best left handed riflesbest left handed rifles

Its worth noting that the Ruger M77 African in .375 Ruger is currently just about the only production big-bore available in left-hand action. I have a CX4 set up for left-hand, and I am looking at the ARX-100. Springfield XDM 45 3.8 Compact The Best Rifles of 2023 . Though built as a standard right-handed rifle, many AUGs can be easily convertible to a left-handed version. So, its not a big deal. As a result, the American Tactical recently announced the company will offer two new bolt-action rifle systems from Black Creek Labs. It has ambidextrous mag drop and thumb safety. For Beretta fans, this pistol is definitely a great option. The Weatherby Mark V utilizes either a 6- or 9-lug, push-feed action. There have been several bottom-ejecting slide-actions (from Browning, Ithaca, and Remington), but only one bottom-ejecting semiauto, Remingtons short-lived 105 CTi 11. If theres one thing we can say about the Ridgeline from Christensen Arms, its that it caters to left-handed rifle shooters who need plenty of variety in terms of caliber. I was looking for recommendations for a left-handed or bottom eject shotgun. I have a randall left hand curtis lemay commemorative. That said, Right Handed AR style BOLT actions, are great for Lefties, because your dominant hand stays on the control (just like in tactical training), AND you don't get the top of your Left thumb removed when working the bolt, AND the safety is in the same place as your AL. Topped with a Leupold 4-12X scope in Weatherby-marked Talley Rings, the .257 was zeroed at 200 yards, with only a 9-inch drop at 400 yards! I can comfortably run about any handgun with adjusted technique but my favorite 'left hand friendly' pistols are the FNX-45 Tactical, S&W M&P 9 and Canik TP9 Combat Elite. Choose from a variety of calibers, barrel lengths, actions, and other options to find your one of a kind rifle. I just haven't seen it yet in a 9mm pistol. Savage 110 Tactical 308 Win Bolt-Action Rifle with 24-Inch Threaded Barrel (Left-Handed Model) Notify Me When Available. Beretta APX A1. It's as light as it is rugged, weighing in at less than 7 pounds without any optics. guns & Maybe someone out there might know of an altered Glock-compatible frame set up this way? That's changing, and with it, demand for left handed choices will increase as more new left handed and left eye dominant shooters learn with proper tools. All Rights Reserved, Southpaw Centerfires: Our Top 8 Left-Handed Rifle Picks. She does like my 22LR revolver, but I would rather her have a semiauto. The gas-operated SX4 has a back-bored barrel with Invector Plus interchangeable choke tubes. Out of Stock. I love the Springfield Armory XD series pistols. Ejects downward so it's good for all. I did see the Kel-Tec RDB reference in another post. This upper is built around an 18-inch 416R stainless heavy barrel. We've gathered a list of the left-handed uppers we think work the best. The X-Bolt is designed with a three-lug bolt, rotary drop-box magazine, and bolt-unlock button. I dont even think about it. Completely agree. He played a right-handed Fender Stratocaster upside down. I think a Glock 19 with a charging handle may fill the bill. Publisher Kevin Steele is in the Beretta booth with Logan Killam, the Shotgun Product Manager, to discuss the all new Beretta A300 Ultima Turkey. Kali Parmley of Gun Dog Magazine talks to George Thompson from Benelli USA about the new features from the Benelli line in 2023. The list of options and customizations available covers pretty much every sporting rifle use from tactical and self-defense to hunting. I personally love them) At the end of the day, something other than a Glock, Sig, or S&W should get at the very least a review. Great Left-Handed Guns, Great Features. Anyway, before I saw the Stag disappointment, my son had presented me with a "build" using a RedX Arms (Great company by the way) LEFT HAND upper, and ambidextrous controls on everything, for my retirement. I have Pico and certainly appreciate even the ambidextrous mag release. This is what you get when a right handed person tries to decide what's best for you.The two best options a completely ambidextrious, and a gun designed specifically for left handed are the bottom of the list. All Affinity shotguns have the shock-absorbing TSA recoil pad. It is really hard to find reputable information or reviews on the APX series in general, let alone the Centurion. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. There are a lot of great guns out there for left-handed shooters, including this Rock River LEF-T AR. Check out our round-up of the Best Left-Handed AR-15s. Not to mention, sling swivels, a lock, and a free set of earplugs round out the package. But damn it, what an amazing piece! The bullpup is fed by a choice of 10-, 30-, or even 42-round magazines. I like the paddle style mag release too. Interchangeable backstraps allow custom fitting of the gun to the shooter. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. Hot brass zipping past your face or arm is not my idea of a good time. Thanks for writing! Its much easier to load when held in the left hand. Shooting in the kneeling or standing position I got used to hot brass hitting me in the face below my right eye high on my cheek. I operate a Tavor X95 with left-side ejection port. Stag Arms - The original left handed AR-15 Tromix - Left handed .458 upper Wilson Combat - Left Handed Rifle and Pistol Zev Technologies (Formerly Mega)- Ambidextrous lowers Semi-Automatic Rifles IWI US - Tavor SAR & X95 Beretta USA - ARX100, ARX-160 , Cx4 Storm Desert Tech - MDR Kel-Tec - RFB, RDB , CMR-30, Steyr - Aug A3 Bolt action rifles Many manufacturers have done more for the right brained left dominant shooter that most "normal" left brained right handed folks realize. If I update this piece, I'll be sure to include one. Springfield and even straight 1911's (most of the ones I have tried) are more kind with the backsplash and brass then the Glocks are. That covers everything from oil-finished and high-gloss wood stocks all the way over to high-end synthetics in the latest camouflage patterns. It is truly set up for lefties out of the box. Smith & Wesson, M&P handgun is available with ambidextrous safety that I as a Lefty find convenient. Best Coyote Cartridge: .223 Remington vs .22-250 Remington, Federal Terminal Ascent Hunting Bullet: Field Review, Predator Hunting with .17 Caliber Rifle: Pros and Cons, Tested Tough - Modern Zeiss Sports Optics. Once you learn to use the index finger (that shouldn't be on the trigger anyway) rather than the thumb on magazine releases, for example, and you will swear many handguns are designed to be left handed. It comes from the Latin for left because the ancient Romans thought there was something evil about left-handed people. The overall length of the AUG is just a hair over 28 inches even with a 16-inch heavy barrel, making it significantly more compact than a standard M4 carbine. $ 1,999.00. While the majority of single-shot rifles are, by their nature, more lefty-friendly than other actions, precious few remain in current production. Both, unfortunately, have right handed controls. Sick of blazing hot brass passing your nose? As a right-handed left-eye dominant shooter, I am much more agile loading cartridges and magazines and running the action with my right hand. The Tikka T3 is a wildly popular rifle among the most hardcore whitetail deer hunters. While there are not southpaw versions of every 110 model in the catalog, there are plenty to scratch the itch. It seems gun manufacturers have gone along with that, as well. The 12-gauge A400 Xtreme features Beretta's Blink gas-operated system that utilizes a piston with an elastic band that serves as a gasket. Brad, I had to limit my choices. The less a left-handed shooter has to adapt to a right-handed stance, the better. Since the whole top of the slide is open at the barrel hood, that part wouldn't be an issue - but I'm no gunsmith. It costs around 50 bucks for a frame. Appreciate your comments! AND YES, it is so nice to have that BLAST and HOT BRASS going away from my face. Who hasnt heard of Browning guns? The 110 Magpul LH is a target version, with upgraded Magpul stock, Cerakote finish, and heavy 18-inch barrel. Even though Im not a strong fan of the Austrian pistol, I acknowledge its popularity and reliability. Now I learn the FOUNDER allowed this? Rifles Left Handed Department Pistols Left Handed Rifles Left Handed Shotguns Left Handed Caliber 17 HMR (3) 22 WMR (3) 22-250 Remington (3) 223 Remington (4) 22LR (19) 243 Winchester (6) 25-06 Remington (2) 257 Weatherby Magnum (3) 270 Winchester (4) 270 WSM (1) 30-06 Springfield (5) 300 PRC (3) 300 Weatherby Magnum (3) 300 Win Mag (5) 300 WSM (1) Mauser 98 Sporter, 270Win, Left Hand Stock, Universal 3-9. One of the commenters here mentioned the palm swell. Most repeating firearms eject to the right, for the right-handed majority. 