kia sportage diesel engine problemskia sportage diesel engine problems

Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. For that matter, you probably dont want to buy a decade-old Kia in the first place, so the open investigation and vehicle speed control issues may be reason enough to cross the 2012 and 2013 Sportage off the list. It has a very high quality finish to rival Lexus and even German made SUV crossovers. An engine fire risk is a huge recall and KIA should have either an immediate repair available, or provide owners of the affected vehicles a safe vehicle to use until a fix can be provided. Kia Sportage owners report problems with Kia Sportage engine knocking. Another common problem with the Sportages engine is engine knocking. The dealer replaced the brake lining. Top 5 Problems Kia Sportage SUV 4th Generation 2017-Present 1A Auto: Repair Tips & Secrets Only Mechanics Know 1.99M subscribers 119K views 2 years ago Top Problems with Your Vehicle! For example, if you need a new car engine, Kia K800 Kia K900 owners can expect to pay more than Kia K800 Kia K900 replacement. Spread the word. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Kia Sportage has a misfire fault code P0300, which means Kia Sportage is randomly misfiring cylinders. Kia Sportage owners report problems with KIA Sportage's Check Engine Light due to Kia Sportage's faulty Camshaft Position Sensor. But the Sportage isnt perfect. Any duplicates or errors? Its an issue that affects all four-cylinder engines, not just Kias. Motor just stopped working - went into limp mode. The Real Truth! If youre buying a 2012 or 2013 Sportage, keep an eye on the investigations page for any new developments. Got pictures also a bad oil pressure switch that shot oil all over the motor. For example, Kia K800 owners often complain that Kia K800 hesitates when accelerating due to Kia K800's dirty air filter, Kia K800's most common problem. Fortunately, I was near an exit, and at the reduced speed I was able to get to a parking lot. Unfortunately, it has been known to fail prematurely. If the torque converter fails, it can cause the transmission to slip or even fail completely. Nevertheless the reason I didn't get notice of the recall, they said it was sent june 2019. Both vehicles have been recalled for bearing wear which could result in engine seizure, in March, 2017, and for a high-pressure fuel pipe leak, in December, 2018, but neither of these issues would explain the overall pattern of speed control issues. heater for the O2 sensor failed, check engine light is on steady hydraulic timing belt tensioner failed. However, the fourth generation has been plagued with problems. I also changed the shocks, and the front direction completely as well as the sensors! I called KIA corporate directly, spoke with their consumer department and also a supervisor. The failure mileage was 81,174. Does not feel safe. The contact stated that while his daughter was driving at an undisclosed speed, there was a knocking sound, and the vehicle lost motive power. 2020 Kia Sportage. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. If it fails, it can cause the lights to flicker or dim, the radio to cut out, and the engine to stall. This is usually caused by the brake pads being worn down and needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Kia Sportage engine problems are mostly due to Kia Sportage's ignition system problems. My vehicle had been serviced just a few weeks prior. The fire department arrived on the scene shortly afterward and extinguished the fire. I was told by the Kia service manager that my "excellent" warranty will in fact cover a new engine, but I will have to drive the car until the engine seizes or sustains serious damage. Kia Canada told Consumer Matters that both of these vehicles are 2.4L Multi Port Injection engine vehicles and, as such, are not part of the recall involving 2.4L and 2.0L Gasoline Direct. Car shakes and putters when started as if the engine is shot, which at this point probably is. Highest Paying Junk Car Buyer: How To Get The Most Cash For Your Old Car? The contact stated that no warning lights were illuminated. Kia Sportage's most common problem is V6 engines, where problems are reported 17% of the time. It is currently in its fourth generation. Now Ive had problems with the turbo, the windows, the door locks, and the radio. My Kia Sportage And The Engine Died With No Warning. Lucky I was able to get it off the side of the road. When your 2015 Kia Sportage's ECM (electronic control module), which is the vehicle's onboard computer, finds a problem in the electronic control system that it can't correct, a computer turns on your check engine light. Kia Sportage Common Problems Engine Idling or Stalling When it comes to answering the questions of what problems do Kia