branford house winter weddingbranford house winter wedding

It sits on the Connecticut shoreline and offers a sophisticated setting for milestone celebrations. We had a pizza truck out front (Branford was great about flexibility and letting us use our own caterers to create our vision and feel for the night) and Cloud Nine salad bar and bar. If you want to feel like royalty, this place will do just that. There is very little flexibility or understanding on any front. Branford House Wedding Tips. Learn how your comment data is processed. Oct 31, 2021. hence my beach theme going out the window. 1084 Shennecossett Rd., Groton, CT | New England and Beyond, Branford House - University of Connecticut, Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. I used the following references at different points in this post: I can help with that! Although it was more expensive for our May wedding, it was well worth it for such a beautiful and memorable place. As other reviewers have mentioned, you rent the space and then bring in outside vendors. d looking out at the sound. This ballroom-type area is super unique and fancy. Just outside the West Room is another smaller, brick patio. Branford House Wedding Amanda + JohN . I also discovered when interviewing caterers for this venue, that most DO NOT WANT to do a seated, plated dinner at this location. On a cold January day, they held their ceremony in the West Room overlooking the They put the bottles behind the bar and didnt tell us. These were minor details for all the wonderful benefits of this place. If it wasn't for the liquor caterer, this would be a 5 star venue! Please visit my Harkness Memorial State Park Weddings Page for more information and more pictures. I just wouldn't expect much flexibility the day of the wedding. Their Branford House mansion wedding was beautiful, too, including everything from the dress to their dinner choice. Your email address will not be published. The low cost of the venue allowed us to use the remainder of our budget on dressing up the venue. So many people loved the outside parts of the venue that many people milled about outside, enjoyed the view and the ocean breeze. So when it came time for him to be away from mom and dad for a long weekend, it was no surprise that he chose The Crate Escape. Located on the Connecticut shoreline, the venue offers panoramic ocean views, sprawling grounds, and elegant event space, making it the ideal setting for every couple's wedding day. It has old world charm with amazing architecture and beautiful fireplaces. Rachel Girouard Photography has been documenting love and creating timeless memories since she picked up a camera. From the timeless ballrooms to the exceptional cuisine, this manor is an ideal location for an event to remember. However, I really did not have any issues with the venue itself. Food is a bit pricey for the quality and service. Branford House was originally a 31-room mansion that rivaled those found in Newport. Excludes weddings.) A beautiful venue that many people do not know about we would absolutely recommend! Given how expensive the venue was and that they already owned the chairs, this extra charge was a little surprising. As youll see in the linked floor plan, the L-shaped Main Room is about 1000 square feet. We used UCONN catering and guests STILL talk about how good the food was. The venue does absolutely nothing for you, except provide a person to be on hand to have the place open, direct traffic and close the place up at the end. The venue is absolutely beautiful - three stone fireplaces (one for each room! Off. This Waterford shoreline mansion embodies an old-world charm with multiple rooms to host your guests. Katie & Steve's Beach Engagement Session at Napatree Point. The only downside is you much use UConn catering for the bar. to the fact that it is an old mansion, be prepared that there are three separate rooms to have your guests in, which some people are bothered by. If youre interested in viewing our selection and renting a gorgeous fur stole for your wedding, click here for more information! After missing out on St. Patrick's Day celebrations two years in a row due to COVID concerns, Tommy Sullivan's made a week out of the holiday in 2022, with whiskey promotions, bagpipe . As couples and their wedding party draw nearer, its architectural brick beauty becomes clearer. But there were also lots of smiles, like during the funny speeches delivered by Thomass family that made everyone laugh wholeheartedly. Plan your wedding wherever and whenever you want on the WeddingWire App. Though it rained on their wedding day, Kristin and Rob had a great time with each other and their guests. While planning your wedding, here are some Branford House financial factors to consider: Despite how glamorous your Branford House wedding can be, it's actually an affordable CT wedding venue. Branford House was built in 1902 for Morton Freeman Plant, a local financier and philanthropist, as his summer home; he named it after his hometown of