1949 studebaker commander1949 studebaker commander

Run and Drive. My own personal requirement on any deal is that I have to be able to speak personally on the phone with the owner of the vehicle. 2016, 2017 and 2018. Extremely beautiful vehicle with 65,370 original miles, every. It was painte 1957 Studebaker Commander in O'Fallon, IL, 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk in Saint Louis, MO, 1966 Studebaker Cruiser in Santa Rosa, CA, 1945 Studebaker Rat Rod Truck in Euless, TX, 1955 Studebaker Commander in Christiansburg, VA, 1928 Studebaker Commander in Cadillac, MI, 1962 Studebaker lark cruiser in Farmington, MI, 1938 Studebaker President in Midlothian, TX, 1962 Studebaker Gran Turismo in Scottsdale, AZ, 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk Grand Torisimo Classic Original Rare Car in Moose Lake, MN, 62 Studebaker P/U project or parts in Black Canyon City, AZ, 1955 Studebaker Commander in Cadillac, MI, 1960 Studebaker Champ Pick up - - by dealer - vehicle in Mauldin, SC, 1958 Studebaker Silver Hawk in Cadillac, MI, 1937 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in MN, 1962 Studebaker Gran Turismo in Staunton, IL, 1963 Studebaker Gran Turismo in Milford, OH, 1952 Studebaker Champion 4dr in Berthoud, CO, 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk Grand Torisimo Classic Original Rare Car - in Moose Lake, MN, 1955 Studebaker presidential Speedster only 2200 ever made - cars & in Concord, CA, 1948 Chev Pickup Hot Rod 350/700R4 - cars & trucks - by owner - in Eau Claire, MN, 1963 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk - cars & trucks - by owner - in Albany, OR, 1953 Studebaker - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale in Mobile, AL, 1959 studebaker lark - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive in Satsop, WA, Antique cars - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale in Odessa, TX, 1959 Studebaker Silver Hawk 350 V8 Custom Stock# 6669 - cars & in Torrance, CA, 1963 Studebaker Gran Truismo - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in Westport, NY, 1962 Studebaker Champ Pick Up Truck Classic for Sale - cars & trucks in Monticello, NY, 1950 Studebaker champion - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in San Diego, CA, 2 dr Studebaker Lark - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive in leominster, MA, studebaker 1955 x 2 commanders - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in Port Orange, FL, Studebaker 1962 Champ Pick Up Truck - cars & trucks - by owner - in Monticello, NY, 1949 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe project - cars & trucks - in Lodi, OH, 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in Webster, FL, 1954 Studebaker Champion - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in Rockdale, TX, 1950 Studebaker Champion - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in Austin, TX, 1957 Studebaker President Complete Original Driven Daily - cars & in Oceanside, CA, CLASSIC ANTIQUE CAR! 289 V-8 engine, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes. Classifieds for 1949 to 1962 Studebaker Vehicles. LoL. $29990.00 Serious and qualified buyers 59 studebaker lark All stock Flathead 6 cylinder Automatic Great driver! in and see these Studebaker '49er trucks! Find 18 used Studebaker Commander as low as $12,950 on Carsforsale.com. If you're looking for a classic Studebaker Commander, look no further than Hemmings, the premiere online classic car dealer of the US! The body style was shared with the President and Commander series for 1936. A 49 has the 245 engine. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. Believe me, you have my profound respect and admiration. 1950 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe, 1951 Studebaker Commander State 4-Door Sedan, 1952 Studebaker Commander State Convertible, 1953 Studebaker Commander V-8 Regal 4-Door Sedan, 1954 Studebaker Commander V8 Deluxe Starlight Coupe, In 1963, Studebaker again resurrected the Commander name for the 1964 model year, applying it to the next-to-lowest-priced Lark model, the Challenger being below. 