Sportage have, the most commonly reported Kia Sportage problem is the engine becoming idle or stalling while the vehicle is in operation/motion. This car also has a lot of features. The Sportage is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. We understand that Tim is now content with Kia's response. The reason why I didn't get the recall/product improvement notice was due to my house being damaged due to Hurricane Michael, a category 5 hurricane that destroyed and made my house unlivable. There are several known issues with the brakes on the Sportage. KIA is fully aware of these ongoing engine failures according to my local KIA dealer rep. purchased the car 4 months ago & was given the car with a bad gas pressure relay. My car has been having an extreme oil consumption issue. Its an important part of the engine, and its one of the most common parts to fail. This can be a very costly repair, as it typically requires the entire transmission to be replaced. Several different braking problems have been reported with the Sportage. The alternator is responsible for charging the battery. Reach out to who you purchased the car from. Worst 2016 Kia Sportage Problems #1: Air Inlet Actuator Knocks 2016 Sportage Average Cost to Fix: N/A Average Mileage: 31,000 mi #2: Smoke Coming From A/C Into Car 2016 Sportage Average. On 12/2/21 I was driving down 52 towards Lexington in the fast lane going about 66 MPH with my child in the back seat in her car seat when I noticed my 2016 Kia Sportage would not accelerate and suddenly went down to around 20 MPH resulting in more than one almost collisions to try to get off the highway. We don't sell/share your email. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. Consumer Reports gave the first three generations high marks for reliability. Kia Sportage has a total of 96 problems reported for ten different categories in our repair metrics, which puts Kia Sportage in the top 5 most problematic vehicles in the Kia brand. The Kia Sportage is part of the impressive Kia SUV lineup. Kia Sportage owners complain that Kia Sportage has its Check Engine Light on due to a defective throttle position sensor, one of Kia Sportage's most common engine problems. My 2017 KIA SPORTAGE has 74,695 miles. If you owe more than your car is worth, it may not be the best idea to spend money on engine repairs. Did so Kia said it was a turned or spun rod bearing. Kia Sportage owners report problems with KIA Sportage rough idling due to Kia Sportage's faulty throttle position sensor. When connecting, pay attention to the plus and minus poles (red cable and black cable). What's Wrong with the 4th Generation (2016-2020) Sportage? Bob King Kia (where I bought this one new as well as two other cars previously) said I had to have it towed there and have a diagnostic ($130) completed before they could help me. The state police arrived on the scene and attempted to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher but were not successful. Click on your Kia car below, for example the Sportage. This is not a window regulator recall. Get The Maximum Cash! The contact stated while driving approximately 25 MPH, there was a knocking and squeaking sound coming from the front and the rear of the vehicle. Its the same story across hundreds of complaints: engine knocking noises followed by stalling, sudden acceleration, hesitation when trying to accelerate, loss of engine power. So much so the entire engine had to be replaced by Kia. Many Kia Sportage owners are complaining of engine problems and are under a certain warranty. Kia Sportage owners have reported many engine problems, the most common being ignition system problems, oil problems, fuel problems, and dirty air filter issues. Too many repairs to be able to afford. The contact checked and became aware that there was no oil in the engine. One of the other common problems with the Kia Sportage is interior issues. Don't be stuck with a lemon. The Kia and Hyundai 2.0 CRDi D4HA diesel are paired with a 6-speed manual or classic 6-speed automatic gearbox. Our database has the answer, Everything you need to know to keep you and your family as safe as possible, Helpful advice before you finance your next car, Tips for getting the right insurance and how to make a claim, Everything you need to know when sizing up your new car. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. An electrical short circuit in the HECU increases the risk of an engine compartment fire while the vehicle is parked or driving. The entry-level 1.6-litre gets 115hp, on par with the basic Ateca and Karoq for power but not torque on account of those car's larger 2.0-litre engines. No recalls exist for the 2022 Kia Sportage. It is sad though that they offered to give me $500 for my car that I owe about $5000 on or I could trade it in on another KIA and they would pay my car off. All-wheel drive is available as an option on all but the base model. Today I was going about 40 and braked to slow down, instead, it revved high and pedal vibrated, then finally shifted down(or what it seemed), Kia Sportage Has Many Problems And Recalls. Have a look at the video below: Models affected: Solution: The engine is blown. Regulator leaks can also contribute to this problem. The vehicle was diagnosed with asphalt in the exhaust system. Some symptoms can be screeching noises from the brakes, the vehicle pulling to one side, or poor braking. Looking for tips on how to carry or travel with your family? Still, if you have been putting off Kia Sportage's Oil Change, Kia Sportage might be suffering from Kia Sportage's Engine Knocking problem. I was driving on interstate and with no sound or warning light my car just shut off. The caliper is responsible for holding the brake pads in place. Whatever problems exist, many drivers clearly like the car due to its comfort level. Read Online 1997 Kia Sportage Diesel Engine guide has long been a must and now it's even better. The driver pulled over safely and removed himself from the vehicle. I WAS DRIVING IN TOWN WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN MY CAR STOPPED, I GOT MY CAR TOWED TO MY HUSBANDS BUSINESS AND AFTER THAT I TOWED IT TO THE KIA DEALERSHIP, WHERE I WAS TOLD MY CAR DID NOT HAVE A RECALL DESPITE THE RECALLS ON THIS VEHICLE AND UPON READING MORE INTO IT I SEE THAT IT DOES HAVE A RECALLS ON ENGINE FAILURE, mY CAR STOPPED ON A VERY BUSY ROAD AS WELL, WITH CARS FLYING BY ME ON A 6 LANE ROAD.tHERE WAS NO WARNING LIGHTS ON AS WELL AS ANY OTHER LIGHTS UNTIL THIS HAPPENED. Then I started popping fuses for the fuel pump and it kept leaving me on the side of the road. Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs, read stories from drivers who praise our work. For example, Kia K800 owners complain that Kia K800 hesitates when accelerating due to Kia K800's dirty air filter, Kia K800's most common problem. While the fuel companies do have a warranty that would cover a problem caused by their dirty fuel it would be very difficult to prove it was the fuel in the first place, and it was a particular fuel companys diesel that was the cause of the problem. So for now theres not much anyone can do but wait and see. So how do you find out what problems are occurring? 2023 Carsguide Autotrader Media Solutions Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. What's been recalled and why. If the Kia K800 car is still in pretty decent condition, you could repair it for a reasonable price and still get a good deal when reselling it. It has so many problems with it. Had it towed home. Received a recall notice stated "An Engine compartment fire may occur in the area where the Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit is located in your vehicle. However, it is believed that the HECU may experience an internal electrical short circuit that could result in overcurrent. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and diagnosed with engine failure. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. The 2012 and 2013 Kia Sportage are among the many Kia and Hyundai models currently under investigation for a possible engine fire hazard. one of the most common causes of Kia Sportage engine problems is Kia Sportage's dirty air filter. He is a longtime contributor to Vehicle History and a member of the site's original content team when it launched. I reached out to claims for the Settlement and they basically told me that because the previous owner didn't get the software recall done in 2018 that there is nothing they can do which was also a Kia representative. Note: Pay attention to the correct cable cross-section! Its all too difficult. This can include everything from loose trim to faulty door handles. The third generation was only available as a four-door SUV. After three years, its worth an estimated 54.3% of its original price. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic . Haul Away Junk Cars Near Me: Your Ultimate Guide to Junk Car Removal. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. When I pulled into work and turned off the engine, smoke started to come from under the hood which initially looked like overheating, but no gauges or lights were activated. I took it to the mechanic, and the engine needs to be replaced. These will not harm the way the car drives but can make handling the Kia Sportage uncomfortable. In addition, performing regular maintenance on your car will help prevent long-term damages to your vehicle and assist you in avoiding costly repairs down the line. Apart from this problem I have enjoyed the vehicle and recommended Kia to friends, family and business associates. Monthly check of oil, water and tyres. The contact stated that the vehicle started losing motive power, without warning. Kia Sportage's most common problems are also with V6 engines, which 17% of Kia Sportage owners have experienced. 