video soul sherry cartervideo soul sherry carter

It primarily showcased R&B/Soul and Hip-Hop music videos. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, the new series also has more hip-hop acts sprinkled in including Pras of The Fugees, Lecrae, Kool Moe Dee, and Yung Joc. Resides in Columbus, OH. Many people don't understand that back in Music Video's early years, you just didn't see Black videos on MTV unless it was Michael Jackson and that here, you could see all the new fresh up and coming artists. 23 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest Freddie Jackson Spring, 1989, @Video Soul Vol. The album is a cover album of R&B and soul songs, and his second cover album following We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions (2006). Big Daddy Kane - Feels Like Another One (Video clip), Nia Peeples - Street Of Dreams (Video clip), Bob Marley - I Shot The sheriff (Video clip), Jimmy Hendrix - Are You Experiented (Video clip), Bell Biv Devoe - Word To The Mutha (Video clip), Brand New Heavies feat. 35 - Host Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter+ Chuckii Booker 1992, Maxi Priest - Groovin' In The Midnight (Video clip), Arrested Development - Revolution (Video clip), Kris Kross - I Missed The Bus (Video clip), Shanice - Saving Forever For Me (Video clip), Christopher Williams - All I See (Video clip), Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (Video clip), Prince & The New Power Generation - My Name is Prince (Video clip), Howard Hewitt - Save Your Sex For Me (Video clip), @Video Soul Vol. ), Mary J Blige - Take Me As I Am r (4:10 min. During the height of Video Souls success, the program garnered interviews from R&Bs finest. The original hostess was Robin Breedon, but the most well-known host was Sherry Carter from 1989 until 1992, when she moved on to co-host Video Soul from 1992-1996). 07 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest Brand New Heavies 1991 Vanessa Williams - Running Back To You (Video clip), Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart (Video clip), Lenny Kravitz - Stand By My Woman (Video clip), Patti Labelle feat. El DeBarge - All Throught The Night (Video clip), Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down (Video clip), Ready For The World - Can He Do It Like This (Video clip), Jeff Lorber feat. Read all Stars Donnie Simpson Sherry Carter Angela Stribling Video Soul is live and free on #Tubi right now.. 24 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest Keith Washington 11/91, Keith Washington - Make Time For Love (Video Clip), @Video Soul Vol. Donnie Simpson, radio personality and host of Video Soul, made the announcement on Wednesday (Sept. 29) on Twitter. 1940 CARSWELL AVE LACKLAND AFB, TX 78236. Perfect City (Music Video), Twin-Sister Duo Elvee Releases Visuals For Jealousy, Thee Phantom & The Illharmonic Orchestra Performs T.R.O.Y. In 1992, Carter was tapped to co-host the BET flagship program, Video Soul, with Donnie Simpson after his former co-host, Sheila Banks, moved to This Week in Black Entertainment . One thing I resisted, however, was their attempts to introduce me to hip hop and R&B. If you loved "The Rules for Being Human" attributed to "Anonymous" in the bestseller Chicken Soup for the Soul, you're in luck.The author--corporate trainer Chrie Carter-Scott, Ph.D.--has stepped forward and written a follow-up book: If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules.This book, "a basic spiritual primer for what it means to be a human," discusses each of the 10 rules (e.g., "There are . 03 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest George Howard 1991, Sybil feat. E.T., Monday through Thursdays. Video Soul: 1981: Hostess, Veejay (1992-1996) TV Show: Discussions Have your say Be the first to make a comment >> Recommended Recommended. What we do know, however, is that Donnie is tickled pink for its return and suddenly so are we. The longtime host tweeted that he has been waiting for the return of the hit show for 25 years. There It Is (Video clip), Tony, Toni, Tone - If I Had No Loot (Video clip), @Video Soul Vol. In 1992, Carter was tapped to co-host the BET flagship program, Video Soul, with Donnie Simpson after his former co-host, Sheila Banks, moved to This Week in Black Entertainment.Carter held