Branford, Connecticut. it's very "busy" and authentic in itself. This flexibility allowed us to have exactly the wedding we wanted. It helps that our caterer and DJ had worked there many times before. Shane's family lives near UConn (the Branford House is on UConn campus) so it was a great location to not have them travel very far. There are plenty of bathrooms, a full kitchen for your caterer to use, high ceilings, and plenty of space for guests. The Grand Ballroom features a two-story marble fireplace and rococo ceilings, creating an unforgettable setting for receptions. They were troopers and made it through the 15-minute ceremony - AND THEN IT STOPPED RAINING. Check out this years best local pros, chosen by couples like you. This boutique hotel is equipped with a healthy list of hotel rooms ranging in all sizes and styles. Sep 9, 2017 - Explore A Thyme to Cook's board "Branford House Weddings", followed by 333 people on Pinterest. i don't know what i was worrying about. You get the Newport look and feel without the insane price. Only downside was, we paid for a champagne toast, and it was never delivered. There were even fireworks across the sound from Ocean Beach Park that we watched from the patio! They also have a longer rental period than most venues I researched (10 hours: 2 for setup, 1 for breakdown, 7 hours of celebration). We couldnt have asked for a more perfect day!! Call . You do need to hire UCONN for bar services and we did have a few issues working with them but that really isn't a reflection of the venue itself or of the venue coordinator. On the other hand, every single other person had to travel from across the country. Once the temperatures drop below 60 degrees, an extra layer (or two) may be in order to knock down the chill. ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEES: Rehearsal Fee (upon availability/2 hours) $250.00 CANCELLATION ALL CANCELLATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A $500.00 CANCELLATION FEE. In addition to the beautiful architecture, the reason youd probably want an wedding at Branford House is to get outside. It is a beautiful mansion on the UConn Avery Point Campus. TAGS. They allowed me to customize the premium bar package to include additional brands of liquor and beer which was appreciated. The mansions second floor contains an art gallery and small seating area. That window of time was too close for comfort, and we ended up scheduling our rehearsal at a separate venue to make everything work logistically. One of my favorite moments in the reception was the removal and toss of the garter, with the groom looking utterly confident and the bridewell, slightly embarrassed. The Branford House was amazing and more than anything I could have dreamed. Our Weddings Team is ready to help you plan your special day. So, whats the relationship between Branford House and the University of Connecticut? We lucked out with the best weather and were able to have our ceremony outside on the lawn. Branford House Wedding. Clinton, CT 06413, P: (860)669.4596 The Branford House Mansion on the Avery Point Campus of the University of Connecticut was built in the 19th century and modeled after the famous Newport mansions. UConn can provide tent service, too, for additional fees. This is such a stunning site for a wedding. It was somewhat pricey to rent, but it was worth every penny. The inside is so gorgeous that you can go really light on decor and it will still looks amazi We got married in off season and the venue was PERFECT! Branford House Wedding. . This new venue captured our attentions immediately when we heard the words "19 acres and a private lake.". The setting is outstanding and Katherine is wonderful! Contact Branford House Mansion in Groton, with weddings starting at $4,884 for 50 guests. Plus, there are plenty of venues throughout Connecticut to host your day! Next is the East Room, which is just about 850 square feet. Just click below to head to my contact page and drop me a line. We went with David Alan Hospitality Group, and they 100% nailed it. I knew from the first moment I saw the Branford House from the Block Island Ferry that I wanted to have my wedding there. Tables and chairs are provided for celebrations with up to 200 guests, while the piano is free to be used by a professional pianist. is so large, it still had a close, romantic feel to it. Customize your own price, browse photos and special offers. 