the beef mixture in an even layer. Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture, and browned ground beef in a 2-quart baking dish. 10-1/4 cast iron skillet from Le Creuset, 3 Tablespoonsgluten-free or all-purpose flour (dish will not be GF if using AP flour), 2 Tablespoonsgluten-free tamari orsoy sauce (dish will not be GF if using soy sauce). Bake at 400 degree for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. They are fine and they look wonderful. I made this & the recipe is a good base, but even as one who likes food simple, I knew it needed punching up. An old-fashioned comfort-food dish, this cheesy and creamy Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole is easy to prepare and a sure hit with the whole family! Sprinkle over the onion soup mix. Let cool. Top with the remaining cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted, an additional 5 minutes. Hi Amanda! Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted. While Im not able to respond to every comment, I try hard to answer any questions that havent been addressed in the post, recipe or in other comments.I can tell you now 1) I have no idea if you can substitute Minute Rice or brown rice in my recipes because Ive never used them and 2) If I know how to convert a recipe to a Crock Pot version, I will make a note about it (otherwise, I dont know).And though I may not respond to them all, I do read each and every comment and I LOVE to hear from you guys! Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and onion, and cook until the beef is no longer pink (about 10 minutes). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown ground beef and onion; drain. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. Spray bottom of 2 quart glass baking dish. Variation idea: try using a pound of frozen hashbrowns in the place of the potatoes. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the pot and whisk well one last time. Transfer to the bowl. Sprinkle rice over top. Its always a winner in my book when it comes to casseroles! Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients Lean ground beef Someone pinned the original recipeto one of my Pinterest boards. Combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, garlic, chopped onion and 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; pour over beef mixture. Also, taste for seasoning before serving. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and brown ground beef. The family is sure to love this layered casserole! So you can either follow me and use unpeeled potatoes or follow the Pioneer Woman recipe and use peeled potatoes for your Hamburger Potato Casserole. Don't worry if you want to prepare Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat. Add 1/2 cup veggie, if desired. Pour condensed soups and milk into a bowl and whisk to combine. 6. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. To make this lower carb try using 1 pound of cauliflower florets in the place of the potatoes. This is gonna smell and look delicious. pepper then cook until ground beef is cooked though and crumbled. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Add another layer of potatoes and ground beef. In the same bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese, and soup. Pour on half the sauce. Soup Beef 475 Show detail Preview View more . Whatever youve got on hand works! Don't forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Ground Beef: Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Pour over the 5/5 (6) Total Time: 4 hrs 25 mins Category: Main Course Calories: 324 per serving . 10.31.2020. The kiddos scarfed this down and I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch throughout Crush Corn Flakes and combine with melted butter in a small bowl; set aside. Regardless, this looks delicious and the family can't wait to chow down! Satisfying and comforting. Looks delicious! 5. This must-try casserole tastes so good when its hot and bubbly from the oven. Drain and discard grease. Also a dash of cayenne pepper in the white sauce would give it a little extra kick and add flavour to the casserole. Set aside. Filipino-style Picadillo with Potatoes. Learn how your comment data is processed. 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups), 1 10.75-oz can condensed Cheddar Cheese soup. Cover with aluminum foil and place in pre-heated oven. Brown ground beef, salt, pepper and onions. Wrapped tightly, the assembled casserole can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. So make sure this portion is enough, Hello everybody, it's me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Stir all of the ingredients together well and continue cooking for 3 minutes. I made it twice in the morning or evening before and the potatoes do give out a lot of liquid but still delicious this way! Mix soup, sour cream, and milk. Im in Poland. Cover bottom of dish with a layer of potatoes and a layer of the ground beef and onions. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, Beef stew. Grew up on Tater Tot casserole and needed an easy dinner to make and take a warm container for my son after BB practice. Add a Corn Flake crumb topping for the ultimate cozy meal! Remove from the oven and let casserole stand for about 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the ground beef to the skillet and brown over medium high heat until no longer pink; approximately 4-5 minutes. Otherwise, the cooking steps will be the same. Add half of the potatoes on top, season with salt and pepper, and pour half of the soup mixture on top. Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points is something that I have loved my whole life. Love the peas and corn additions, Denise! You can use cheddar, American, Monterey Jack, Colby, Gruyere, or Pepper Jack! If the top gets too dark before the potatoes are done, tent the dish loosely with foil. You can assemble the entire casserole up to24 hours in advanceand keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Drain off excess grease. Web15 Ground Beef And Potato Casserole Without Canned Soup Ground Beef and Potato Casserole 1 hr 10 min Lean ground beef, cheddar cheese, red pepper flakes, butter, garlic 4.534 BEST Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe 1 hr 55 min Lean ground beef, sharp cheddar cheese, chicken broth, russet potatoes, garlic 5.041 Potato and Ground Beef Turned out great! Whereas I always have milk in the house. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If no evaporated milk, do I adjust the amount of milk or use just whats called for in the recipe? Kristin This is a great recipe. Burke Cut potatoes into thin slices (less than 1/4 inch). Turned out wonderful and u would never know the potatoes were canned. Step 3 Bake, uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Quarantined and no evaporated milk - has anyone just used regular milk? I have made this several times. I baked it uncovered for one hour then let it rest for 15 minutes. pepper then whisk until smooth. Steps. I havent tried freezing :). This is my go-to recipe! Once it's finished cooking, remove the beef from the pan, discard any grease, and wipe out the skillet. Peel and slice potatoes and set aside. Great flavor but needed way more than one hour + 15 minutes of baking time. By Career Surf, Ground Beef And Potato Casserole Without Canned Soup. I added extra onions and I put garlic and Weber's hamburger seasoning for the grille. of ground beef. Season with a little bit of salt, to taste, turn the potatoes, and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until lightly browned on the other side. Place the casserole in the oven with the foil on, and bake for one hour. Wrapped tightly, the assembled casserole will keep in the freezer for up to2 months. Mike Skillet Tater Tot Casserole is a meat and potatoes dish thatll stick to your ribs but since its made with mostly homemade ingredients you can feel good about feeding it to your whole family. you can use a little garlic infused olive oil (also from Trader Joes) while browning the ground beef. Slice potatoes into inch thick rounds. Arrange a single layer of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Instructions. Slice potatoes very thin (I use a mandolin). Stir well. My family can't get enough! Top potatoes with 1/4 of beef mixture. have people over like we used to. In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion and celery until the meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook the ground beef and drain the fat in a pan. trampoline, cornhole, etc.) Lightly grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan. In Cooking Step 5, instead of using a casserole dish, add everything to a slow cooker insert and mix. WebInstructions. I also used canned sliced potatoes and I don't have to peel and slice potatoes. Thank you for a great recipe!!! This recipe is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for sharing it! :), Do you have other condensed soups like Cream of Mushroom? I'm a firm believer that Filipino cuisine has some of the best dishes to offer. Add the ground beef on top of the potatoes and onion. Repeat the procedure with 2 more tablespoons of oil and remaining potatoes. Serve with some steamed vegetables and some garlic bread. It is appreciated by millions daily. Leftover ground beef casserole will keep in therefrigerator for 3-4 days. Is it safe to assume they should be added to the ground beef and onion while browning? Best tater tot casserole ever. There is no way 4 pounds of thinly sliced potatoes, single layered, and all the other ingredients, fit in a 9 x 13 pan.I barely got 2 1/2 pounds in.It's in the oven now.I hope the lack of 1 1/2 pounds of potatoes isn't going to make the casserole watery. I would do it on low for around 4 5o 6 hours. Steps. Place a layer of potatoes in the pan. Add in the onions. This recipe I will keep for sure. It is one of my favorites food recipes. Repeat the layers once more, ending with the cheese. (about 1 cups whole cereal before crushing), (about 4 medium) russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (less than -inch thick), ground beef casserole, hamburger potato casserole. Add More Veggies: Add crisp-tender steamed, roasted, or sauteed broccoli, green beans, carrots, or even frozen peas to the casserole. Good times! You can replace the cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup with condensed cream of onion, cream of bacon, or cheddar cheese soup if you prefer. Brown beef and onions, drain; Heat oven to 350; Spray bottom of 2 quart glass baking dish. In a separate bowl, whisk together the condensed soups and milk. To serve: You may either mix the noodles, beef and Cover bottom of dish with a layer of potatoes and a layer of the ground beef and onions. Bring the potatoes to a boil. Sauce: It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Bring the potatoes to a boil. Next time Ill add water chestnuts! In a large bowl mix cream soup, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. I love the flavor! How to make hamburger casserole: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat oven to 350F. Go on get cooking! Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. If you want some garlic flavor (I always do!) Then remove the foil, add the Corn Flake topping, and return to the oven (uncovered) for about 10-15 more minutes. Add onions and celery to same skillet and cook until soft, adding rest of spice ingredients through pepper flakes. Preheat oven according to tater tot bag instructions. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking pan with cooking spray. - Mandy. baking dish. , 2023 The Seasoned Mom. When hot add the onion and red pepper to the pot. Spoon into the bowl with the beef. I will try to go through everything you need to know and related to this Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe, so make sure to take a look at all the info provided alongside the main recipe. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Sprinkle rice over top. I know most of you are nodding your head thinking, Its definitely a make again recipe! I might add some mixed veggies to it next time. Drain. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Im so glad you all enjoyed this! lean ground beef medium onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 3 carrots, sliced 2 stalks celery, sliced 2 medium potatoes, diced 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1 bay leaf 4 cups beef broth 1 (15 oz. In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the oil on medium heat. I also substituted the cheese soup for cream of chicken soup. You can use any ground protein that you prefer for this Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole. Instructions. Youre welcome. My alterations were that I doubled the recipe used a bag of frozen cubed hashbrowns with onions and peppers and a bag of frozen waffle fries (because I didnt want to peel and par boil russets). Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, Vickys Boeuf Bourguignon, GF DF EF SF NF. We don't have that in Australia. Just make sure you add enough oil to the pan for chicken and turkey, since they have less fat than beef. Add tamari/soy sauce, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and smoked paprika,turn heat up slightly to bring mixture to a bubble, then turn heat back down to medium andsimmer until just slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. 07.20.2020. Yep! Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Once its finished cooking, remove the beef from the pan, discard any grease, and wipe out the skillet. Don't worry if you want to prepare Stewed Beef delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. I think my family will love it on this cold Colorado day! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Mix the soup, garlic powder, pepper, stock and cream in a bowl. As beef tends to have a more natural flavor, you may want to add a little more salt, oregano, or pepper. Drain well and set aside. But back to the recipethis one is very easy. Drain grease and set aside. Copyright 2023 Iowa Girl Eats. Once melted, add onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Next, add the scallions, soup, water, potatoes, half of the cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper; then mix together. Go forth and spread the good word. Make Sauce: In the same pan, add the onion and cook until softened. Many things affect the quality of taste from Beef stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. We skip the mushrooms and use green onions instead of shallots. Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. I make my own & there are a couple of homemade recipes online. Directions. Drizzle the top of the casserole with the extra 1/2 cup dressing, garnish with extra pickles if desired, and serve. 2. It's enjoyed by millions daily. Add in the onions. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. gurl, you're preaching to the choir. Deb Combine condensed cheddar soup, evaporated milk, milk, salt and Spoon into baking dish in a single layer. Do you have ham in your freezer So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Recipe of Speedy Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points. potato/beef/cheese layers. Wondering if you can recommend anything else as a substitute? You can use really any potato in this Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole recipe, Make sure you cut it down to a similar size. With its popular flavors and bubbly cheese topping, there is never a need to worry about leftovers. Add in the onions. This will be really delicious. Drain off excess greaseTilt the Instant Pot to one side while holding the ground meat against the other side with a wooden spoon. 0 seconds of 1 minute, 48 secondsVolume 0% 00:25 01:48 Church Supper Hot Dish I make this dish with sliced carrots and green beans. They are fine and they look wonderful. Just made this tonite and it was great! Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Once melted, add onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour in milk and stir until well combined. If you like cream of celery, thatd work here. Im definitely raising a family of meat-and-potato-lovin boys, so satisfying, stick-to-your-ribs dinners are a must around here. Top with 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/4 of the cheddar cheese. Privacy Policy. Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium low heat. Pour half of the soup mixture over top and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Yes! Betsy You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Your oven may need calibrating. The layers of potatoes, beef, veggies, and corn are sandwiched in a creamy cream of mushroom soup sauce. In case you dont have Corn Flakes, you can use Ritz cracker crumbs or crushed potato chips. We use this easy mandoline slicer to cut our potatoes quickly. All Rights Reserved. Place diced potatoes in bottom of dish. Thrilled to hear that, Maggie! or pour it in between each individual layer ( like cheese, soup mix, potatoes, soup mix, beef, soup mix..) or layer all and pour and repeat? Instructions. Little bit extra cheese. We like the broccoli, carrot and cauliflower blend. 