hotels between salt lake city and yellowstonehotels between salt lake city and yellowstone

NATIONAL PARKS: In our Guide to the US National Parks, get the full list of national parks with important travel planning information, such as things to do in the parks and sample itineraries. Are you taking a baby or kids along? I like the itinerary you posted and it is the same suggested by AAA Read our [Privacy Policy] & The hotel also has a sauna and fitness center. Since it is relatively centrally located, this is the best place to stay in the park. If you want to take a look at the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? If this is part of a bigger road trip through the USA,you can read all of our articles about the United States in ourUnited States Travel Guide. Rooms are large, clean, and quiet and decorated with a western theme. Situated just off I-15, this hotel's location is almost as helpful as its wonderful staff! Its like having a tour guide, with the hassle of being on a group tour. The remainder of the park roads will open in late spring. You might opt to reach Yellowstone from Salt Lake City directly, but I would highly recommend planning a night stay. salt lake city airport. We are planning on spending the night about an hour out side of Salt Lake, do you know a town that would be on the route to book a hotel at. You can walk or drive to many of the restaurants in Gardiner. Quality Inn Downtown Hotel in Downtown Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City The Salt Palace Convention Center is 0.8 mi from this Salt Lake City, Utah hotel. We are coming from the East, and have a long 5-6 hour flight, probably into SLC. the Inn inside Park are fully booked It was the nicest hotel that we stayed in during our South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming road trip. Flight. Click here to visit the Yellowstone Lodging website. There are lots of hotels there, and in September there might be more availability than in the peak summer months. The closest airport is in West Yellowstone (WYS), serviced by both United and Delta Airlines. I dont think its allowed. Would we do road trip from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone again? I use Skyscanner to find the best flight prices and compare routes. Salt Lake City Hotels and Places to Stay La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport 1,005 Reviews View Hotel Salt Lake City, UT Little America Hotel 2,442 Reviews View Hotel Salt Lake City, UT The Grand America Hotel 1,988 Reviews View Hotel Salt Lake City, UT Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City 1,495 Reviews View Hotel We got invited to a close friends wedding in Sheridian WY on July 2. High Country Motel and Cabins. The next morning you will travel to West Yellowstone, where you will spend the following two nights. All rights reserved Earth Trekkers. Hello I am sure my In-Laws will appreciate it too. There are so many options. This is the closest property to the park entrance. Also coming back I am coming down through Jackson Hole. Get the full list in our article Best Things to Do in Yellowstone. If you have more or less time for your Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park road trip, here are a couple of modifications: Read More: 7 Days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone. 0 bags. The shore of this brilliant blue lake is an excellent spot for a picnic lunch. Wyoming only adds an hour and its worth it. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Is it worth a long drive to get to Yellowstone National Park? Heres a comparison of the two routes to the south and west entrances. Salt Lake City offers a budget-friendly major airport, plus an incredible opportunity for a scenic road trip. So very glad you found this helpful and could make a memorable road trip! Check our road trip itinerary collection for your perfect vacation. Outside the park, look for hotels in West Yellowstone, Montana. Hi Walt, glad you enjoyed our blog. From Cody, it takes an hour to drive to the east entrance. Check out my guides on the ultimate road trip packing list and the best road trip planning tools for all my favorite gear picks and tips to make packing for your trip a breeze! In about 90 minutes, you will reach the wild west town of Afton, Wyoming in Star Valley. If you came down the west side of Bear Lake you would have passed through Paris and Fish Haven Idaho and Garden City Utah. We have about a week to play withjust dont know if we should end in Sheridian, or make it part of our trip. I think we will have 2 to 3 days there. The setting is serene, with a multitude of aspens and spruce to keep you company. Like Afton, Jackson has its elk antler arches surrounding the town square. The biggest factors are budget and your itinerary. Learn about the top locations to stay in and around Yellowstone, with specific hotel and