274 reviews of The Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark "Grand opening and as you would expect some operational flaws. Amanda was dressed in a timeless gown from White Dress by the Shore + her day was draped in exquisite florals from one of . We love a venue thats easy to get to, and travel to and from this one is a cinch! The interior of Branford House consists of three rooms (PDF warning) on the first floor. (Although you do have to bring in all your own vendors, which can add up). the biggest tip i can give is don't overdo it! Credit: Justin and Mary. Due Everyone kept saying how beautiful our location was. This awesome wedding venue is on the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus in Groton, Connecticut just minutes from Mystic and I-95. Acclaimed African-American painted John W. Hardrick painted this life-size portrait of Wilson native Dr. Joseph H. Ward circa 1932. . Also, if you decide that you wish to use the lawn (say you want to do a big tent on the grounds) there is another charge for that. The lower level of the house is home to a catering kitchen for your vendors to use. Bridget and Thomas, a radiant and very chic couple, decided to go for a winter wonderland wedding and, even if it was freezing cold outside (think Arctic cold, to get a feel of it), they did not really seem to mind. But it worked! It would have been also good to bring some lamps, as the lighting was very poor. The Branford House. 70 Likes, 4 Comments - Wedding Photography & Film (@garyflomphotography) on Instagram: "Winter wonderland wedding at the Olde Mill Inn / Grain House. I do recommend calling her with most needs and then following up with an email if it is urgent and you are unable to get in touch. Its always great to receive a word-of-mouth referral. Branford House. Keep in mind that youre technically on one of UConns campuses, which helps with accessibility. d it but only for the couple who wants to and has the time to find separate catering etc because nothing is really included in the price besides table and chairs. This regal house was built in the nineteenth century in the style of the famous Newport mansions. Some other options that couples can avail of at The Branford House Mansion include: Wedding of our dreams at the Branford House! The mansion, which has panoramic views of Fishers Island and Long Island Sound, was designed by Plant's wife Nellie, who had . Hire good vendors (especially a day-of coordinator!) If you have a wedding larger than 100, I would recommend renting the tent out on the lawn. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside and all our guests were so impressed with the location which is right on long island sound. Parking can be a bit tight. *Chefs kiss*. The ability to work with any vendor (beverage must be done through Uconn) and 10 hour venue rental timeframe are two of the many factors we loved. The house has everything you could hope for, from a great kitchen for the catering staff to a beautiful room for the bridal party to get dressed in, and the fireplaces are stunning. The staff is very knowledgeable and was very helpful. This classic + traditional wedding. Ladybug Designs Wedding and Event Florals, History Around the Corner: UConn-Avery Point campus turns half a century old,, Outdoor/indoor, waterfront historic mansion, three lighthouses on view, As its owned by the State of Connecticut, Branford Houses staff are generally UConn employees, One of the better mansion wedding venues in the state, it offers year-round weddings, with outdoor covered and outdoor open-air ceremony options, The property is suitable for small and big weddings, with a maximum of about 500 people (thats not a typo; Bethany Lagenbach, Branford Houses event space manager, let me know that theyve hosted that many guests for an all-outdoor wedding in the past), If youre open to an outdoor dance floor (the venue has two sizable, paved patios), then 200 guests can fit inside for a Branford House wedding reception, Reasonably speaking, a little under 200 guests can be seated inside the mansions first floor for a Branford House wedding reception (its a good idea to speak with your, Choose your own caterer, subject to the venues rules, This includes a tasting for the two of you to check things out before you decide on food, Current policy dictates that youre locked into UConns Department of Dining Services for your bar/alcohol service, Since Branford House is on Connecticut state property, the public is technically allowed to be on the wedding venue grounds (but not in the mansion), Regarding overnight accommodations, there are several hotels in Groton, Connecticut that would probably require some Uber rides (and dont forget nearby, Branford House isnt technically in Mystic, its located in Groton (downtown Mystic is 15 minutes away, Stonington Borough is 20 minutes away), Lovers of small-band live music will love Branford House; this wedding venue is conducive to musicians and even has a piano on hand, Despite how glamorous your Branford House wedding can be, its actually an. They also allow you to bring in any caterer you'd like, which is also hard to find. Tara & Eric were married out on the grass in front of The Branford House in Groton CT as a light rain came down. Branford House has both indoor and outdoor event spaces where you can host your wedding celebrations. We had our wedding here in July, the ceremony was outside and the scenery is absolutely amazing. Back to Table of Contents. The architectural details really shine and cannot be found at typical wedding venues. spring through fall), weekend weddings start from about $5000. The