02, 2023 These easy casserole recipes all include one secret shortcut ingredient: condensed soup. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and Grease and 9" X 11" casserole dish. Yummm! Preheat oven 375 degrees. I did this in a Casserole style slow cooker (Walmart $28) and it was a hit. This simple Pioneer Woman Hamburger Potato Casserole goes well with just about any of your favorite sides. Its a quick and easy recipe thats ideal for busy weeknights! In a large skillet, combine ground chuck, onion, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned and crumbles. Instead of soup, I use ketchup and minced onion with the meat. the weekends. Set aside. Thank you very much for your time. Mackenzie Pour sour cream mixture evenly over potatoes and cheese. I forgot to sprinkle the shredded cheese between the layers. Massel 7s stock cubes are low fodmap and can be found on Amazon. I laid down the waffle fries first, layered half the meat on, sprinkled half a can of corn, about 1 cup of Colby Jack cheese and half the soup/milk mixture then did it all again. It didnt last very long at my house either. Bring to a boil and then reduce then simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Add the half and half cream to the pot and whisk well again. In a medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and FRANK'S hot sauce. cheese, milk, bologna, salt and ground black pepper, butter, Parmesan cheese and 3 more Cheesy Potato Ham Chowder Pork parsley, celery, cilantro, potatoes, water, parsley, medium carrot and 5 more so everyone always seemed to land at our house on Something that Celiac/allergy folks probably know, but for those avoiding gluten its one of those sneaky things! Brown for 3 minutes. I also precook my potatoes to make sure they are done, to many times they have still been raw :(. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Cya ~. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef, onion, and celery until the beef is no longer Bake, uncovered, until the Tots are hot, around 35-40 minutes. And my son turned 16 this week, this is what he asked for dinner. Season each layer with salt and pepper. 10.25.2021. A delicious cheesy potato casserole made without canned soup, that is known for being served at holiday meals or for family functions. You dont have to boil the potatoes before layering them in the dish. Let the dish sit on the counter for at least 30 minutes before baking so it can come to room temperature. You can have Ground beef and potato casserole 7 points using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Turned out great. The hearty casserole starts off with a Montreal steak-seasoned ground beef mixture. Repeat with the second layer. Your email address will not be published. Im ditching canned soup because its usually not gluten-free plus its full of unnecessary ingredients. Cream of broccoli or cream of chicken or cream of celery. Thanks, yall! Better Than Homemade Cornbread - A Jiffy Hack with Duke's Mayo! Sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining half teaspoon of garlic salt and a few cracks of pepper. Add flour and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Sound the alarm: Tater Tot Casserole (or Hotdish as my neighbors to the north in Minnesota like to call it!) Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. This is an old recipe version that my mom used to make many years ago. Bake, uncovered, until the Tots are hot, around 35-40 minutes. Ingredients 1 pound lean ground beef 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup cup milk cup chopped onion salt and ground black pepper to taste 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese My husband couldnt tell a difference from fresh vs ahead. You can assemble the entire casserole up to 24 hours in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake. FIVE STAR recipe! Top beef with 1/4 of Made it tonight, substituted coconut almond milk for milk, added peas & corn for the hubby. Instructions. Shes an artist as well and I so enjoyed looking at her acrylics and pencil work. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. The cheese and the soup (if youre not using low-sodium soup) were enough salt for my taste. Im so glad that you found my site and that you enjoy the posts. WebCook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. In a bowl whisk together cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk, milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and onion powder and set aside. Place a layer of potatoes in the pan. 02.28.2022, Chicken broth is usually what I have on hand, but Ive made this plenty of times with beef stock/broth and its delicious too. . Step 4: Bake it. NOTE: If you dont have an oven-safe skillet you could pour the mixture into a baking dish at this point, top with the tots, and then bake. 01.31.2022. I I put in a teaspoon each of granulated garlic & McCormick's hamburger seasoning. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned. Add egg noodles over beef, then pour beef broth over and around the noodles. Spray the bottom of a 2 qt glass baking dish (11x9 inch). When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. I also forgot a broth suggestion.

Ann Britt Stafford, Lambhill Crematorium Schedule, Recent Car Accidents Near Illinois, Etsy Removable Wall Murals, Articles G