this position until 1997. Your current browser isn't compatible with SoundCloud. View the profiles of professionals named "Sherry Carter" on LinkedIn. It was more than just a TV show to me. That Blackness was not one thing, but, rather, many things. - Hey There Pretty Lady (Video clip), Alexander O'Neal - Aphrodisia (Video clip), Hi-Five - Unconditional Love (Video clip), Raven - Symone - That's What Little Girls Are Made Of (Video clip), @Video Soul Vol. This show did for me what I imaged it did for many others around the country: it humanized the artists it featured while showcasing the best in Black music. Check resumes and CV, arrest records, places of employment, publications, work history, social media profiles, public records, photos and videos and skilled experts . All Rights Reserved. Tramain Hawkins - Don't Pass Me By (Video clip), En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) (Video clip), Atlantic Starr - Masterpiece (Video clip), Video Soul Vol. Sherry Carter is an American cable television personality who is best known for her work on the BET network during the 1990s and early 2000s. Episode aired 1992; My dad was not in the picture and my mom was dead set on making sure I did not end up in prison like he did. They werent wrongbut the show taught me so much more. Lorenzo Smith: With Sherry Carter, Lorenzo Smith. Simpson's voice is now heard daily in the DMV on WMMJ on The Donnie Simpson Show, which airs in the afternoons from 3 to 7 pm. Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated? Download Millions Of Videos Online. Simpson's voice is now heard daily in the DMV on WMMJ on The Donnie Simpson Show, which airs in the afternoons from 3 to 7 pm. Lorenzo Smith. In a surprise announcement from Simpson himself on Wednesday (Sept. 29), Video Soulhas officially been rebooted. Unheard Voices mission is to counteract the cycle of negative stereotypes about people of color in the media, cultivate thought provoking pieces, and to foster conversations on policing within black and brown communities. Watch "What Happened To BET's Sherry Carter | Video Soul Host" on YouTube | The misterman's take # Brand new heavies dream on dreamer. 38 - Host Donnie Simpson 1994, Earth, Wind & Fire - Spend The Night (Video clip), Mint Condition - U Send Me Swingin (Video clip), Maze featuring Frankie Beverly - The Morning After (Video clip), Ralph Tresvant - Who's The Mack (Video clip), Aretha Franklin - Pride A Deeper Love (Video clip), Here and Now - Tastin'Love Again (Video Clip), Video Soul Vol. It showed me who I was and who I could be. There was also the USA Channel, which showed all the horror movies I enjoyed on the weekends. Bonus: 3 performances of Minnie Riperton from Soul Train's 1979 tribute show. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Frankie Beverly - What Goes Up (Video clip), Will Downing - Do You Still Love Me (Live performances), Will Downing - Break Up To Make Up (Live performances), Mint Condition - You Send Me Swingin (Video clip), Video Soul Vol. Video Soul was more than a show to me. Throughout its run, Sherry Carter hosted unseen when she became a host for Video Soul in 1992. Please download one of our supported browsers. Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner (Video clip), Digital Underground - Same Song (Video clip), Keith Sweat - I'll Give All My Love To You (Video clip), Bell Biv Devoe - When Will I See You Smile Again (Video clip), Johnny Gill - Wrap My Body Tight (Video clip), Loose Ends - Don't Be A Fool (Video clip), The Boys - Thing Called Love (Video clip), Kool Skool - You Can't Buy My Love (Video clip), Whitney Houston - All The Man I Need (Video clip), Video Soul Vol. Thats why I wanted to get Black Entertainment Television. Jussie Smolletts directoral debut of B-Boy Blues to air on BET Plus, 13-year-old Sinzae Reed was fatally shot by neighbor who walked free, Family to sell Bruces Beach property back to LA County for $20 million, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Revokes Membership Of Three Memphis Officers Involved In Tyre Nichols Death, Five Memphis police officers charged over death of Tyre Nichols, Family Searching for Answers After Lawyer Is Killed While Traveling in Chile, Copyright 2023 Unheard Voices Magazine , The Daily Show with Trevor Noah returns to a live audience and discusses Ketanji Brown Jackson's confirmation, Newark native Michael B. Jordan receives Hollywood star, VFWS 2022-2023 Citizenship Education Teacher Award Competition, 14-year-old dies after reported stabbing outside Paterson East Side High School, Kindergarten teacher found dead in Kearny, Kids Create for Change, Making a Difference in Red Bank, MISTAH F.A.B. The latest music videos, short movies, tv shows, funny and extreme videos. Video Soul, a quintessential television show that highlighted emerging R&B and soul music artists, is returning after 25 years. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Simpson didn't reveal any other details than that, but that's enough to get us excited about the return of the iconic series that brought interviews, music videos and performances from the hottest R&B, soul and hip-hop artists into our homes nightly back in the day. @Video Soul Vol. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Com podcast Watch "Morning, Noon & Night - Bite Your Granny" on YouTube Watch "What Happened To BET's Sherry Carter | Video Soul Host" on YouTube Posted on 2021-09-29 by mistermaxxx08 Share this Twitter 43 - Host Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter with guest Lo-Key? SHERRY D. CARTER PA. I cant tell you how many people over the years have suggested that I bring it back. N'Dea Davenport - Stay this way (Video clip), Arthur Baker & Al Green - Leave The Guns At Home (Video clip), Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman (Video clip), Ashford & Simpson - Found A Cure (Video clip), -Video Soul Vol. Tribute to BET Video Soul with Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter by JoeyMTO Limited Time Offer: Get 50% off the first year of our best annual plan for artists with unlimited uploads, releases, and insights. Sherry Carter relationship list. From 1981 through the mid-90s, Video Soul was a two-hour program that ran on BET and was hosted by Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter. Coming back, baby. 30 - Host Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter with special guest Lorenzo, Wreckx N Effect - Rump Shaker (Video clip), Lo-Key? Mailing Address. "I've been waiting to say this for 25 years now'Video Soul' Is Back!! Menu. 25 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest The Leverts + Monica 1995, Eddy, Sean & Gerald Levert - Take that back, Eddy & Gerald Levert - Wind Beneath My Wings, @Video Soul Vol. It was also known as The Coca-Cola Video Soul Top-20 Countdown, as Coca-Cola became a sponsor of the show. Listen to it when you get home. Intrigued, I sneaked the tape back by hiding it in the pocket of the Trapper Keeper I carried in my book bag. Will Donnie's one-time co-host Sherry Carter be back? Ive been waiting to say this for 25 years nowVideo Soul Is Back!!! It was the place where New Edition reunited at the peak of their internal tension. And Sherri Carter and Sheila Banks? The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". This show made up my teen years and early adult hood. This edition premiered in mid-1992. Co-host of Video Soul. In 2015, he became the first non-musician to . Band - Sometimes I Wonder (Video clip), Johnny Gill - I'm Still Waiting (Video clip), Gladys Knight, Patti Labelle, Dionne Warwick - Super Woman (Video clip), Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Good-Bye To Yesterday (Video clip), Vanessa Williams - Running Back To You (Video clip), Taja Seville - Trouble Having You Near (Video clip), F.S. Video Soul is a twohour long American music video program that originally aired on BET (Black Entertainment Television) from June 26, 1981[3] to September 1996. I was a Black boy coming of age in white, conservative Oklahoma. VIDEO SOUL ULTIMATE COLLECTION 1989-1994 (45 DVD'S), Video Soul Vol. 184 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from 'sherrycarter' hashtag Heavy D - Alright (Video clip), Melba Moore & Friends - Lift Every Voice And Sing (Video clip), Smokey Robinson - Same Ole Love (Video clip), George Howard - Shower You With Love (Video clip), Miki Howard - Until You Come Back To Me (Video clip), Barbara Weathers - The Master Key (Video clip), Video Soul Vol. Sherry Carter wiki ionformation include family relationships: spouse or partner (wife or husband); siblings; childen/kids; parents life. The first six episodes of the new Video Soul are currently airing for free on Tubi. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Video Soul (1981)as Hostess / Veejay (1992-1996), Made You Look: Top 25 Moments of BET History (2005)as Herself, Your email address will not be published. 41 - Host Donnie Simpson 1992, Freddie Jackson - I Could Use A Little Love (Video clip), Chante' Moore - Love's Taken Over (Video clip), Lisa Stansfield - A Little More Love (Video clip), Rachelle Ferrell - Till You Come Back To Me (Video clip), Gary Brown - Somebody's Been Sleeping In My Bed (Video clip), Miki Howard - Ain't Nobody Like You (Video Clip), David Black - It's My Nature (Video clip), Charlie Wilson - Sprung On Me (Video clip), @Video Soul Vol. Effect feat. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Salt & Pepa - Crazy 4 U (Video clip), Tyler Collins - Girls Night Out (Video clip), Family Stand - Ghetto Heaven (Video clip), Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance (Video clip), Whistle - Always And Forever (Video clip), Quincy Jones feat. The post also included the trailer for the new Video Soul. 33 - Host Donnie Simpson, Part 2 with Special guest Brenda Russell 1990 (total time 47 min. Known for movies Video Soul (1981) as Hostess / Veejay (1992-1996) "That's right, Donnie's back! Unheard Voices is a family initiative that started in Neptune/Long Branch NJ as a newsletter to now blossoming into an award-winning internationally recognized online media communications company. It was the winter of 1992, so that meant that Boyz II Mens End of The Road would probably win, but I held out hope that Bobby Browns Humpin Around would beat them. The New Edition Story dug up a lot of history on the group that many had forgotten and it seems that fights the gentlemen had 'in real life' were epic. Location Address. 22 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest Aaron Hall March 1992, Aaron Hall - Don't Be Afraid (Video Clip), @Video Soul Vol. Includes Address (11) Phone (11) Email (14) See Results. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Christopher Williams - I Wanna B U'er Lover (Video clip), Danny Madden - Facts Of Life (Video clip), Lonnie Gordon - Gonna Catch you (Video clip), @Video Soul Vol. That platform was Video Soul, a two-hour program that ran on BET and was hosted by Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter. This edition premiered in mid 1992. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. @Video Soul Vol. 42- Host Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter with Gary Brown 1992, Tracy Chapman - Bang, Bang, Bang (Video clip), By All Means - The Feeling I Get (Video clip), Shomari - If You Feel The Need (Video clip), Gary Brown - Don't Make Me Beg Tonight (Video clip), Mint Condition - Forever In Your Eyes (Video clip), The Isley Brothers - Sensitive Lover (Video clip), El DeBarge feat. 2023 Vibe Media, LLC. Sherry Carter news, gossip, photos of Sherry Carter, biography, Sherry Carter boyfriend list 2022. Video Soul was one of the most popular Black music programs during its long run on BET. Sleek spring sweatersThese dupes are the price of the iconic sweater, but still as sleek as a slicked-back bun and hoops. Frankie Beverly - The Morning After (Video clip), Lords Of The Underground - Here Come The Lords (Video clip), Keith Washington - Believe that (Video clip), Will Downing - Do You Still Love Me (Video clip), Mary J. Blige - You Don't Have To Worry (Video clip), Bell Biv Devoe - Show Me The Way (Video clip), Prince feat. 16 - Host Sherry Carter 1994, Salt N Pepa with En Vogue - Whatta Man (Video clip), Michael Jackson - Gone Too soon (Video clip), Maze feat. Your email address will not be published. 