tommy armour silver scot forged ironstommy armour silver scot forged irons

The sale left the new ownership somewhat leveraged and U.S. Industries had Tommy Armour on its shortlist of assets to sell off to help recoup some of its new debt. It brought back a lot of memories. Pat. . Youd think those numbers 8-4-5 represent a math formula or weighting ratio or some such other technical wizardry and was inspired by focus-group input and approval. Its clearly an 845 promo. Sports Authority was no golf authority, however. These aren't the Colokroms although I have recently bought a set of Tommy Armour 945 Colokroms. Sadly it also embraces the ptifalls of overnight success, there is never a first time homerun. Gloves; Tees; Towels; Divot Tools; Ball Markers; Training & Aids . Would it surprise you to learn the man who designed the Tommy Armour 845s started out teaching high-school English? The bad news is an old business truism that says manufacturers rely on new products for long-term, sustainable growth. MGS has been spitting out things for a long time. Now, if the club has cracks, a loose insert, the wood is proud around the insert, loose whipping, or the finish is gone, I wouldn't hit it with any ball unless I didn't care about it. (Starters were Vinnie Giles, Jimmy Gabrielson, Billy Womak,, David Boyd, Jimmy Allen, Jack Oliver and the list goes on. Hope the rest of the Christmas shopping went well . anybody have this expierance?? For some, the name will bring back fond memories of a long-lost love; for others, it will be just another store-brand club at a big-box retailer. Wow! I would rate them an 8 on a scale of 10. moreso than the mx-23? When I saw Freddy and Calcavecchia gaming these things, I knew I had to switch to the 845s. . Another , what night have been golf company. They were a great set. I don't hit range rocks or Pinnacles with mine, but have hit the Bridgestone B330 RXS (supposedly designed for slower swing speeds). I saw Jim Gallagher use this model at the Belfry Ryder Cup I had this idea that the one day events on the Golden State Tour were the most profitable and Central Florida had none.. So we incorporated the cavity back on the long and mid-irons and, at the 8-iron, we segued into the traditional profile youd see in a Wilson Staff or a MacGregor.. At the time was an x 100 player. AND still own TWO (2) Nickent Pipe putters. Tommy Armour Atomic Irons R/H stiff 4-AW, 845 Driver 10.5 regular flex. The Central Florida Golf Tour was founded in 1989. If youve been paying even a little attention, it doesnt take high-level editorial or business-specific insight to say the golf industry has changed over the past 30 years. Great piece of history. Post your items for free Local pickup Buy Cheap or Sell Second Hand Iron sets easily with Yomla. Fantastic article! Mike Furyk (Jims dad) was my first salesman in Philadelphia and Jim Greer was my rep in Chicago. Nike Japan Forged Blade MB 3-P / DG S300 (S) Flex (8x Pieces) Excellent Cond. By $140.00. Where can i get these? Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro That both companies were relative bargains should have been a warning. Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged irons 7-pw 4 irons GRH, Rifle 5.5 Shafts Local pick up or postage can be arranged . The company squeezed every last dollar out of those sticks, too, selling more than 660,000 sets over that time. But they always loved selling clubs. Read John John is an aging, yet avid golfer, writer, 9-point-something handicapper living back home in New England after a 22-year exile in Minnesota. Great piece of journalism. It was a good club but as noted in the article, wasnt supported by the retailers.. Great article! I have studied and still use as a reference the Jim Kaplan MacGregor and Wilson golf history catalogs. 1995 was the beginning of the end for Tommy Armour, even though it didnt look that way. I've heard there is a book/catalog out there showing the clubs thru the years??? Tommy Armour Silver Scot Forged Irons 3-PW right hand standard length and lie with the Rifle 5.0 Factory Flighted Shafts and like new Grips. . Plain and simple. We shook hands and had a terrific run until Mike Magerman CEO of Odyssey bought the company. Sports Complete Line (ca. Swung those irons (stiff graphite shafts) for 10 years before I realized I couldnt anymore, and mostly because my swing slowed and the technology got so much better. About eBay; Announcements; Community; Security Center; Seller Center . 