lodge recommendations depending on your itinerary and length of stay. You can choose from many different routes that make the trip almost as exciting as the adventures you'll have when you arrive. Amanda McCadams. https://www.funtravelog.com/yellowstone-itinerary. In our Yellowstone and Grand Teton Itinerary, get lots of practical information about how and where to rent a car, road trip routes, and advice on how to plan your time. Required fields are marked *. Silver Gate Lodging. So, what happens if you cant reserve a lodge within the park? I recommend spending your last day leisurely driving back to Salt Lake City and spending the night near the airport. As a group of 4 people, we are planning for a trip to Yellowstone. The drive from the east entrance to Cody, called the Wild Bill Cody Scenic Byway, is a beautiful drive. Faithful Street Inn. National Parks Road Trip Itinerary: Utah to Yellowstone & Grand Teton. I will have some older people with me so I wanted to break the drive up. So, if you are planning a trip for 2024, you should make your reservations in May 2023. Ive taken part of that route in Utah and really liked the scenery. I havent been to Jackson Hole since I was 11 or so, would love to go back. Planning a 6day/5nt trip to visit Yellowstone in October . This is a 4 1/2 hour drive to Jackson, Wy. Both times we visited Yellowstone we stayed outside of the park and still had an amazing experience. For part of your stay, base yourself in West Yellowstone, in Old Faithful Village, or near Yellowstone Lake. The total driving distance from Salt Lake City, UT to West Yellowstone, MT is 320 miles or 515 kilometers. In general, in-park lodging will be more expensive than staying outside of the park. 1. Why should you fly into SLC to go to Yellowstone? We typically use Booking to book our hotels but park lodging inside Yellowstone is not available with Booking. That should save you a little bit. This is a 1 hour & 55 min drive to Jackson,Wy. We had our first picnic lunch of the trip at this spot . Cheers, Julie, Your email address will not be published. [Disclaimer] for more information. I mean which park covers almost three states, has five entrances, and nearly 470 miles of roads? Grand Prismatic Spring: 50 miles, 1 hour 20 minutes Old Faithful: 57 miles, 1 hour 45 minutes Hayden Valley: 46 miles, 1 hour 15 minutes Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone: 40 miles, 1 hour 10 minutes Lamar Valley: 38 miles, 1 hour. She recommends calling the park 6 to 8 weeks before your trip to get a reservation. However, that is only one route option. While many visitors choose to drive directly from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, I argue that Grand Teton is a must-do stop on your road trip. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which is affordable and offers a shuttle service to and from the airport. Later arrivals may require changes to the itinerary and additional fees. Any recommendations on other scenic route to drive back to Salt Lake City after Yellowstone? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This guide works well with our Yellowstone itinerary post, which lists itinerary ideas from one to five days, with recommended hotel locations for each day(it will open in a new browser tab so you can easily refer back to this post). If you want to stay in a historic property and have the chance to watch an eruption of Old Faithful from your room, this is a great place to stay. Read More, As part-time travelers, we often find ourselves strapped for time. Hope this helps. Are you looking for specific tips on places to stop by or something else? Itinerary: How to Spend 1 to 5 Days In Yellowstone Things to Do: 22 Best Things to Do in Yellowstone Hikes: 15 Best Hikes in Yellowstone Getting There: 8 Best Airports Near Yellowstone When to Visit: The Best Time to Visit Yellowstone Where to Stay: Where to Stay in Yellowstone Airbnbs Nearby: 25 Best Airbnbs Near Yellowstone. The South Entrance gives you excellent access to the southern part of the park before continuing along Yellowstones Grand Loop Road throughout your visit. Stay in a rustic cabin at the Roosevelt Lodge Cabins. For itinerary ideas and recommendations on where to stay for each itinerary, More Information for Your Trip to Yellowstone, in our Wyoming Travel Guide. Arrangements must be made for the item to be picked up within 48 hours, after which the item will be placed in the lost and found for 30 days and then donated. After our stay in Yellowstone we have a flight leaving SLC at 2pm. So, now that you know the locations and the best hotels in Yellowstone, how do you choose where to stay? Hi Uma, : Adding another 15-20 miles to your route improves the experience of the journey considerably. We have a post about the different driving routes, and you can even add on Devils Tower if you like. None of them are very large