1955 Studebaker Commander in Christiansburg, VA This Studebaker was garage kept all its life. Im selling my 1962 Studebaker Lark 2dr 6cyl automatic trans, with 65,000 orig miles and I have a clean title. Studebaker built 268,565 cars total for the 1951 model year, of which 124,329 were Commanders (including 38,055 Land Cruisers). In our town there were two examples of the breed. It had the 226. The car was based on the 1953 2-door Starliner hardtop. They were built on the same frame as the new Starliner and Starlight coupe models but, as with many new models, there were some initial problems, primarily with the fit of the front fenders. Ive bought literally scores of vehicles sight-unseen and had them shipped. Classics on Autotrader is your one-stop shop for the best classic cars, muscle cars, project cars, exotics, hot rods, classic trucks, and old cars for sale. The car could easily be driven as it is, but a repaint in that original Plaza Grey would have the car looking 100%. All top end parts except carb and distributor. Starlighardtop Coup Everything under the hood looks original and the factory 6-volt electrical system works fine. Extremely beautiful vehicle with 65,370 original miles, every . Or subscribe without commenting. I like the looks of these better than the bullet nose versions. On the Champion, a gold S replaced the 8. Runs and drives nice. 15-speed with front/rear suspension. It features outstanding body features and body flaring. Please Note The Following *Vehicle Location is at our clients home and Not In Cadillac, Michigan. Body in decent shape. Studebaker Box, Needs finishing touches, New Tires, Just had new windshield installed. It was pristine, and came with a encyclopedia set size pile of maintenance records, detailing ball joint changes and other fairly deep type work. It is all original with 90 percent original paint, having only the hood repainted due to sun fading. Modern radio/CD. The Studebaker company had a problem with the Mercedes-Benz company. They were the first redesigned post war American cars, 2 years ahead of others. 2016, 2017 and 2018. 1949 Studebaker Four Door Sedan. Frame Boxed with Cross bracing a, Rare 1949 Studebaker Champion Royal Deluxe convertible. 1949 Studebaker Commander Unavailable $ 3,000 1949 Studebaker Commander. Regal Deluxe 2 Door Of course it needs work to make it a show car. The Land Cruiser name officially returned in 1941 and 1942. cushions (standard except on Champions), Automatic overdrive, 1945 Studebaker Rat Rod Truck with a 302, five speed transmission new tires and all tuned up the car is super cool to drive and fast. The first series would have a production run from 1947-49, which included the sellers 49 Commander Regal DeLuxe convertible. Very relaxing and Ive got a cargo trailer to attach for grocery runs when gas gets too much to justify driving my truck (Im dreading that day but fear its looming on the horizon). 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. Solid car for the year. Commander Super fun truck. The reason Im selling is because my wife has been out of work for 3 months now and Studebaker commanders .. v8 auto 1 has 68k mile will need fuel pump installed unique rare find of American made history .. 3rd owner ? For 1947-1953 Studebaker Commander Brake Hose Centric 99855FP 1951 1948 1949 (Fits: Studebaker Commander) $23.17. Matching 1937 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup 270 HEMI,& 6PACK, Work of Art. Location. :-) My grandmother had the foresight to have put a shower curtain and two old towels down for my mom to lie on. The name was applied to various products in the company's line-up from year to year. And i nascar , i dont drive but i am always willing to let someone merge in . Restored in 2007. Production Land Cruisers began to appear in dealer showrooms in the fall of 1933 as 1934 models. The more that I look at the car, the more I have to wonder just how amazing it must have been to travel in the back seat. In contrast, Studebaker also built 4,742 1951 Champion Regal convertibles. Stop Champion and Commander sedans, Coups, convertibles a Short block motor and trans still in truck. IT HAS THE ORIGINAL 289 V8 WITH CHROME VALVE COVERS, ALSO SOME PERFORMANCE ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT, ELECTRIC FUEL P 1955 Studebaker Champion. We may not love the same cars but we are nevertheless bound by the same passion When the other items ran their course, they were replaced by non-tri-star items. Solid car for the year. There are 98 new and used 1949 to 1962 Studebakers listed for sale near you on ClassicCars.com with prices starting as low as $500. Like a lot of automotive stylists, Exner was influenced by contemporary aircraft designs. 1949 Studebaker Commander Pricing Original MSRP N/a Price range N/a Average price on CG $0 YoY price change N/a Date Sep 22 Oct 22 Nov 22 Dec 22 Jan 23 Feb 23 Price (US $) $22,000 $24,000 $26,000 $28,000 $30,000 1951 Studebaker Commander 1950 Studebaker Commander 1949 Studebaker Commander 1948 Studebaker Commander Index Price See more price trends Studebaker Performance, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Studebaker_Commander&oldid=1114340407, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 6 October 2022, at 00:56. The Commander was the company's mainstream product, the Studebaker Champion was the junior model, and other models were short lived or renamed as market conditions required. Keep in mind that the Studebaker engines of the time did not go 100,000 miles without a rebuild, my fathers 50, same engine, went only 40,000 miles and 4 years before it was toast. Good to see someones trying to keep this one out of the crusher. It has an honest 46,345 miles and has never seen rain. These long-stroke engines were well known for their durability and low-end torque. Actually, Rodney, I remember it vividly. Run and Drive. We love ours! Runs and drives good. probably would never have drawn any connection between the two brands.) . Also has 2.5" Aluminized Magnaflow muffler, dual in/out, # 11386.This truck is a rocket - the "fun-est" thing I have ever driven. 