7.7k. I have a few sets on M85's. Great read and I really appreciate you sharing a little history of this great game with all of us. 207. Theyd also show the 845 and the customers would say, Im only going to stock one club, do you want it to be the 845 or the EQL? The sales reps were no idiots. Add .50" to shown length for graphite lengths. I played Celebration and Falcons Fire( twice each). GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, Tuesday at 04:47 PM, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 20, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 13, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 6, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, January 31, By November 25, 2014. iacas, December 31, 2017 Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750. I played the 845s for several years and still own the set. Once again, John Barba and My Golf Spy, providing the best most in-depth golf writing you will find anywhere! Traded them for my first set of forged Hogan Edges and always regretted it (even though Ive never stopped playing forged since). Loved these clubs as my first real players clubs (as opposed to some unknown Northwestern or Sportmart Mizuno set). What a great club in the 90 s . We found +57,254 Used and New deals on Iron sets in Harrisburg, PA! AKA as beating me. iacas, January 26, 2020 If they crack it wouldn't be a big loss. You are looking at a used VINTAGE SET of MENS RIGHT handed 354616939982. or 4 . Before we developed the tooling, I went to a club in Chicago Sunset Ridge, he said. Saw these offered for around $150 free shipping and thought I'd give them a try before I spent $1000 or more on Mizuno or Miura. Cast from 431 stainless steel with a thin L-shape face insert (to assist shots struck low), steel weighting with tungsten . Very Collectible and rare. You are looking at a used VINTAGE SET of MENS RIGHT handed 354616939982 . That was the good news. tmdj1234 Came across a 5-Gw 7 club set of these with the blue insignia that was barely played and sat for years, grips and shafts are like new, Mid Launch 6.0 rifles with all the perfect labels. single, replacement or add-on golf irons and wedges for TommyArmour 845s SILVER SCOT Irons. Shop with Afterpay on eligible items. If you have a super high swing speed, any ball can be a problem. Year 2006 ; Brand Tommy Armour; Head Weight . Pat. What a well written and well researched article. Great article, on great irons. They are a pleasure to play with and if I had to thin out my clubs ,They would be one of three sets that would.make the cut even though I have several top shelf sets of much more expensive clubs. It seems nearly every golfer has a story involving the original Tommy Armour Silver Scot 845s. WE compared 4 irons and the length and sole were pretty much the same. Driver. #4. Spec-wise, the 845s featured a 36-degree 7-iron and light swing weights ranging from C9 to D1 in stiff flex. That was the weighting concept. NEW RH Cobra LTDX Iron Set Steel REG-5-G. Ben Hogan APEX PC 3-E Iron Set? A deal was finally struck in July of 85 and, after working out a deal with the Armour family (Tommy Armour died in 1968), PGA Golf officially became the Tommy Armour Golf Company. Ad posted 2 days ago Save this ad . When I think of Tommy Armour 845s .. they were extremely popular and could give any of the pro line club sets of the time a run for their money as they were a excellent iron, Im thinking the 845BC was about $1100.00 with Mitsubishi graphite shafts. Today, a team of engineers working with computers, wind tunnels, robots, and artificial intelligence create new designs and then the marketing gurus figure out whats going to sell and how to sell it. I take them out whenever I feel I hit the ball well and, forged or not, with the Rifle set-up, they are excellent. In February, U.S. Industries bought Odyssey Sports of Carlsbad, CA, (yes, that Odyssey) for $17 million. PS I occasionally still shoot my age or below! WHo cares? And I didnt notice and grammar errors! This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, (your email address will not be published). 845 name with new woods, irons ,Used Tommy Armour ROYAL SCOT 3I-SW Regular Flex Graphite Shaft Iron Sets,tommy armour forged silver scot i Tommy Amour Royal Scot Golf club Set with bag rons 7-pw, . You gotta lotta time on your hands, my man. Just slightly sneaky from a self proclaimed unbiased Truth Digest. I gave my TAs to my oldest son and he still games them today. Single Irons; Putters; Wedges; Fairway Woods/Hybrids; Drivers; Golf Bags; Wanted Tommy Armour Golf Clubs & Equipment Tommy Armour Drivers 845 Forged Persimmon 845 FS Silver Scot 845s HTS Steel 845s Ti Face Ayrtime EVO 300cc EVO 300cc Plus EVO 420cc Hot Scot Hot Scot 855s Ti 100 Tommy Gun Ti . This was the first good set of clubs I ever owned. Thats not surprising since the 845s long irons have been designed for power and accuracy. The only difference is the TA's have a slightly curved topline right to the 3 iron where as the Nike's stopped at the 7. Ive been playing my TA 845s since 