2022 Cash Cars Buyer. The failure mileage was approximately 61,000. Had just been to the shop 2 months before that no problems. 36,000 miles on it drove nice until 89,000 miles in the engine blew with no warning nothing. Not to mention there is a Class Action Settlement against them now for the Engine Long Block recall because they are denying claims when this is a lifetime warranty coverage. Description. The manufacturer had been informed of the failure. investigation for a possible engine fire hazard, recall for the 2012 model for engine fires, previous investigation for scope and timeliness, 286 engine complaints out of 327 complaints total, Top Safety Pick awards from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the average annual repair cost is just $462. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. A Detailed Guidance. Kia Sportage scores poorly in Engine Problems, Most Common Problems, and Repair Costs. The contact owns a 2017 Kia Sportage. Vehicle speed control issues are a major source of complaint for 2012 and 2013 models, with engine stall and sudden acceleration being reported. So now I have a 2016 Kia Sportage that I still owe money on that wont run and a broken window I had to put a claim on my insurance for that even as of 2/10/22 has yet to be fixed. The 2012 Sportage reports 286 engine complaints out of 327 complaints total, and the 2013 model reports 241 out of 289, so its safe to say that this is the dominant concern in both. Off-road for beginners and the experienced, plus camper trailers, caravans and motorhomes, We make it easy to compare design, practicality, value and more, Buying used? A well-maintained engine, although slightly limiting the car's performance, has basically no drawbacks. So the gas & oil was spilling on top of my motor cause inhalation gas fumes & car smoking. Who Pays The Most For Old Cars Near Me? The leading cause for complaints in the 2017 Sportage is in the engine, comprising 65 of 167 complaints total. The contact was informed that the engine needed to be replaced. Unfortunately, with no recall lined up and no investigation underway, this is an issue that may well come out of the drivers pocket should repairs be required. Sensor Issues After 2 Months Of Having The Kia Sportage, My Kia ran well for 2 months then started missing have replaced sensors still don't run right had it in the shop a few times no one seems to know what is wrong with it. In addition, the Kia Sportage also encounters problems due to faulty MAF sensors, defective camshaft sensors, faulty throttle position sensors, idle air control valves, etc. I also forgot the cable shifter at 180,000! It's in the shop getting the transmission replaced and the motor rebuilt after having the transmission downshift from 6th to 3rd at 80 mph and send a piston through the hood. The vehicle was not repaired. This can cause the engine to stall or shut down completely. Kia Sportage owners also complain that faulty piston rings cause Kia Sportage engine knocking problems. The manufacturer declined the engine replacement. The contact stated that the check engine and the low-pressure oil warning lights were illuminated. The vehicle was not repaired and remained at the dealer. The contact stated while driving approximately 70 MPH, she noticed that the vehicle was losing power. The contact owns a 2016 Kia Sportage. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. I have been adding oil every couple of weeks for over 6 months now with no oil leak detected. As you noticed, there is a wide range of engine-related problems with the Kia Sportage. Kia Sportage owners also complain that Kia Sportage's overheat when the weather gets cold, which means Kia Sportage might have a faulty thermostat. The approximate failure mileage was 118,860. Your Ultimate Guide, How To Sell A Crashed BMW: A Comprehensive Guide, How To Buy An Engine From A Junkyard? If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. Consumer Reports awarded the 2021 Sportage its highest predicted reliability rating of five out of five. The contact's daughter owns a 2016 Kia Sportage. You should also check out the best and worst Kia Sportage years. Even after getting the engine replaced, it still doesn't run right. Kia Sportage's Engine Knocking problem is the result of using an oil that does not meet Kia Sportage's requirement. How to download an Kia Workshop, Service or Owners Manual for free. Kia Sportage owners also complain that a faulty Idle Air Control Valve causes Kia Sportage's rough idling problems. Many people also claim that the doors remain unlocked while the vehicle is