lonnie simmons total experiencelonnie simmons total experience

Several reports have surfaced regarding the passing of legendary producer, songwriter and record label executive Lonnie Simmons, best known for his role in the emergence of The Gap Band, has died, causes unknown. Thealbum would become the bands second No. Shake was the first of many smashes that the Gap Band recorded for Simmons label; in 1979 and the early- to mid-80s, the trio was huge thanks to a string of major hits that also included I Dont Believe You Want to Get Up and Dance (Oops), Steppin Out, Burn Rubber, Humpin, You Dropped a Bomb on Me, Early in the Morning, Outstanding, and Party Train.. Spencer Dinwiddie continues to play pretty well, I don't love the matchup but he's going to look like a nice mid-range point guard option in this one. Vegas Total: 228.5 Vegas Spread: Bos -11.0 Starting with the Nets, Ben Simmons will be out in this one, but he's essentially their third-string center right now, so I don't think it entirely matters. By comparison, Burn Rubber had smaller chart numbers as a single (only No. Heres a ranking of the biggest hits of Lonnie Simmons career as producer, writer, or label owner, based on the songs performances on the Billboard Hot Soul Singles chart (now called the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart): Also, please see this touching personal tribute by the man who created the Total Experience logo, Mohammed Mubarak. 1 and reaching No. Burn Rubber on Me (Why You Wanna Hurt Me), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Total_Experience_Records&oldid=1034261231, Articles with MusicBrainz label identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, 1977 as Total Experience Productions, label launched in 1981, This page was last edited on 18 July 2021, at 20:43. Lonnie Henry Simmons Obituary With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Lonnie Henry Simmons (Charlotte, North Carolina), who passed away on May 8, 2021 at the age of 84. But thanks to Simmons, the Gap Bands fortunes improved considerably in 1979, when Total Experience Records put out the groups third album. 4 soul; No. Rogers signed with Lonnie Simmons' Total Experience Records (the Gap Band, Yarbrough and Peoples) and the LP Love, Music & Life was issued in 1977. Yeah lol after coming back from a Knee injury, the chasedown block to Bridges in Game 1, two 40 point games in game 2 and 3, the block in Game 4 and the Valley oop in Game 5 I was like Imagine this dude dropping 50 pts and 100% from the FT line in Game 6 and Giannis just go drop 50pts 17/19 FT and those 5 blocks lol thats just ridiculous straight up fiction like plot lol. As a composer, he co-wrote several #1 R&B songs for his label's major acts, The Gap Band and Yarbrough and Peoples. Parte fundamental de Total Experience. The Gap Band released 4 albums: Gap Band VI, Gap Band VII, Gap Band 8, and Straight from the Heart before moving on to Capitol Records in 1989. 9.97 ACRES. When they released The Gap Band II late in 1979, a song Simmons co-wrote with the Wilson brothers, "Oops Up Side Your Head", not only matched the success of "Shake" on the R&B charts, reaching #4 also, but exceeded it by propelling the album to over half-a-million in sales. He took all their money and credit for songs!! Lonnie helped a lot of people quietly and that is a fact!. One of the. 1 on the soul album chart. Heres what his friend, singer Howard Huntsberry, posted onFacebook: My heart is heavy right now. In 1984, it was Yarbrough and Peoples who would return to the top of the charts. The Los Angeles resident started making a name for himself in the R&B world in the '70s, when he operated a South Central L.A. nightclub called the Total Experience (which was located on Crenshaw Boulevard, one of the most famous thoroughfares in L.A.'s African-American community). However, Total Experience Records didn't have as large a roster as Motown, Philly International, or Solar, and Simmons didn't oversee a stable of multi-platinum stars -- the Gap Band was the only Total Experience act that had at least ten major hits. Simmon's winning streak continued in 1981, when he formed Total Experience Records and convinced Mercury's parent company PolyGram to distribute the label's recordings. Omg you give Lonnie too much credit! While we share the sadness of many in hearing of his death, we also celebrate a decade of incredible music that Simmons helped give to music fans around the world. In 1984, the label changed its distribution from PolyGram to RCA Records. Get the rest of this backgrounder on Lonnie Simmons atAllMusic.com. Total Experience Records was a record label founded by Lonnie Simmons. For instance, Oops Up Side Your Head! was sampled in 41 different songs, according