110 TACTICAL LEFT HAND. Its also proven to withstand 100,000 lbs./sq. I love FN pistols! While Steyrs SSG was one of the first military bolt-action rifles to use space-age materials, the 5.56mm NATO Army Universal Gun, or AUG, was the first truly space-age-looking weapon. I adapted a long time ago to RH firearms, but I wanted to let fellow lefties know that there are LH-friendly guns out there. Such events are rare, but if a lefty is using a right-eject firearm and has one, the bad stuff is directed straight into the right side of the face. Weve just scratched the surface of whats available here. Never looking back to ARs. While another platform remains a top choice, sadly the T/C Encore and Contender lines of single-shot rifles are not in current production at the time of this writing. Ive also worked RH bolt guns with my left hand when locked in a sling, and with my right hand when not. $1,718.99. You didn't mention three of the best options for fully left-handed pistols: Cabot Guns S100 Southpaw, the Cabot Guns S103 Southpaw, or the New Order Firearms NO9 (left-handed version). We already have an account registered for email address The most economical of the three is the Franchi Affinity, a great shotgun. Offering a truly ambidextrous, long-lever slide release and reversible mag release, this gun works well in the hands of lefties. There are even 1911 pistols set up in mirror images of traditional ones. New for Browning is the detachable rotary magazine on the Medallion. Different from virtually all sporting rifles is the scope-mounting system that gives the X-Bolt its name: Four screws in each base in a square or X, so that the bases are secured on each corner. The AUG offers both short and long Picatinny rails for mounting your choice of optics and you can choose between an integrated 1.5x optic or an integrated 3x optic. Remington Society. Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon. It's a real shame that the APX series (mostly by no ones fault but Beretta themselves) hasn't had the opertunity to excell. At first, I was afraid that I would not be able to duplicate my battery of arms for southpaw use. The non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor has a fixed blade-type ejector that ejects empty cases as the bolt is moved backward, so no more dodging casings on your non-dominant side. The mag release, bolt release, and safety are on the correct sides of the gun for lefties. GI#: 102190921. You talk about a beretta for crying out loud and mention the Sig as an afterthought. People are going to have their own opinions on which is best. The hunting rifle will provide you with a degree of dependability and accuracy that almost no other model can equal. She sure will take some retraining, but for my dream rifle, it will be worth it! There are few guns out there that are truly lefty friendlybut dont worry, lefty models exist. Ive been left-handed since I made my appearance into this world, and I do most everything left-handed. Fortunately, we still have choices. I never knew I had it so bad until I actually shot an RDB. Not just in offices, they went to law enforcement and competitive shooters to get information on what THEY wanted or didn't want out of a handgun. I've tried to do offset scope mounts and other things that haven't worked either. . ft. pressure. I'm also a big fan of Beretta's rifles for the same reason. It would be a lot nice if this article was written by a lefty instead of the once removed stories of what someone else likes. I know I have one. Ruger offers variations on the Gunsite Scout to include different calibers (.308 Win, .350 Legend, .450 Bushmaster) and blue or stainless finish and stocks. Thats a win in my book! Now its time to ask why, as a normal right-handed shooter, did I get so interested in firearms designed for the other team? Though the heyday of Winchesters levers has passed, the company continues to crank out a selection of models to this day. Savage Arms 110 Tactical Left Hand 6.5mm Creedmoor Bolt Action Rifle. One of the most revered production over-unders accommodates left-handed shooters. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. You forgot one of my favorites! I have always just used right handed rifles. You have to analyse what works best for your situation, and adapt everything else around it. For more information, visit ruger.com, Left-handed rifles have come a long way and the Apex Hunter XP Left Hand from Savage Arms proves just that. Introducing the Veracity PH from Burris, the perfect combination of reliability, quality, and technology delivering a simple aiming solutiona tool for the hunter that just works. Left-handed shooters will appreciate this feature-packed rifle that was designed with their ergonomics in mind. Serial number- R1-003800. Heckler & Koch VP9. (Slide Serrations Aside. I wasn't slighting any brand. CZs basic side-by-side shotgun is back as Generation 2 (G2), with CNC-machined receiver and redesigned internal parts. The new Super X4 goes a step farther, and is available in left-hand mirror image. For more information, visit, ENTER TO WIN > Free Gun Friday for your chance to WIN the SIG Sauer P320 AXG Legion and Black Hills HoneyBadger Ammo, Anderson Manufacturing Kiger-9c Pro: Upgrades and EDC Ready, Stow it and Go: The Volquartsen 22 LR VT2 Takedown Rifle. The Henry is a modern production version of the Air Force's Armalite survival rifle and works just fine. Just a quick glance turns up more than a dozen chamberings on left-handed models. Their chambers are just a touch larger to provide functioning and reliability with different ammo types, three mags are included, and the ambi slide release is very appreciated. Yeah, those ejection issues are real. Ambi right out of the box. Air Arms Daystate Weihrauch BSA Brocock Kral Gamo Crosman Walther Umarex Legends Reximex Combination Packages Pro Combination Packages Pre-Charged (PCP) Spring Powered Bullpup Multi Shot Bolt Action Left Handed Tactical Underlever Gas Ram Break Barrel Lever . For $400, this gun is a steal. It's a mirror image of the iconic Ruger 10/22 that has only been offered in a right-hand configuration since it was introduced in 1964. You can see them on Browning's web site. The Savage Arms Model 110, the company's bread-and-butter bolt-action rifle, has long been respected for its blend of affordability and accuracy. These guns are not out-of-the-box left-friendly but can be made that way with a few swappable parts. 45acp. It was also one of the first production hunting rifles to be offered in a mirror-image left-hand version. They are pretty much already ambidextrous, so we dont need to discuss them. The Inflex Technology recoil pad directs recoil down and away from the face, reducing recovery time between shots. There are degrees of eye dominance, but there is sound argument for shooting on the dominant side, simply because most sighting systems rely heavily on use of one eye. UK Left Handed Rifles. As a lefty, I've never been bothered by RH ejections. True Left hand ejection. Add to Compare. Any suggestions. The magazine release is ambidextrous (both sides). Worth mentioning that the slide rides in the frame, not on it this lowers the bore axis, which can help with recoil and accuracy. There was a left handed CZ 455 for a short time, but CZ has dropped almost all of their left handed models as of last year. The left-hand version is 12-gauge with three-inch chamber and black synthetic stock. This is not exactly true today, but the Savage 110 is available in more variations and options than any other product left-handed firearm! Though alt-handed variants have come and gone for decades, they were few and far between and often required special order. Type your new password and hit button below to confirm it. As a lefty, Ive had to adapt all my life. For my handguns I like my Glocks (G19 gen5 & G45) well enough. There is very little info on them, but from the best of my knowledge and HOURS of web searching. There were actually two production auto pistols made in the last century, the Walther P38 and P5, that eject to the left. As a result, the gun runs clean and softens the impact of recoil. As for firearms, I learned on revolvers. Second, they generally don't bother to advertise what little they do make. Just remove the action from the stock, switch over the ejection port cover, and install the left-handed bolt. But the cream of the crop is the Gunsite Scout in .308. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. Im talking about semi-auto pistols with reversible magazine releases and similar features. Though not marketed specifically to left-handed shooters, Rugers No. Kimber was founded in 1979, and its rifles have been favored by discriminating hunters and shooters ever since. Other features include metal sights, a new trigger, and de-horning for a comfortable carry gun. Christensen Arms Ridgeline If there's one thing we can say about the Ridgeline from Christensen Arms, it's that it caters to left-handed rifle shooters who need plenty of variety in terms of caliber. Copyright 2023 Pew Pew Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The pie-chart with things people say is excellent, by the way. I've built