18 - Host Donnie Simpson, episode dedicated to Miles Davis 1991, Crystal Waters - Makin' Happy (Video clip), The Sounds Of Blackness - The Pressure Pt.1 (Video clip), DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Ring My Bell (Video clip), Whitney Houston feat. Only the Strong Survive is the twenty-first studio album by Bruce Springsteen, released on November 11, 2022, through Columbia Records. It was my way into the wider world of Blackness. Video Soul By Request was a two-hour long video block on Saturdays. Required fields are marked *. It was announced on September 29, 2022, along with the release of "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)", a cover of the song by Frank . Includes Address (11) Phone (5) Email (1) See Results. Redeem Now Pause Tribute to BET Video Soul with Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter JoeyMTO 1 year ago R&B & Soul 2,943 100 3 Joey MTO 1,435 67 Watch Donnie's big announcement about DS Video Soul then get nostalgic when you peep an iconic Video Soul interview clip with the one and only Bobby Brownfrom 1989. Video Soul did for me what radio could not. Video Soul is live and free on #Tubi right now.https://t.co/jrHxQR748j pic.twitter.com/syAxrTbW3v, Donnie Simpson (@DonnieSimpson) September 29, 2021. It might be April 1st, but this is not an April Fool's Day joke. Sherry Carter. Title Year Status Character; Video LP: 1986: TV Series: Host (1989-1994) Video Soul: 1981: TV Series: Hostess / Veejay (1992-1996) Self . Subscribe In 1986, BET introduced "Video LP featuring Sherry Carter as the first female VJ. Revival [ edit] Donnie Simpson planned to bring back the program in 2019. What Happened To BET's Sherry Carter | Video Soul Host Terry Swoope Videos 504K subscribers Subscribe 3K Share 106K views 1 year ago My commentary video on the former BET host Sherry. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Movie News India Movie Spotlight. Black Musicians Are Not A Monolith: An Interview with Bartees Strange. - Why Me Baby (Video clip), Chaka Khan - Love You All My Lifetime (Video clip), Prince - Money Don't Matter 2 Night (Video clip), Glen Jones - Here I Go Again (Video clip), BeBe & CeCe Winans - It's O.K. 09 - Host Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter, guest Toni Tony Tone, Shaquille O'Neal - I Know I Got Skillz (Video clip), Lords Of The Underground - Here come The Lords (Video clip), Tony Toni Tone - Anniversary (Video clip), Jody Watley - Your Love Keeps Working On Me (Video clip), Bobby Brown & Whitney Houston - Something In Common (Video clip), Babyface - Never Keeping Secrets (Video clip), Freddie Jackson - Make Love Easy (Video clip), Tevin Campbell - Can We Talk? If I was not home, I would set my VCR to record it. 21 - Host Melvin Lindsey and Sherry Carter, guest Mavis Staples 1993, Mavis Staples - 20th Century Express (Video clip), Mavis Staples - Time Waits For No One (Video clip), Mavis Staples - Come Together (Live performance), Mavis Staples - Show Me When The Rains Comes (Live performance), Mavis Staples - Blood Is Thicker Than Time (Video clip), The Staple Singers - Respect Yourself & I'LL Take You There (Live on R&R Hall Of Fame), Mavis Staples - Have A Little Faith (Live performance), Mavis Staples - I''ll Take You There (Live performance on Flip Wilson), Mavis Staples - I'll Take You There (Live on 47th Grammy Awards), @Video Soul Vol. Sherry Carter is known for Video Soul (1981), Lyrically Speaking (1994) and Video LP (1986). The new series even adds a twist, highlighting hip-hop acts such as Kool Moe Dee, Yung Joc, and Lecrae. Sherrie L Carter, 46. Sherry Carter is an American cable television personality who is best known for her work on the BET network during the 1990s and early 2000s. Discover our featured content. Sherry L Carter, 73. 01 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest Gladys Knight 1991, Gladys Knight & The Pips - Save The Overtime (Video clip), Gladys Kight - I Will Survive (live performances), Dionne Warwick & Friends - That's What Friends Are For (Video clip), Third Base - Pop Goes The Weasel (Video clip), Commercial for Teddy Pendergrass new song - I Find Everything In You, Christopher Williams - I'm Dreamin' (Video clip), Tracie Spencer - Tender Kisses (Video clip), Keith Washington - Are You Still In Love With Me (Video clip), James Ingram - Remember The Dream (Video clip), Brand New Heavies - Never Stop (Video clip), Stevie Wonder - Gotta Have You (Video clip), @Video Soul Vol. Left Eye - How Do You Like It (Video clip), Will Downing - Love's A Place To Be (Live performances), Maze feat. 20 - Host Donnie Simpson, guest Bernadette Cooper and Teena Marie 1990 Janet Jackson - Black Cat (Video clip), Quincy Jones featuring various artist including - Siedah Garrett, Big Daddy Kane, Tevin Campbell, James Ingram, Karen White, Al B. At that time, every Friday, Video Soul would do a countdown of the 20 hottest songs in the country. For her, R&B and hip hop were not allowed in the house. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. It was my way into the wider world of Blackness. Take a look at what we are now missing because BET has chosen to air music video programs . Trending. as well. The interview was reconstructed during Part 3 of 'The New . All Information about Sherry Carter Provider Name. 124 people named Sherry Carter found in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point and 14 other cities. I gathered my things as quickly as I could. Sherry Carter. (Video clip), Hammer feat. A Tribute to the very bestBET Video Soul with Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter. My cousin Dionte brought a tape down homethe name we affectionately called my grandmothers house at the timeand he gave me a tape and said, Youll like this. Madelyne Woods also served as hostess for a short time.[2]. ), Brenda Russell - Kiss Me With The Wind (Video clip), Caron Wheeler - Living In The Light (Video clip), Monnie Love - Monnie In The Middle (Video clip), Stanley Clark & George Duke feat. I felt that the group from Philly was a little too sappy for my taste, and since Jodeci was my way into Black music, I have always preferred music that had an edge, so the dude from Boston was right up my alley. Now THAT was a music video show. N'Dea Davenport - Never Stop (Video clip), Brand New Heavies feat. Monie Love - My Name is Not Susan (Video clip), Heavy D. & The Boyz - Is It Good To You (Video clip), S.O.S. 06 - Host Donnie and Sherri, guest Will Downing 1994, R. Kelly - Your Body's Callin (Video clip), Janet Jackson - Because Of Love (Video clip), Sudden Change - Comin' On Strong (Video clip), Keith Sweat feat. My cousins had told me about the show. The family will receive friends from5-7 p.m. Sunday, May 11 at Munford Funeral Home Millington Chapel. But the real reason I wanted cable was channel 50 in Oklahoma City: Black Entertainment Television. 14 - Host Donnie Simpson 1992, Chubb Rock - Just The Two Of Us (Video clip), Cherrelle - You Look Good To Me (Video clip), Luther Vandross - Stop To Love (Video clip), Oaktown's 3.5.7 - It's Not Your Money (Video clip), Tevin Campbell - Tell Me What You Want Me To Do (Video clip), Boyz II Men - Uhh, Ahh (The Sequel) (Video clip), Keith Sweat - Keep It Coming (Video clip), Vanessa Williams - Comfort Zone (Video clip), Terence Trent Drby - Wishing Well (Video clip), Digital Underground - Kiss You Back (Video clip), Tone Loc feat. When music was so good. The show featured interviews of prominent recording artists and showcased R&B, soul, hip-hop, go-go, and popular music videos of black artists. The 65-year-old green-eyed legend has been out of retirement since 2015 when he popped back up on local D.C. radio after being let go from WPGC in 2010. Need help? In response to the news, fans tweeted, this was just what the culture needed. During the height ofVideo Souls success, the program garnered interviews from R&Bs finest. I told them I would & today its official. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Structural Info Filmography Known for movies Video Soul (1981) as Hostess / Veejay (1992-1996) Video LP (1986) as Host (1989-1994) Made You Look: Top 25 Moments of BET History (2005) as Herself Source Video Soul By Request was a two-hour long video block on Saturdays. That's why I rushed home that day. All. 39 - Host Donnie Simpson, Sherry Carter & Lo-Key?, Fu Schnickens 1993 Earth, Wind & Fire - After The Love is Gone (Video clip), Maze feat. We want to hear from you! The reason I wanted BET so badly could be summed up in two words: Video Soul. Simpson made the surprise announcement that the 2-hour long show is officially coming back. I poured over the artists that were featured on the show. Host of "Video LP" Carter first received national recognition in her career . 2022 SoulBounce.com a division of Kimberly Shines Media, LLC. Patra and Terri & Monica - Family Affair (Video clip), Chantay Savage - Betcha'll Never Find (Video clip), Shaquille O'Neal - Outstanding (Video clip), Keith Washington - Believe That (Video clip), @Video Soul Vol. It was the beginning of me learning how beautiful it was to be Black, and that was a lesson I never forgot. Sherry Lynn Carter, 55. [8] The expanded two-hour long primetime version premiered on June 26, 1983 and aired from 9 to 11p.m. Themes included: One aspect of Video LP to which viewers always looked forward was the outfit that Carter or Woods wore during an episode. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. GHANA SESSION WITH DR. CLARENCE B. JONES, PERSONAL COUNSEL AND FRIEND TO DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. Special Video Conference with Dr. Clarence Benjamin Jones: Featuring Questions from Asbury Park High School and the Solid Rock Foundation School in Ghana, Ghana Session: Celebrating Black History Month with Wilbur V. Martin, Ghana Session: Ghanas Military History with special guests Ken Hagemann and Claude A. Jones, Project Ghana 2022: Special Guest Krishna Martes, Legislative Aide to the Office of Senator Gopal, Missin Peace holds officers accountable with national police misconduct database, Leonard Coleman: Alabama Man Serving Life For Murder Fighting For Exoneration, Law student goes missing after leaving NYC bar, 3 rappers missing for days since Detroit performance was canceled, New Jersey Couple Has Been Missing For Two Weeks, Houston real estate investor found dead after he was last seen stumbling out of bar 13 days ago. Black News and Black Views with a Whole Lotta Attitude. Clark Atlanta Baseball player Jatonne Sterling fatally shot, Former Sweetie Pies star Tim Norman sentenced to life, 12-year-old boy dies after he collapsed during football practice, Florida rapper charged with killing pregnant girlfriend 3 days after he was acquitted of double murder, Three missing rappers reportedly found dead at a Michigan apartment building, Robert Glasper Turned Chris Browns Grammy Insult Into a Charity Opportunity, Hovain Hylton, Beloved Music Manager and Mogul, Passes Away, Salt-N-Pepa To Be Honored With Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, Rapper Chad Watson Is Poised To Become LAs Next Rising Star. From 1992 until the show came to an end, we had a running bet on what video would be in that #1 spot. & Jade - All Through The Night (Video clip), Earth, Wind & Fire - Sunday Morning (Video clip), Oleta Adams - I Just Had To Hear Your Voice (Video clip), Jazzy Jeff & Freash Prince - Boom Shake The Room (Video clip), Kriss Kross feat. Sherry Carter is an American cable television personality who is best known for her work on the BET network during the 1990s and early 2000s. Sherry Carter in North Carolina. 05 - Host Donnie and Sherry, guest Keith Sweat 1992, Prince & The New Power Generation - My Name Is Prince (Video clip), Mr. Lee feat. All Rights Reserved. ..even if you miss, you will still be among the stars. In a surprise announcement from Simpson himself on Wednesday (Sept. 29),. I no longer had to rely on my cousins to tell me what was fresh, I was able to see it myself. Throughout its run, it was responsible for surprise guests, bringing groups/bands back together, memorable interviews, etc. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Simpson has kept busy in the 25-year hiatus of Video Soul, hosting his nationally syndicated radio show The Donnie Simpson Show for over three decades. Will the new show be filmed in Washington, D.C.? Sherry Carter body measurments, height, weight and age details. Related To Madante Carter, Stephen Carter, Steven Carter, , Kimberly Carter. This was definitely one of the few shows on BET where the fashion sense of the hostess / wardrobe stylist was prominent. She is a native of Cleveland, Ohio, and graduated from Miami University in Ohio in 1981 with a degree in Theatre Arts. I was raised in a very conservative household. Beloved radio and television personalityDonnie Simpson has already made his return to the airwaves, and now he's announced that he's bringing something else back: Video Soul. Two years later, the program eventually premiered on Tubi. . (Video clip), Mary J. Blige - Love No Limit (Video clip), Will Downing - There's No Living Without You (Video clip), Tene Williams - Give Him A Love That He Can Feel (Video clip), Tina Turner - I Don't Wanna Fight (Video clip), Jodeci - Let's Go Through The Motions (Video clip), Tag Team - Whoomp!

Better Discord Mobile Ios, Vienna Elementary School Principal, Tim Commerford Mountain Bike, Articles V