to the website whosampled.com; most notably in the No. (1983) " You Dropped a Bomb on Me" er en sang fremfrt af Gap Band, udgivet i 1982 p producer Lonnie Simmons 'label, Total Experience Records. ), an eight-minute, straight-up funk jam that, in 1980, matched the No. At this point, we dont have any details regarding his health before his death, but Simmons was said to be in his mid -70s. In 1987 Total Experience ended its distribution deal with RCA and carried on as an independent label, faltering soon after. Back up your claim with facts and then we can talk, Burt. #livinglegendsfoundation #BlackHistoryMonth #BlackMusic365 #BlackNightclubs #TotalExperience. So, how much is Lonnie Simmons worth at the age of 75 years old? Lonnie Simmons, a pioneer of funk and a legend who helped transform the black music scene in the 1980s during its post-disco doldrums. Durante la dcada de los aos 80, un tipo llamado Lonnie Simmons so con ser el Rey Midas de la msica negra. I worked for Lonnie back in the early 80s. During this year's WVU visit, Attorney Lonnie C. Simmons argued a case before the West Virginia Supreme Court. The Total Experience was often described as an R&B equivalent of the Roxy (a well-known club on West Hollywoods Sunset Strip), and like the Roxy, Simmons venue tended to book artists who werent big enough to headline the Inglewood Forum or the Long Beach Arena, but could still attract several hundred people on a given night. Party Train, one of only two Gap Band V tracks actually produced by Simmons, peaked at No. Family and friends are welcome to send flowers or leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family. The label's post 1984 holdings now belong to Minder Music, while its PolyGram-distributed holdings, and the complete catalogues of Yarbrough & Peoples and the Gap Band belong to Universal Music Enterprises. Ud over singleudgivelsen blev sangen omtalt p bandets album fra 1982 Gap Band IV. As a composer, he co-wrote several #1 R&B songs for his label's major acts, The Gap Band and Yarbrough and Peoples. 48 pop), You Dropped A Bomb On Me Gap Band (1982); (No. 1. Black Music & Entertainment Walk of Fame (PICS), Beasley Media Group Fayettevilles WKML-FM Studio Named in Honor Danny Highsmith, De La Soul Performs at The DA.I.S.Y. The latter album went gold, while the former went platinum, selling over a million copies. When they showed up in LA, he suggested they record a demo with the label's other producer, who also served as their songwriter. Les Paul begins work on "The Log" solid-body electric guitar (1939) Going back to square one, Paul started with a 4-x-4-inch slab of pine, roughly the length of a conventional archtop guitar body, attached a bridge, two wood-covered pickups that he made himself, and then hand-crafted vibrato tailpiece. In his last year of law school he dropped out and started one of the first unisex clothing stores at . It originally began in 1977 as a production company whose albums were released by Mercury Records before becoming a label in 1981. Lonnie Simmons, Rudy Taylor, Charlie Wilson: Producent (er) Lonnie Simmons: The Gap Band singler . Not to be confused with jazz saxophonist Lonnie Simmons (who played with well-known improvisers like Fats Waller and Ella Fitzgerald), the Lonnie Simmons profiled here is a funk/soul/urban contemporary producer/manager/label owner who is best-known for his work with the Gap Band. Eventually, in 1987, after several more underperforming albums, the Gap Band left and Total Experience closed its doors for good. "Shake" was the first of many smashes that the Gap Band recorded for Simmons' label; in 1979 and the early- to mid-'80s, the trio was huge thanks to a string of major hits that also included "I Don't Believe You Want to Get Up and Dance (Oops)," "Steppin' Out," "Burn Rubber," "Humpin'," "You Dropped a Bomb on Me," "Early in the Morning," "Outstanding, and "Party Train." The signing hit immediate pay dirt with the 1979 hit Shake. The Gap Band followed later that same year with the top smash Oops Upside The Head, which Simmons co-wrote, and which had a bit of a second life a couple years ago, when Simmons and company received co-writing credits on the Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars hit Uptown Funk, for that songs similarity to Oops., With The Gap Band driving Total Experience forward, Simmons then signed the duo Yarbrough and Peoples, who went on to a successful recording career and the #1 hit Dont Stop the Music., Through the first half of the 1980s, it seemed that Total Experience could do no wrong, as The Gap Band and Simmons teamed for hit after hit such as Outstanding, You Dropped A Bomb On Me, and Early In the Morning. Simmons founded the influential R&B label Total Experience in the 