multiple ar15s with them. Notify When In Stock. The Savage 110 Apex Hunter XP LH is a package rifle, complete with 3-9x40mm Vortex scope, available in 13 chamberings, including .350 Legend. Available in a left-handed model, this rifle incorporates one of the smoothest actions on today's hunting market. On top of this, the rifle delivers accuracy and adjustability due to the Savage AccuTrigger, floating bolt head, and customizable length-of-pull. One of Americas finest bolt-action production rifles the Mark V series comes from Weatherby, now based in Sheridan, Wyoming. How many left handed .22's are there? Find the perfect left handed rifle for you at The AirGun Centre. While the majority of our focus falls on sporting needs, not all left-handed rifles are geared specifically toward hunters or plinkers. Kevin Steele stops by the Taurus booth to speak with Cody Osborn about the all new Raging Hunter platform from Taurus International. Shotguns? Now, we have the uber expensive Anschuetz models, the Browning T-Bolt, and a few models from Savage. As a lefty, what d you think about using a Ruger 10/22 Takedown or the Henry AR-7 Survival Rifle? For more information, visit, Comfort is enhanced thanks to the soft-rubber buttpad with spacers which allow the rifle to be appropriately sized for shooters of all sizes. I've long felt a degree of loyalty to Remington for doing that. It takes a mere minutes to swap frames and that is the only thing you have to do. FNS9 AND FNS9C are the best for us lefties, bar none, mossburg 500 and browning are best shotguns ,safeties are on top , and browning ejects at bottom,.any bolt action rifle with safety in front of trigger. Check out our extensive line up for left handed bolt action rifles, slug guns and more -- from hunting, long range, and plinking rifles, Savage has you covered. Thanks for writing! The bersa trp9 has safty, slide release and I think mag releases on both sides of gun. For more information, visit savagearms.com, We couldnt have a list of left-handed rifles without throwing in a tactical firearm. Thank you for actually acknowledging the Berreta APX Centurion! The ones who don't complain about it can be considered "fanboys". I also hold the gun relatively centered across my body. She likes. Our Top 7 Left-Handed Rifles 1. I love my Kel-Tec RDB! No iron sights, instead it has a 30 MOA Picatinny rail strip provided. No more worries about busted out teeth from the charging handle on other bullpup models. But that also means that one in 10 shooters is probably left-handed, and while some, Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcement, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our, to make it a stalwart hunting companion. Her being left handed. As a matter of fact, the Latin word for left is sinister nuff said. Every person i have blessed with letting shoot my Centurion has LOVED it. In the event of a catastrophic failure, hot gases and shrapnel are directed to the right (and/or down), away from the shooters face. As a left-handed shooter, I have adapted to a right-handed world of guns. If you are a fan of traditional DA/SA pistols, you might want to check out the P-07 or one of its many variants from CZ they are truly well-built guns. Not all the model variants offer a mirror image, but that growth has not neglected lefties. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. I also desire to purchase an HK VP9 when supply & demand balances out more. The magazine is the ingenious and long-familiar 10-shot rotary magazine. Nick, I'm not aware of any strictly LH AKs, although I'm sure they're out there. This is a good thing as it secures the bases at all four corners. Introduced in 2009, the P-07 was their modern interpretation of the venerable CZ-75. I owed a 30.06 and loved it. This is not exactly true today, but the Savage 110 is available in more variations and options than any other product left-handed firearm! Remington Model 700 CDL. Of course, a look at used listings will turn up plenty of earlier Model 94s with angled ejection, a long-proven design in a handful of classic chamberings to include .30-30 Winchester and .32 Win Special. We tested a Mark V Accumark in .257 Magnum, Roy Weatherbys favorite of all the calibers he created. All Rights Reserved. For more information, visit steyr-arms.com, Lets see, weve got semi-automatic rifles and bolt-action rifles for left-handed shooters on this list, but what about lever-action rifles? Springfield EMP4 9mm Champion (ambi safety) Ive noticed in the short period I have had