and there are not many hotels. Lastly, you may be planning your trip with kids and may need to consider activities and stops according to their age group. Routes and Distance from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, Tips for Travel from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, Day 2: Scenic Drive from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole, Days 3 and 4: Visit Grand Teton National Park, Days 5, 6, and 7: Visit Yellowstone National Park, Day 8: Return from Yellowstone to Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City to Yellowstone and Grand Teton Map, Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Road Trip Variations, Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Grand Teton and Yellowstone from Salt Lake City, Final Thoughts on Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Wyoming, Best Places to See Between Salt Lake City and Grand Teton National Park, Best Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park, Where to Stay in Grand Teton National Park, Things to Do in Yellowstone National Park, Where to Stay in Yellowstone National Park, Best Things to Do Between Yellowstone National Park and Salt Lake City, Where to Stay Near the Salt Lake City International Airport. Learn how your comment data is processed. With 2 million acres of land and five park entrances, Yellowstone National Park is enormous. Sign in . Keep checking the Yellowstone Lodging website for cancellations. Trips Alerts Sign in. Originally built in 1904 as a railroad hotel, The Murray Hotel is an authentic . Inbox. Yellowstone and Grand Teton are huge and fitting all in 48 hours would leave you guys exhausted. Hello, we only have a day for Yellowstone and a day for GTNP, we arrive on a Wednesday and by Saturday one person in our group has a work event in Bozeman, from there our main interest is Glacier, but while were in the area wed like to visit Yellowstone and GTNP, do you have any recommendations as to where to fly into, where to start and where to stay? Are flight prices and timings of concern? Some of the hotels have their own pools or hot tubs. The recommendations in this post are for the summer season, May through October. As you return to your starting point, I recommend taking the faster route back via I-15. Would breaking up the trip over a few days work for them and you? Head out an hour west of the city, and youll reach Bonneville Salt Flats. Wow! And it plays automatically based on your location. Kelly Inn. From November through mid-April, many roads and close in the park. Grand Prismatic Spring: 122 miles, 3 hours Old Faithful: 118 miles, 2 hours 45 minutes Hayden Valley: 86 miles, 2 hours Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone: 93 miles, 2 hours 10 minutes Lamar Valley:94 miles, 2 hours. Rooms are basic but clean and can accommodate up to four people. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Next day we drove via Logan Canyon and Bear Lake to Jackson Hole. However I think their 2019 schedule is not open yet. We are trying to work out an itinerary that includes that date. The best location to stay outside of the park is West Yellowstone. Then try to fly back from Denver? I really like Gardiner, but it is a long drive in and out of the park from here. Learn more here. Many of the best things to do in the park can be found along these two loops. So I will have to share this with them. 1 adult. Choosing where to stay in Yellowstone might feel overwhelming, but it doesnt have to be. It's a good idea to bring along your umbrella so that you don't get caught in poor weather. If so, your first day will be spent arriving at one of these 2 airports and getting to Jackson. In this guide, learn how to plan a trip around the world. With a week-long drive from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, I recommend spending two days in Grand Teton National Park. Salt Lake City Hotels and Places to Stay 1,002 Reviews Salt Lake City, UT Little America Hotel 2,436 Reviews Salt Lake City, UT The Grand America Hotel 1,984 Reviews View Hotel Salt Lake City, UT Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City 1,495 Reviews View Hotel Salt Lake City, UT Salt Lake Plaza Hotel SureStay Collection By Best Western 1,030 Reviews Any recommendations on rental car companies? Which way is better Evanston or Logan? Here are lodging options outside of Yellowstone, located near each park entrance. Thank you! 1. Hi Bharat and Supriya, Thanks for helping to plan the trip. Take your pick from several styles of safari-style tents. It's a good idea to bring along your umbrella so that . Did you also visited Yellowstone? Then drive to Yellowstone and visit YNP on Friday. Book your campground or lodging at Yellowstone well in advance to guarantee your accommodations. Crowds? Jackson is the most convenient airport for you, but you might find that it is expensive (or impossible) to rent a car here and drop it at Glacier. drive for about 52 minutes. As we drove into The park is home to various wildlife, including grizzly bears, bison, elk, and wolves. However, one thing which we do need to rave about is the meal at Red Iguana which was delicious beyond words! Reservations open May 1 the prior year for summer (Summer 2024 reservations open May 1, 2023) and March 15 the prior year for winter. With a little more time, you can get to Lamar Valley, Old Faithful, and Grand Prismatic Spring. If my memory serves me right, it is about 1/2 way between Jackson and SLC. Since . Each room comes with a flat-screen TV, organic silk linens, and fresh flowers. Idaho Falls is also a good place to stock up on supplies that cost more in or near the park. We stayed here on our most recent visit and the drive on Wild Bill Cody Scenic Byway was the highlight. First off, prioritize your goal for the trip. This post may contain affiliate links, where I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I do not think it is worth packing and unpacking if you are here for a short stay. If you plan to visit Yellowstone in the summer of 2023, you need to make your reservations in May of 2022. Stay in a suite or a standard room, some of which can accommodate up to 7 people. Have fun on your road trip from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park! The drive to Mount Rushmore from San Francisco taking The Yellowstone Route takes around 28 hours to cover 1,800 miles, not considering any food and gas breaks. For a list of must-have experiences, read our article Best Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park. Terri from Traveling with Terri is a frequent traveler to Yellowstone. Outside of Yellowstone National Park, West Yellowstone is the best place to stay, since the driving times to the main sights will be the shortest. Under Canvas Yellowstone. These towns provide hotel options along the route from Salt Lake City to Grand Teton National Park. It is no secret that Yellowstone National Park is huge. We just returned from that trip. There is an onsite pool and hot tub and this is one of the highest rated properties in Cody. PRO TRAVEL TIP: The entrances to Yellowstone National Park are open 24 hours a day. So much so, that Ive As you look towards planning a visit to Yellowstone, driving long distances can sound intimidating especially if you are strapped for time. day 2 driving 2.5 hours. Yellowstone sits in three states: Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana, with most of its land located in Wyoming. For an upmarket hotel experience with first-rate service, look no further than the Residence Inn by Marriott Idaho Falls. On our 2019 road trip from Grand Teton to Yellowstone to Glacier, this is what we did: Starting in Grand Teton National Park, we got an early start, visited the sights in southern Yellowstone, and then spent one night in West Yellowstone (at the Kelly Inn). But on this trip, she was up and pushing me to get in the car before sunrise. Spending a final night in Salt Lake City allows you to have a relaxing road trip from Yellowstone to Salt Lake City. The pics just keep getting better with each post! We however flew into Salt lake city and road tripped to Jackson. 3 free breakfasts Exclusive 2-hours stay in Mt Rushmore You should also take into account your route through the park. If not then, I would drive north on I15 into Idaho, maybe spending the night in Idaho Falls (about 3 hr drive). Hotel. Choosing where to stay in Yellowstone depends on several factors: how many days you plan to visit Yellowstone, how far in advance you are making your reservations, and where you plan to go, both before and after your visit. The best driving route from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park. What about adding GNP to the YNP and GTNP itinerary? Call us crazy, but our long weekend trip to Charleston was booked eleven months in We are travelling from Indian and visiting yellowstone in 1st week of june. The Historic Murray Hotel/Google Maps. Tower Falls. Read More: 25 Best Things to Do in Grand Teton, If you want to learn more about Grand Teton National Park, check out these posts! Where to Stay: 35 Best Places to Stay in Grand Teton Camping: 7 Best Campgrounds in Grand Teton Things to Do: 25 Best Things to Do in Grand Teton Hikes: 18 Best Hikes in Grand Teton National Park Add Yellowstone: 7 Days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Day 2: Scenic Drive from Salt Lake to Jackson Hole. Sign up below to get a free copy of my 28-page national park ebook to help you plan your upcoming national park trip! This drive takes roughly 5 hours via I-15. We took a tour to Yellowstone and although I loved it, I would have wanted to stay longer- so I guess- next time, I will go on a road trip. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Fly from Salt Lake City (SLC) to West Yellowstone (WYS) 3h 36m $422 - $1,172 Cheapest Train, bus, drive Take the train from North Temple Station to Ogden Station Take the bus from Ogden, UT to Rexburg Take the bus from Rexburg, ID to Island Park Drive from Island Park to Yellowstone National Park 10h 16m $64 - $122 Fly to Jackson, drive Here's why: You've had an exhilarating day of a drive today- why not celebrate it with a nice meal and a few drinks? Are you visiting multiple national parks in the next year? It is one of the most scenic drives in the USA and it starts in Cooke City. This massive national park requires at least three days to see the highlights and experience the parks immense wildlife, features, and views. Can you tell us how much time one needs in Yellowstone National Park and where does one finds a good place to stay around Yellowstone National Park as all 24/7 coffee in the kitchen. The elk arch in Afton looks incredible! Yellowstone Gateway Inn. Read More, So youve been dreaming of visiting the Sunshine State (Florida) for a while and finally Driving to Yellowstone is just as much fun as getting there! The Old Faithful Inn is a National Historic Landmark and one of the last remaining log hotels in the United States. drive for about 58 minutes. We cant wait to make a visit to Utah state again, the scenery all over is a photographers paradise! This town is a home base for Grand Teton National Park. Appreciate your help, Hello, glad you liked our blog! If you prefer maps, Ive also embedded both routes below. The main reason for starting and ending your Yellowstone road trip in Salt Lake City is the large airport located here, but its an incredible place to visit too! So glad you had a good time! After spending a day exploring Salt Lake City, youll head towards Grand Teton National Park, the first destination on your road trip! Cody Cowboy Village. Behold the Running of the Tubs in Hot Springs, AR. 378 mi Total Distance 6 hrs 26 mins Drive Time stay for about 1 hour. Outside of Yellowstone, I recommend stayingin West Yellowstone. While youre here, you could also check out our blog about an itinerary for Yellowstone National Park to know whats in store. Nearby you'll find a variety of eateries and bars, and you can shop at City Creek Center, which boasts more than 100 stores and restaurants. Your route sounds great. We're making the trek from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park and we want . The Old Faithful Lodge Cabins and the Old Faithful Snow Lodge are also located near Old Faithful. Is Garden City close? The America the Beautiful National Park Pass gets you into 400+ national park sites, including all 63 national parks, for 12 months! The average temperatures are between 59F and 86F. It comes right before you start taking the curvy roads down to the town center. Also, dont worry about the tolls as there are none (even though Google says so). Answer 1 of 5: We're heading to Yellowstone for the first time next week. Its truly a sight to see! Pick and choose your stops along the way to build your own road trip including . The airport is only 3 miles away to the park, a 7-minute drive), Cody, WY to East Entrance (52 miles, 1 hour), Jackson, WY to Yellowstone South Entrance (57 miles, 1 hour), Idaho Falls to Yellowstone West Entrance (108 miles, 1.48 hours), Pocatello Yellowstone West Entrance (158 miles, 2.32 hours), Salt Lake City to South Yellowstone (300+miles, 4.5-6 hours), SLC to Garden City, Afton, Jackson, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone South Entrance (distance 355 miles), SLC to Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Mesa Falls scenic byway, West Yellowstone (distance 323 miles), Go for a horseback ride at one of the nearby ranches. Thanks again for doing this! We stayed here on our most recent visit to Yellowstone and had a great experience. With 3 or more days, I recommend staying in two different locations (unless you are lucky enough to get a reservation at Canyon Village). Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay between SLC and Yellowstone for 1 night. That way you could also see Grand Teton National Park. And with the gardens and interior decor, this property is beautiful. We have a 10 day itinerary that links all 3 parks. The rooms are clean and quiet. . Usually the days in August are hot while the nights are a bit cooler. While there are infinite things to do in this touristy town, dont miss: Read More: Best Hotels Near Grand Teton and Best Campgrounds in Grand Teton. Let us know how did it go , [] with the best driving route from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone National Park, take a look at our five favorite driving routes in the area with some beautiful photos of [].

Coaching Girls Basketball, Hasura Function Mutation, Bryant Bank Board Of Directors, Ambulance Height Clearance Requirements, Articles H