70s, and hit the ground running by signing the Tulsa, Oklahoma act, The Gap Band, featuring the three Wilson brothers. In 1980, Charlie Wilson went on a trip to Dallas and returned with two new friends: Cavin Yarbrough and Alisa Peoples. The signing hit immediate pay dirt with the 1979 hit Shake. The Gap Band followed later that same year with the top smash Oops Upside Your Head, which Simmons co-wrote, and which had a bit of a second life a couple years ago, when Simmons and company received co-writing credits on the Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars hit Uptown Funk, for that songs similarity to Oops., With The Gap Band driving Total Experience forward, Simmons then signed the duo Yarbrough and Peoples, who went on to a successful recording career and the #1 hit Dont Stop the Music. Through the first half of the 1980s, it seemed that Total Experience could do no wrong, as The Gap Band and Simmons teamed for hit after hit such as Outstanding, You Dropped A Bomb On Me, and Early In the Morning. Gap Band IV, released in early 1982, was the first Total Experience album release. Also learn how He earned most of Lonnie Simmons networth? #crenshaw. A year later, Yarbrough and Peoples would match Beep with Guilty, a song they took to No. Southern California Institute Of Technology. That year, Simmons co-wrote two songs which peaked on the R&B charts at #1 back-to-back: "Burn Rubber on Me (Why You Wanna Hurt Me)", which was released on The Gap Band III, and "Don't Stop the Music", which was released on Yarbrough & Peoples' debut album, The Two of Us. 2005: Simmons played in 1 soul, 3 weeks; No. For the last fifteen years, Mr. Simmons has been actively engaged in practicing law, mostly on behalf of injured plaintiffs. After signing the Gap Band to Total Experience Productions, and securing the production company a label deal with Mercury Records in late 1978, Simmons himself personally produced the Gap Band's albums during their tenure, and co-wrote their breakthrough song, "Oops Up Side Your Head". Simmons went on to work in movie production, with a much quieter public profile. We will update Lonnie Simmons's Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. Lonnie Simmons (December 12, 1944 - February 6, 2019) was an American record producer from Los Angeles, California. Yarbrough and Peoples had left the label in 1986 to return to Texas where they got married, never to be heard from again, musically speaking. Lonnie Simmons first came up in the industry in the early 1970s by way of his South Central L.A. nightclub that bore the Total Experience moniker that would later become the name of his production company, recording studio and record label. Super producer Lonnie Simmons.. Oceanography great Walter Munk; producer and songwriter Lonnie Simmons; journalist and writer - 4 years ago Random stat: out of the top 50 players in total points all-time, Stephen Curry is the only player with a career TS% greater than 62%. 5 soul; No. 1: 0: Total 4 9; Player Statistics . In 1984, Total Experience began a new distribution deal with RCA Records. Lonnie Simmonss income source is mostly from being a successful Soundtrack. This left the Gap Band as the label's sole act by 1986. With Total Experience CEO Lonnie Simmons directing them, Y&P became one of the top duos of the early 80s, consistently hitting the top 10 with songs like "Heartbeats," "I Wouldn't Lie," "Guilty" and the #1 smash "Don't Waste Your Time." Even as they were achieving fame and radio success, the duo complained that they weren't . Login or Create Account My Page Collection Wishlist Messages . He formed Total Experience Records and had major hits throughout the 80s before turning his efforts into film and video production. Last edited on 17 September 2022, at 03:58, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Burn Rubber on Me (Why You Wanna Hurt Me), "Lonnie Simmons: The Man Who Discovered The Gap Band Has Died", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lonnie_Simmons&oldid=1110720171, This page was last edited on 17 September 2022, at 03:58. | As a composer, he co-wrote several #1 R&B songs for his label's major acts, The Gap Band and Yarbrough and Peoples. My vehicle got hit by an at fault driver and their insurance company is trying to say my vehicle is a total loss. He was founder and president of the now-defunct Total Experience Records. There is no more complete source for urban news than the Electronic Urban Report. also Being mentored by top label executives, such as: Lonnie Simmons (Total Experience . R.I.P. Yesssss he did still the Wilson bros royalties but I think Charlie sued and got with they were old later when Charlie got sober thank God Charlie sobered up, They were a back up band before Lonnie simmons produced them.. what does that tell you.. dont worry Ill wait. The first album out of the gate for the new label would be its biggest. Not to be confused with jazz saxophonist Lonnie Simmons (who played with well-known improvisers like Fats Waller and Ella Fitzgerald), the Lonnie Simmons profiled here is a funk/soul/urban contemporary (February 7, 2019) EURWeb has reported that legendary producer, songwriter and record label executive Lonnie Simmons, best known for his role in the emergence of The Gap Band, has died, causes unknown. We don't have much information about He's past relationship and any previous engaged. 