property around the house was just perfect for our outdoor ceremony and all of our our pictures. bride, CT, groom, photographer, Portraits, Tent, Tent Wedding, wedding, weddings. The Warehouse at FTC is particularly hearty in size, granting the opportunity for gatherings large and small. LOL. we took the advice of a bride and did candles EVERYWHERE. I liked this idea because we could customize the wedding to fit our style and didn't have to stick with only certain approved/favored vendors. The Branford House at UConn's Avery Point campus was built at the turn of the 20th century as a summer home for local financier and philanthropist Morton Plant. And Dayne, a pianist having performed at hundreds of events at the Branford House previously, finally had the opportunity to sit and play for his wife. of the mansion (compared to surrounding places) we were able to stay within budget. The state bought it for about $50,000; it cost $3 million to build. MICHIGAN FEAR FINDER Halloween Newspaper HAUNTED HOUSE GUIDE Prop LIMITED PRINT, Mudkip Pokemon Center Pokedoll Mini Plush 5" Toy Doll . The most amazing wedding venue! Traditionally, ceremonies are held outdoors. A winter wedding at The Branford House at Avery Point UCONN in Groton CT where the Winters get married? Everything went very smoothly and she had great recommendations for vendors! If a waterfront wedding day complete with a mansion is one of your goals, you really cant go wrong here. Even with all the people, your occasion will be stress-free with the attention of the trustworthy . What youll see here is a real example of how the mansion wedding venue idea can play out. Plus it was really inexpensive to rent! Styling and Day of Wedding Dressing Service: Beth Chapman Styling, 104 E Main Street Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A mixture of natural wood farm tables and plum dressed tables held a colorful array of . g room got hot fast with only twenty people, but that being said, everyone said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they'd been to. The venue and venue coordinator are amazing! The house contained 21 rooms, 10 baths, 10 fireplaces, and had a "lovely summer pavilion," according to Branford Town Historian Jane Bouley, in her essay about Anchorage. It brings us joy to help folks tie the knot, and we have wedding spaces that rise . Keep everyone in good spirits by offering fleece blankets as they arrive at the venue . The beauty of such a large space, and one so unique, is that you can tailor it to your needs. From our elegant Sugar River Ballroom, to our intimate Woven Label room to our outdoor, riverside Sullivan Green, we have many spaces to create the day of your dreams. It was a Saturday in October, as most weddings are. dirty wedding limericks; wedding venues bearsden glasgow; ffxiv wedding tutorial The reception was inside the mansion and it is a beautiful, unique option. and made the venue really shine and flow well. HUGE! Beyond the bar, Branford House was inflexible when it came to scheduling our rehearsal time. Realistically, this venue can really only comfortably accommodate weddings up to 100 people, any more than this and it's tight and challenging. The Branford House has all of the beauty and elegance that you would see in Newport at a much more reasonable price. 14. Anything else is an additional cost (such as nicer chairs, adding a tent, etc). The only drawback is that you have to use UConn Bar for alcohol and bar services, which can be expensive. The house is open to the public on Saturdays between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. from June 1 until Oct. 31. She chooses to be on the beach whenever possible, and likes to relax at home with her husband and two kids. We had about 75 people, and the tables were tight in the main room, so 75 was a good number. Overall, 10/10 would do again! I cant say enough good things about the Branford House. Weve shared our favorite venues for Spring, Summer, and Fall weddings but now its time to celebrate those winter wedding venues! . It can truly not be beat! If you get a good day as far as weather, which we did, it makes for the most gorgeous and relaxing wedding experience you can imagine. It fit our 110 guests with no problem and with tons of room to spare! Ballroom, Beach, Waterfront, Estate, Garden, Historic Venue, Tented, Food & Catering, Rentals & Equipment, Tents. Branford house wedding photos. In my opinion, the best thing about Branford House is that they let you hire the caterer of your choice - a huge cost savings! Imagine getting ready for your wedding beside the fireplace while the snow falls down around you outside. Additionally, we received rental of the house for the whole day, and were allowed to bring in any vendors we wished. Thank you to Bethany and our vendors for making it such an incredible day! Eolia is available for weddings, private parties, seminars, conferences, luncheons and teas. Blog . MAGAZINES Weddings on the Shoreline. In addition to many of images youve already seen throughout this post, here are some more of my favorite photos from Kristin and Robs beautiful Branford House wedding. The patio works well for a cocktail hour and the photo-ops are amazing. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 23, 1984. es are the reasons why I was eager to book the venue, and they really shined on our wedding day. The Branford House Mansion is a stunning building that captivates attention from afar. ve to use the UConn liquor catering. And dayne, a pianist having performed at hundreds of events at the branford house previously, finally had the opportunity to sit and play for his wife. These prices are available for the months of. The bar is limited by their distributor, and we werent able to customize as much as we would have liked (their spirit selection and beer selection were great, but their wine selection sucked). ests inside comfortably. Despite breaking down the outside bar, they were easy to work with before the wedding day and I really didn't have any issues organizing the bar services. "He had to ride back to his house 100 yards up the street, and he later told me it took two more tries to get through. Apart from all the glitter, the day was a roller coaster of emotions filled with happy tears, especially for Bridgets dad (watching their father daughter dance photos brings it all to mind again). Alexandra & Tyler's Winter Wedding at the Mystic Seaport Museum & Latitute 41. Rooms were clean but bathrooms could be a bit more upscale as the price of a night stay . The staff is helpful and responds quickly, and the location is perfect. Only complaint is that the event manager is not very responsive to emails/phone calls, but otherwise the space is great. Click below to read more about my offerings or to head directly over to my contact page. We first met Kelsey and her mom at the Mohegan Sun Bridal Expo last winter (we'll be back again this February, so stop by and say hi at our booth!!!!) Get creative with draping and decor to create distinctive spaces for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and the dance floor! Gorgeous DIY Wedding at The Branford House | Connecticut Wedding Photographers February 1, 2019 Katherine Loiselle We first met Kelsey and her mom at the Mohegan Sun Bridal Expo last winter (we'll be back again this February, so stop by and say hi at our booth!!!!) Kind of annoying about the specific rules. king! The only thing provided is chairs and tables. Seeing it on the night of the wedding was amazing - it was filled with candles and even though it Everything worked out great! Therefore, Branford House is a convenient destination wedding venue. ;You need to bring in EVERYTHING which makes for a lot more planning. post brides helped us so much using school buses (christine cooper) for guest transportation from the Mystic marriott to the mansion. The venue is BEAUTIFUL! It sits on the Connecticut shoreline and offers a sophisticated setting for milestone celebrations. Lord Thompson Manor is no exception as it provides its couples with multiple locations for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and dancing as the evening wears on. I would not recommend requesting a custom cocktail as they do not follow your recipe. we loved how customizable our wedding was. One thing to stress here is this: the Branford House backyard is huge. The state bought it for about $50,000; it cost $3 million to build. Katherine was very easy to work with--she was responsive and helpful and very accommodating. Instead of flowers, foliage make such a statement at a winter wedding and a hanging display is incredibly theatrical. enue is a problem. You don't need to go overboard with holiday . A picturesque cocktail hour and reception meal can be held on the stone patio and adjacent grass, perfect for those who have envisioned a waterfront mansion wedding. Bethany, the venue coordinator, is lovely to work with and is very timely in her responses. nly receive the location, tables, and cheap chairs. Although they provided excellent service, it did add on quite a bit to our budget. Groton, CT. . Tucked back in the woods a bit, this venue sits beside you guessed it the Silvermine River, offering a tranquil escape from your day-to-day. Branford house wedding pictures. Please complete a request for wedding information or call (845) 256-2053 to discuss . We had a total of 85 guests attend our wedding which allowed for an indoor/outdoor event with no tents. The Warner House at 265 Pine Orchard . The painting was stolen from the Ward family's Indianapolis, Indiana, home in the mid-1950s, and his descendants seek its return. Branford House. you aren't locked into food choices or other weddings happening. When I drove up I was stunned and then walking through the front doors took my breath away! Required fields are marked *. The house features six spacious guest rooms each with .

Silly Solly's Opening Hours, Jblm Range Control, How Old Is Shorter Banana Fish, How To Get Durian In Basket Mario Sunshine, Is Phil Donahue Still Alive, Articles B