1989. I've asked around and heard different views. Love the feel and look of the irons and they play well. Subsequently, PGA-PGA TOUR Properties wanted out of the equipment deal with PGA Golf and spent the better part of the next three years trying to get its name back from Morton Grove. I picked up a new LH 3-PW 6.0 Rifle set of the 2006 TA Silver Scot MB's on e-bay for $152.50 from pro shop warehouse, and I also got a set of the LH heads only 3-6, 8 at their website (www.proshopwarehouse.com) for $40 to do some shaft experimenting with. At that same time, the TearDrop putter company was riding high, thanks to Rudy Slucker. I wonder how much Dicks paid MGS to write this story? My personal history is that I picked up a set of early 845s 3i-PW (pat. MACGREGOR TOMMY ARMOUR V.F.Q. Nothing worse than a neck crack, I fought one of those in my favorite driver for years. Plays: Righty. My first set of cavity back clubs replacing Hogan Apex II. It seems nearly every golfer has a story involving the original Tommy Armour Silver Scot 845s. 2 irons; 3 irons; 4 irons; 5 irons; 6 irons; 7 irons; 8 irons; 9 irons; Pitching Wedges; Gap Wedges; Sand Wedges; . Well, glad you enjoyed it. I haven't noticed the inserts getting nicked or dented, but I think you're right it's not worth messing up a nice piece of wood. The driver has a great look, but I am not sure it performs as well as my Srixon. That, ultimately, is how Sports Authority came to own the Tommy Armour Brand. We had 15 players in our first event, including Teddy Hayes (Senior Tour 1993) Skip Kendall Dickey Pride and Mike Brisky (All three played on the PGA Tour) . I'm glad I did. Powered by Invision Community. You need to write more of these. Fantastic irons, especially for the money. The very first Tommy Armour irons weren't made by Tommy Armour at all, but by MacGregor, and for a very good reason: there was no Tommy Armour company at the time. I happen to know more than I should about MacGregor forged irons of the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's. Thank you for all your help John, and for the kind words. I put a special tri wall shaft in them when I worked at True Temper. Slightly longer than standard player's blades. I saw the force that was applied trying to bend! 2 through Wedge for $20 bucks after trading in the "then very popular" 855's. . in Golf Talk, By Tommy Armour. Our largest event over the 10 year run was the St. Louis Open. It is the only iron I use. $29.99. I swear every other hackers bag had TA or TF irons back then and I still them today every once in a while. TOMMY ARMOUR 845 V25 Forged Blade 3-PW Iron Set RH Stiff Flex Steel. 845 EVO V-25 (Forged) Year 2000; Brand Tommy Armour; Head Weight 254 "C" Dimension 1.130; Basic VCOG . I'm the guy that said they may not be forged. I played each off the second to back tees the first time and each off the tips the second time. I am looking forward to seeing what Dicks does with the new and improved 845s Silver Scots.will they pay homage to their history while embracing newer technology. Still have my 845s. I have a set and heard they were made by MacGregor also. I also loved the chrome finish. Otherwise, you either had the Eye2s or 845sI chose the Eye2s. Great iron, i have never played better. A former assistant professional to me, Jeff Matheson, went into sales for them as well as a former junior golfer of mine, Ted Meyer. Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot Single LH Pitching Wedge TA Steel Shaft GC! But that's to be expected when you sell 660,000 sets over a seven-year period. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. When the 845 came out, the guys just jumped all over it.. I have a set of graphite shafted 845 Ti irons. A lovely rare set of MacGregor Jack Nicklaus JNP Forged Irons 2- SW Reg shafts, newish grips in very good condition, great condition for their age 10 clubs. We continued to run the Tour, but when I got a call from Rudy Zucker threatening to sue us If we continued using the Tommy Armour Tour name. I have been using the cb's now for a few weeks. I realise this a bit of a thread resurrection, but I have just returned from a trip to Orlando with the wife and kids and another family. Huffy, as it turned out, was sinking faster than anyone realized. I still have my set of Nickent irons sitting in the storage locker with a bunch of other old clubs. That's rightyou get a brand new, still-in-the-plastic club to try for two weeks for just $25. I learned so much not only about the 845 but about the DCI Blacks which were the first set of clubs I ever bought.. I also carry PING Gorge Tour Wedges 58 through 47 degrees, and Callaway FT-iz hybrids 30 through 21 degrees, and a PING I-25 Driver in 9.5 degrees.

Hamilton County Sheriff, Who Killed Fbg Brick, Articles T