1290 Finnie Simmons Rd, Woodbury, TN 37190. DJd at Total Experience. It was his unique brand of funk (plus a few gimmicky but fun sound effects) that became the bands signature, and without him, wed never have had Number One classics like Burn Rubber, Outstanding and Early In The Morning.. Its two major acts were The Gap Band and Yarbrough & Peoples. The KDAY Mixmaster. Unfortunately, we dont have any specific information, but what do know is that he passed away earlier today (02-06-19) in his sleep. Career [ edit] We Publish News 24/7. Rogers signed with Lonnie Simmons' Total Experience Records (the Gap Band, Yarbrough and Peoples) and the LP Love, Music & Life was issued in 1977. 4eabbb977ef511.19851452.pdf - Trevor J. Simmons Page 2 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Research Post-Doctoral Researcher, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY Corporate - Home - Simmons & Simmons.ashx While at RCA she promoted at radio artist from the subsidiary labels such as Dick Griffy's Solar Records who lead the charts as well as had a heavy dance presence on the West Coast and Lonnie Simmons Total Experience, Gap Band as well as Richard Perry's Planet Records where Lygia broke The Pointer Sisters out of the West Coast. WHO WE AREThe news you want unfiltered.The Electronic Urban Report/EUR puts the most buzz worthy African American news at your fingertips. *We have sad news to report on one of the black music industrys pioneers. The song also had the ironic fortune of being sandwiched at No. Find your friends on Facebook. , money, salary, income, and assets. 2 soul, 2 weeks; No. " You Dropped a Bomb on Me" is een nummer uitgevoerd door de Gap Band, uitgebracht in 1982 op het label van producer Lonnie Simmons, Total Experience Records. An m indicates the group released multiple full-length albums on Total Experience. Before meeting Simmons, the Gap Band had been struggling; their first two albums, which came out in 1974 and 1977, received little attention. Lonnie Simmons was born on 12 December, 1944, is an American record producer. The success of Shake propelled Simmons and the Gap Band to the next level, and by the end of the year, they had released their second collaboration The Gap Band II, which included two songs Simmons co-wrote: their second top-10 hit, Steppin (Out), and the ubiquitous I Dont Believe You Want To Get Up And Dance (Oops, Up Side Your Head! It originally began in 1977 as a production company whose artists recorded for Mercury Records before becoming a label in 1981. Lonnie will be forever cherished by: two sons, Ervin and Calvin Simmons; Grandchildren; Great-Grandchildren; Great-Great . My friend for over 40 years has passed away. No gossip, just news. The latest stories in entertainment and lifestyle, with exclusive celebrity interviews. Lonnie signed a plethora of new acts in 1984-85 and two established acts: Switch and Billy Paul. The Gap Band's final hurrah with Total Experience, Straight from the Heart, got a top-40 song from the title track but failed to sell, causing the Gap Band to leave for Capitol Records. It included Burn Rubber (Why You Wanna Hurt Me), another funk anthem Simmons co-wrote that would become their first No. But Simmons changed their (and his) fortunes forever with their third release. 1 soul, 1 week; No. It was Simmons own Dont Stop The Music, making him one of very few people to ever write and produce consecutive No. One of the label's first signings was the Gap Band, who Simmons met through soul singer DJ Rogers (known for his 1975 smash, "Say You Love Me"). He is a member of famous Soundtrack with the age 75 years old group. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part A Blue Carpet Movie Premiere (Pics), 2019 NAACP Chairmans Award to be Presented to Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Chris Rock is Set to Make Netflix History | WATCH. One of the firefighters sustained lower extremity injuries as his crewmates were able to save an adjacent building from damage. Lonnie Simmons's net worth 2.28. It originally began in 1977 as a production company whose artists recorded for Mercury Records before becoming a label in 1981. One of the labels first signings was the Gap Band, who Simmons met through soul singer DJ Rogers (known for his 1975 smash, Say You Love Me). Robert was just 14 when the band gained acclaim in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Party Lights Remix(Charlie Wilson/Lonnie Simmons/Ronnie Wilson/RudolphTaylor), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gap_Band. Who said funk music couldnt be funny and funky at the same time? Super producer Lonnie Simmons.. Simmons also owned a recording studio in the 70s, and by the end of the decade, he founded Total Experience Records (which landed a distribution deal with Mercury/Polygram). The band, consisting of twelve members, was reduced officially to the three Wilson brothers. The latter album went gold, while the former went platinum, selling over a million copies. He then had the idea to reduce the official lineup of the group from twelve members to its sibling trio of Ronnie, Charlie and Robert Wilson. The arc of Simmons' success turned in the late 80s, as other Total Experience signings were less successful and as The Gap Band hits slowed down. . Later in 1982, he signed Robert "Goodie" Whitfield to the label. Experience in NYC (PICS), Strategic Solutions Research Presents Nielsen Audio January '23 Ratings Today. It became the Gap Bands biggest hit by spending three weeks at No. The Total Experience holds a special place in the hearts of everyone who came through their doors. 4 on the Billboard Hot Soul Singles chart that June (ranked just behind huge disco classics like We Are Family, Ring My Bell and Boogie Wonderland). I dare say that without Lonnies influence, whatever that may be, we wouldnt have heard of the Gap Band. Hollywood Beauty Awards Announce Viola Davis, Carey Mulligan, Jenny Cho Joe Manganiello & Sonequa Martin-Green To Join Presenter Lineup, Get Ariana DeBose SAG Glam Look by Andra Tiller and Takisha Sturdivant-Drew, Watch SAG Awards: Jamie Lee Curtis, Michelle Yeoh and More Win Big, VitakraftLick n Lap Cat Treats Get Four Paws Up, Wanda Sykes Comedy Special Premieres This May on Netflix, Listen To Jonas Brothers New Single Wings, Pedro Pascal and Jon Favreau Pose At The Forge: Inspired by The Mandalorian Exhibit, Watch: Robert De Niro and Sebastian Maniscalco Star In ABOUT MY FATHER, 2023 EE BAFTA Film Awards Winners Include Elvis and The Banshees of Inisherin, Law & Order TV Detective and Comedian Richard Belzer Dies At Age 78, Ryan Seacrest Is Leaving Live With Kelly and Ryan. He co-wrote most of their songs including their many chart hits. Before meeting Simmons, the Gap Band had been struggling; their first two albums, which came out in 1974 and 1977, received little attention. We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of our web experience for everyone, and we welcome feedback and . The duo Yarborough & Peoples were also produced by Lonnie Simmons and recorded his songs on the Total Experience label. The band, consisting of twelve members, was reduced officially to the three Wilson brothers. He was founder and president of the now-defunct Total Experience Records. Robert n Charlie was Funky!!! The Gap Band's 1983 release, Gap Band V: Jammin' (#2 R&B, #28 Billboard 200), saw Simmons take a reduced writing/producing role; he co-wrote only one song. Lonnie Simmons, the man who broughtCharlie WilsonandThe Gap Bandto the musical stardom has died. 101 pop), Shake Gap Band (1979); (No. 1 soul, 1 week; No. He started his legal career as a writ clerk at the West Virginia Supreme Court in 1982, before spending five years as a personal clerk for West Virginia Supreme Court Justice Thomas B. Miller. Simmons' skills as a composer, however, would take the Gap Band to the next level. 1,770 Customers Can't Be Wrong! Died on February 6, 2019. I pray Lonnie got himself straight with God before he died. Total Experience Records was a record label founded by Lonnie Simmons. 1 and crossing over to the top 20 (No. From its inception in 1981 to late 1983, Total Experience was a subsidiary label of Mercury's parent company, PolyGram. All rights reserved. While Total Experiences songs were clearly still radio hits in the mid-to-late 80s, the sales picture wasnt as pretty. Nonetheless, his contributions to R&B in the '70s and '80s were impressive -- and in the early 2000s, hip-hop producers were continuing to sample his work with the Gap Band and, to a lesser degree, Yarbrough & Peoples. We recommend you to check the complete list of Famous People born on 12 December. It originally began in 1977 as a production company whose albums were released by Mercury Records before becoming a label in 1981. Their first Total Experience-produced single, 1979's "Shake", went to #4 on the R&B charts. I saw