the gun, that I always grab the forward serrations for this exact reason. Their LAR-15 LEF-T is a reverse-designed semi-automatic sporting rifle chambered in .223 Rem/5.56 NATO as well as .223 Wylde. The .257s 26-inch barrel launches an 80-grain Barnes TTSX bullet at 3,800 fps, making it one of the hardest-hitting, flattest-shooting varmint guns in the world. Read up on his thoughts or watch the full video review below. Included is a Stag mil-spec, Magnetic Particle Inspected M16 bolt and carrier group that is Salt Bath Nitride-treated for long-term use and simple cleaning. Now we know that isnt true, with about 10 percent of the worlds population being left-handed. The only RH gun I ever got rid of was my Tavor because the brass was hitting me in the chin, burning me and causing occasional jambs. Brownings X-Bolt opts for a three-lever Feather Trigger. Engineered for the bulk of shooters (who happen to be right-handed), standard weapon controls are positioned so a right-handed shooter can easily click security, release a magazine, or cycle a bolt. Theres even a single-shot youth rifle in .243 Win with a 22-inch barrel and lesser length of pull, which is also ideal for any small-framed shooters and not just youngsters. Their single-shot rifles can be had in a healthy array of styles, finishes, and chamberings. Third, until very recently, most of us had to adapt to right handed designs when learning to shoot, and people tend to stick with what they're accustomed to, even when there are better choices available. For more information, visit christensenarms.com, Theres a lot to be said about the left-handed .308 Win Ruger Scout Rifle. Give a Gift Though a relatively new design among bolt-action rifles, Brownings X-Bolt platform has exploded in recent years. To a person they all stopped when they got to the part explaining the real hazards for leftys. Wed be remiss not to mention the modularity of Steyrs AUG. From my (limited) experience with them, LH shooters are generally OK with them the way they are, as the brass goes mostly to the side and not towards your face with most models. Accurate. The Czech company esk Zbrojovka has long been known for manufacturing guns popular with many types of shooters. Get Guns.com offers and news!! The 1:7 twist rate and a rifle-length gas system let shooters apply a wide array of cartridges. For once, southpaws neednt sacrifice features for comfort and ergonomics. For rifles, I've built an AR-15 lower w/ full ambi controls. Beretta is the parent company for Benelli and Franchi. The Mark V Accumark is available for left-handed shooters in .257 Wby Mag, .30-378 Wby Mag, .300 Wby, .338-378 Wby, and 6.5-300 Wby. FN is a great manufacturer with quality firearms. And it's not often you can find a good quality left-handed pistol at such a low price as the NO9. Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. The Savage 110 Apex Hunter XP LH is a "package" rifle, complete with 3-9x40mm Vortex scope, available in 13 chamberings, including .350 Legend. Keep Reading. Why? PS - Thanks for the wonderful article and other options. Then I hand them my left-handed AR to shoot. Savage Arms 110 Storm Left Hand 6.5mm Creedmoor Bolt Action Rifle. And you have a long, right-side lever to drop the slide. I cant use left handed scissors because I grew up using right handed ones in school. Style: 57009. As we make purchasing decisions, we need to support the manufacturers who support us. Like most lefties, I grew up with right-handed firearms. The Walther PDP (Personal Defense Pistol) is available in several configurations. Shop Left Handed Rifles Now Our Left-Handed Rifle Collection RIDGELINE SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | 6.3-6.8 LBS | RETAIL $1,995 Learn More MESA SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | 6.5-7.3 LBS | RETAIL $1,295 Learn More RIDGELINE TITANIUM SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | STARTING AT 5.8 LBS | RETAIL $2,495 Learn More MESA TITANIUM SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | STARTING AT 6.1 LBS | RETAIL $1,795 During my tour in the Army I had a black line On my cheek as if it was drawn on with a pencil. Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. As to specialty arms two of the prides of my collection are 1970s BSA Martini International Mark IIs. Of course, the singles and every other Henry firearm are made in America. Its laminated stock is set off by the stainless barrel.

Matthew Monaghan Director, Dyckman Shooting December 13, 2021, Lori Beth Denberg Child, Articles B