on the move. "Parked or driving.". If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. There was a recall for the 2012 model for engine fires, but this was for an unrelated oil leak issue. I have taken the liberty to include photos of my house that are time stamped from the month June 2019, the time frame Kia representatives state I should have received the notice. I brought it back a few times for tranny issues and the famous no issue found laggy and shudders when trying to pick up speed in small hills or merging onto the highway. These problems range from Kia Sportages that won't start to Kia Sportages that stall while trying to start. My engine locked up 8/29/22, my mechanic informed me there was a recall associated with the engine.We had the car transferred to the local dealership. The contact owns a 2017 Kia Sportage. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. As a result of our request Kia had the vehicle inspected and also checked the conditions that it was occurring in and they told us that the vehicle is ok and that the problem Tim sees is related to the way he was trying to drive it. Some owners of the Kia Sportage report interior quality issues. Kia Sportage mechanics usually replace Kia Sportage's MAF Sensors when the Check Engine Light comes on. Winter Weather Cause Electrical System Issues. . There are a few Kia Sportage engine problems that Kia Sportage owners can easily avoid. I went to the dealer in January to ask about white smoke coming from the tailpipe and Dealership tells me I need to blow the engine up before KIA will do anything about it. For starters, the 2.0-litre diesel is a real gem. Help? While driving 70 mph on the highway, the car suddenly lost speed, and I was not able to accelerate, and the engine light came on. The Kia Sportage has an average overall reliability rating of 61%, according to warranty data provided exclusively to The Car Expert by our partner, MotorEasy. The cause of this problem is typically due to worn out suspension components. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" I wouldnt recommend it, and I certainly wouldnt recommend it on the new vehicle when the warranty is still in play. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. It could also be caused by the rubber regulator being destroyed. Luckily, most of those problems have been minor ones. They were suppose to do both recalls they only performed one stated that the problem is the Engine Long Block. The secret: Annual oil and filter changes with OE specifictaion filters and the best quality oil. Multiple recalls. Also a very rusted main pulley was replaced (a $280 part). We research hundreds of models each Changing your car's oil regularly can help you avoid Kia K800 engine problems. Hyundai and Kia are telling the owners of nearly 485,000 vehicles in the U.S. to park them outdoors because they can catch fire even if the engines have been turned off. The vehicle was not repaired. Door locks: The door locks on the Kia Sportage get bad and don't open/close the door. The company has dealt with this problem in the past by recalling and replacing faulty parts. How To Find Trusted Car Buyers? What Happens When An Engine Is Seized From Sitting? I had the car towed to the auto shop I use until I could contact KIA. They told me the engine is damaged and it could fail and that the issue was caused by the excessive oil consumption. No warning just died. I've been trying to get the issue fix with Kia for over six months. Hyundai and Kia have had to recall vehicles due to Hyundai engine problems and Kia engine problems on the vehicles listed below. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. The Kia dealer found a broken motor mount. Kia Sportage's most common problems are also with V6 engines, which 17% of Kia Sportage owners have experienced. There is no warning when it happens and scary when it does. The vehicle was not repaired. Out of an abundance of caution, park your vehicle outdoors and away from other vehicles or structures until you have the recall repair performed." However, the off-idle response does suffer a half-second of delay if you floor it for that traffic gap (although it's far better than turbo-diesels of old). I could have been killed. Kia K800 problems Kia K800 engine problems aren't as common as other Kia K800 problems, but they still occur. Kia Sportage owners complain that Kia Sportage has its check engine light on due to a defective camshaft position sensor, which is one of Kia Sportage's most common engine problems. Ok acceleration is never going to. The Sportage has been Kias best-selling vehicle in the United States since 2009. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. In addition, Kia Sportage scores poorly in 3 out of 10 categories, including Engine Problems, Exterior Problems, and Mechanical Problems. Why Leaving Your Junk Car in Your Yard is a Bad Idea? All Rights Reserved. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000. Not only did the engine consume ~5 quarts of oil in 3.5 months, 3300 miles, but almost more importantly oil light had barely begun to flicker to the deficit in oil. The cause of this problem is typically due to poor craftsmanship. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. The vehicle will stall upon starting with push to start feature and you-d only hear clicking sound. The Kia Sportage has a good safety rating. The vehicle was not repaired. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apart from the engine bay catching fire, there are issues like the sunroof exploding, transmission problems as well as airbags failing to deploy in some situations. The symptoms on display typically point more to issues with the electronic throttle control. There have been many different engine issues with the Kia Sportage. Changing your Kia Sportage's air filter regularly will help avoid this problem by keeping your engine running efficiently and smoothly without any problems. Don't waste your time wasting ours! My Kia Sportage Has Major Engine Problems. The dealer was not notified; however, the manufacturer was made aware of the failure but offered no assistance. I had a tractor trailer behind me on a major highway. In which I explained they said well the person who had the car didn't take care of it so it's nothing we can do. Kia Sportage overheating problems can be worsened if Kia Sportage has plenty of kilometers and is not maintained properly. The KIA dealer just wrote me a quote for $800 plus dollars, stating this vital moving part is not covered. 4| Forward Collision Avoidance Problems. Which they did repair and cover. The second generation saw the introduction of the two-door convertible. The contact stated that the failure had been recurring. The smoke started to get heavier, thicker, and darker, and then the hood started flaming and the whole entire car was engulfed in flames within about 5 or 6 minutes. The engine is available in 2.5 and 2.7-liter configurations, but only 2.7 liters were used for Kia Sportage models. A fire increases the risk of injury. Owners rated the vehicles overall comfort, value and driving experience lowly, giving the compact SUV a two out of five satisfaction score. The contact was concerned about a possible vehicle fire. Kia stated that the cause of the problem was a leaking oil pan. Some Sportage owners referred to it as a Kia Sportage jerking problem. The manufacturers of duel-fuel systems for diesels claim around 20 per cent better performance and economy, but there are also horror stories about blown engines. Getting The Highest Pay For Junk Cars: How Is It Done? The most recently reported issues are listed below. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The exact cause of fire remains unknown. If you notice your car is leaking coolant, take it to a mechanic right away. 2006 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV. How Long Does A Honda Pilot Last? When we are driving the car accelerate on its own. I bought my 2018 Sportage 6 months ago and for the first few days i owned it i absolutely loved it. A major problem may be the DPF particulate filter, which is an environmental nuisance to virtually all modern diesels, especially those used for short distances. The contact stated that she then had her vehicle towed to an independent mechanic where it remained. All of these parts can fail, but the most common problem is a leaking radiator. Before we dive in, check our article on how long the Kia Sportage models are expected to last. It worked well for about 6 months, and now it does the same thing between 30-50 mph. This is not normal, I reckon it's the dealer that is doing the "Stall Test" and stalling you. Melted wires are one of the major issues the NHTSA used to build their suit against Hyundai and Kia engines. I have had nothing but problems since financing this car. 2| Most Common Problems with the 2022 Kia Sportage. In early October 2022 at approximately 67,800 miles (+3300) I noticed my oil light flickering when I would break form a high rate of speed. 5| Engine Problems. The contact owns a 2016 Kia Sportage. However, since this recall was only issued last year, many people had already paid for the damages themselves. The vehicle was not drivable. The contact owns a 2016 Kia Sportage. Another common braking problem is the Sportages brakes making a squealing noise. . The check engine warning light was illuminated. I got it towed to a mechanic that said it-s got an engine knock and the whole motor needs replaced.

Huntington Ravine Trail Deaths, Florida Keys Drug Bust, Custom Humidors Texas, Black Country Pork Scratchings Poundland, Articles K