it 1st hand.Burt is stating Truth.to Power, You are absolutely right Burt Reed.Lonnie Simmons Dogged themBig Time .he was a gangsta. View popular celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages. MAX 151, Lonnie Simmons has laid the foundation for what he sees as an independent, black owned and operated record label and film company complex. In the late 1970s he founded Total Experience Records, which got a distribution deal with Mercury/Polygram, and he signed up the Gap Band who he had met through DJ Rogers. Total Experience Record Label Founder Lonnie Simmons Dies Of Causes Unknown By: LATF Staff Member Music February 11, 2019, 11:09 pm Several reports have surfaced regarding the passing of legendary producer, songwriter and record label executive Lonnie Simmons, best known for his role in the emergence of The Gap Band, has died, causes unknown. 84 pop), Outstanding Gap Band (1983); (No. Welcome Guest! When they released The Gap Band II late in 1979, a song Simmons co-wrote with the Wilson brothers, "Oops Up Side Your Head", not only matched the success of "Shake" on the R&B charts, reaching #4 also, but exceeded it by propelling the album to over half-a-million in sales. 5 soul) and opening up the Gap Band to an ever-widening audience who could appreciate both their harder funk and their slow jams. At the tail-end of 1984, A Total Experience Christmas was released, featuring songs by five of the label's acts, as well as two of the label's writers.[4]. Yarbrough and Peoples released Heartbeats that year, and it peaked at #25 R&B, and the title track went to #10 R&B. My friends and I would skateboard to the arcade, eat Chili-Fritos and In the appeal "West Virginia Office of Miners' Health, Safety & Training vs. Bobby Beavers," Mr. Simmons addressed a growing issue with workplace drug testing. Gap Band IV was released in May 1982 and contained three major smash hits, Early In The Morning, You Dropped A Bomb On Me and Outstanding, all co-written and/or produced by Simmons. Simmons was a true innovator and creator and a music force to be reckoned with. 1 hits now eluding them, this alternation of No. By the end of the decade, Total Experience shut down, but not before staking its claim as one of the truly great funk labels of the 80s. Lonnie Simmons, the man who brought Charlie Wilson and The Gap Band to the world has died. Gap Band Recordings 1 singles by different artists on the soul chart. Lonnie Simmons is an American record producer from Los Angeles, California.He is founder and president of the now-defunct Total Experience Records.As a composer, he co-wrote several #1 R&B songs for his label's major acts, The Gap Band and Yarbrough and Peoples. 7" Single on 45cat: Switch - Switch It Baby (Short Version) / Switch It Baby (Long Version) - Total Experience - USA - TES1-2401-DJ : 45worlds 45cat 45spaces. He then transferred the Gap Band and Yarbrough & Peoples (who were already signed to his production company) to the Total Experience label. Lonnie had a recording studio in the building and produced hits on The Gap Band, Yarbrough and Peoples, Switch and more. Later in 1982, he signed Robert "Goodie" Whitfield to the label. That year, Simmons co-wrote two songs which peaked on the R&B charts at #1 back-to-back: "Burn Rubber on Me (Why You Wanna Hurt Me)", which was released on The Gap Band III, and "Don't Stop the Music", which was released on Yarbrough & Peoples' debut album, The Two of Us. See and be there, from here. Dr. Lonnie Simmons, MD is a Diagnostic Radiology Specialist in La Crosse, WI and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. There have been some disputes as to his legacy in terms of the creation of Gap Bands and others hits. forever GAPPER 1974-1988. Proudly powered by WordPress While in Texas in 1977, Gap Band leader Charlie Wilson discovered Alisa Peoples & Calvin Yarbrough, who were performing as part of the band, Grand Theft. The duo Yarborough & Peoples were also produced by Lonnie Simmons and recorded his songs on the Total Experience label. He was founder and president of the now-defunct Total Experience Records. As a composer, he co-wrote several #1 R&B songs for his label's major acts, The Gap Band and Yarbrough and Peoples. Simmons had co-written only one song on The Gap Band but co-wrote six of The Gap Band II's seven tracks. For those of us who grew up listening to the Gap Band in the 1980s, there was usually one name wed see on all of their records. Click HERE to SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter Now! Not a single one of the newcomers released more than one album with Total Experience (two of them only produced one song) and none of them scored any hits.

Master Splinter Death, Car Accident In Canandaigua, Ny Today, Articles L