1949 Studebaker Commander. No convertible was offered in 1953. Whats more, your bike doesnt put out any emissions! Engine horsepower increased to 127 as the result of a 0.5 compression increase (to 7.5). but if it were in Indiana, Im sure not flying across the country to look at an $8000 car. The 1953 model sold retail for $2316 ($23,457 in 2021 dollars [1]). Studebaker coasted along with the old bodies until 1952. No its not a bullet nose, but still pretty cool. Im to deep into my current project or I might go after this one. ; wb: 112 easy even for short men! Studebaker Champion Commander Shop Manual 1947, 1948, and 1949; published by the Studebaker Corporation, 252 pages. Really nice car. There is much difference betwixt them. Just wish it could be me. Sales in 1951 skyrocketed, an increase of almost 12,000 over 1950. Clean title. Straight car. When the prototype convertible was no longer needed, engineer E. T. Reynolds ordered the car to be stripped and the body sent to the secret graveyard at the company's proving grounds west of South Bend. No, it would not be really neat with a Chevy LS. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. In a 1953 road test done by Popular Mechanics, the Commander got a 0-60mph of 17.9 seconds and was rated as getting 26.1 mpg at 30mph.[5]. On the hood and trunk, they removed the M-B look-alike and on the Commander, replaced it with a large gold 8 in the middle of a chrome V (basically they removed one of the three arms of the "star", changing it into a "v".) This is a car youre not likely to see very often in any condition. V8, Automatic, Power Steering & Brakes. 2 Door Sedan From the firewall back the Champion and Commander are the same. Like my new Audi, but no electronic read, my 39 MG did have a float in the oil pan, pressing a button on the dash changed the gas gauge to an oil gauge. sensational new 1949 Studebakers! 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. On a 3,000-mile run from Fremantle to Sydney, they smashed the previous record by 12 hours 23 minutes despite traversing 450 miles through blinding rain, and having to ford a river when a bridge had been washed away. What it DID get was faithful oil changes and other maintenance its whole life. The Studebaker Champion is an automobile which was produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana, from the beginning of the 1939 model year until 1958. 1949 Studebaker Four Door Sedan. The doors are the same from 47-52. The only problem Studebaker had was they were so far ahead of their time few people appreciated them. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE CONTACTING ME! PARTS PRICES I was actually born in the back seat of a 1949 Champion, delivered by my grandmother. See specifications list in photo section. I stop for pedestrians and cyclists Studebaker also again rolled out an extended wheelbase model of the Commander, the Land Cruiser. 1958 Studebaker Silver Hawk This has 76,000 miles, automatic. This example is no excep 1959 Studebaker Lark Every muscle car enthusiast knows what an STP sticker looks like. New paint in 2019. The Vehicle was restored by a body shop in OK that repainted the car gold metallic over its original faded beige-colored exterior. Nicely equipped w Daily Driver, starts right up, runs well. A lot of wor. [3]:p239, In 1929, Studebaker added an 8-cylinder Commander to the range.[4]. Run and Drive. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Damned nice car, although, like Chinga-Trailer, Im more of a fan of the bullet-nose to complete the OTT look. After eventually passing through several owners, the car is now in a private collection of Studebaker automobiles. Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: Giant Drop-Top: 1969 Mercury Marquis Convertible. Self-adjusting brakes Variable ratio "extra-leverage" New listings are added daily. Price: Best Offer. Barn find . With the engine out of the car, they fit. Zip Code. Mercy sakes, you guys that get soon bent out of shape,just because someone has an opinion on what would be fun to do ( upgrade the drive train ) Ironically, driving it home, it tossed TWO rods and required a major. Its all in the planing and the skill of the modifier. ClassicCars.com has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, successfully making the Inc. 5000 list in both 2015, The President Classic used the longer 120.5" wheelbase of the Hawks, and like the 19471950 Land Cruisers used the additional length to create a roomier rear passenger area. Clean Title $6000 or best offer Beautiful original car nice paint bright chrome and trim. Ive also put power disc brakes on my car but with minimal effort they could go back to stock at any time. Filters Sort. One was a light green Champion and the other a maroon coloured Commander . New top and boot. Selling a classic 1955 Studebaker Commander. Filters. The 1952 Land Cruiser was the last to use real glass for the tail and parking light lenses. Dimensions are: 8 1/2 inches width by 11. If thats what it takes, thats what it takes. The Land Cruiser suggested price of $2043 included a one-piece curved windshield, an electric clock and carpeting front and rear. Original 283 engine. Cheaper than airfare and more reliable than a test drive. Coming or Going? Only minor trim changes for 1948 brought a Land Cruiser price of $2265, and in 1949 it was increased to $2328 ($26,513 in 2021 dollars [1]). Spent 50 years stored in a barn in Southern Illinois. Good luck with the sale. Among Commanders, the convertible made up only 3 percent of production, with 3,770 built. Coup The 1947 Studebaker models were so revolutionary that it had other car builders scurrying back to their drawing boards. in. Love burnouts , 2 seater topless cars 1928 Studebaker, Commander, 6 cylinder, completely restored. A restomod done right could be returned back to original, including original parts. That stuff is fantastic for keeping old engines running. Then a problem with the new (and revolutionary, for its day) mechanical power steering raised its head. Comes with additional professionally rebuilt to like new condition, extra engine, transmission, and rear end. Gateway Classic Cars of Dallas is pleased to offer this classic, rare Studebaker Wagon for sale. Showing low miles. Even though the car was equipped with the 232 cu. Only 100 of these units were sold before Studebaker began using GM Saginaw type units. Coils springs for 1950 made a world of difference. .I guess that means the backseat will have to be reupholstered. Vintage A/C and heat. In the 1970s, the car was re-discovered behind a South Bend gas station and no longer owned by the former employee. A couple of thoughts come to mind. Studebaker placed the name on hiatus at the end of the 1958 model year. 1949 Studebaker Commander. un restored cars orig also comes with a fresh painted complete barn find in green will run.. and drive with stor Studebaker Champ Pick Up Truck for sale. ; wb: 120 in.) good interior, front seats non-original. Sorry but without the Bullet-nose its just an ugly car from the front. A new The back window and back of the car have always reminded me of what a submersible should look like. Burgandy color. The design were completely new and very different from prewar cars. Would I recommend my techniques to everyone? Immediately following World War II, Studebaker dropped its President models, and the Commander again was elevated in the lineup. Their classi. I drove it like that for 5 years and it never gave me any trouble. Please Note The Following **Vehicle Location is a, 1949 Studebaker Pickup RatRod Custom - Automatic - 500 C.I. Since it was a sellers market after WWII, Studebaker felt no need to change the basic design of the car, even though they knew that other makers would have new cars in 1949. Solid car for the year. Distance. It is an acquired taste that I never understood until I bought a Model T flatbed. Before the Eisenhower era, there were neither roads nor any real desire to make fast, open road cruisers like even a low-priced junker today will do. Studebaker was known in the industry for building a stout automobile, one that performed well and withstood the test of time. I don't have the time or ability to work o second owner all original miles new tires 2021 tags smog in hand show contact info. Will roll fine to your trailer. The floors and rocker panels are shot. 1959 STUDEBAKER SILVER HAWK 289 MOTOR FOUR BARRELL POWER BRAKES AIR CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL BUCKET SEAT IN REALLY GREAT SHAPE STRAIGHT DRIVE WITH OVER DRIVE $12.900.00 CONTACT INFO show contact info COULD BE 1949 studebaker champion regal. The roads, tires, and brakes, as well as the engines were maxed to their comfortable and/or safe limits at that speed. The owner of this particular car has priced it at $8,500 OBO, which does seem like quite a good buy. This engine didnt have speed but the torque was unreal. As for this Studabaker Im in the camp of the like it. 1997 Chevy LT1 engine, NV4500 transmission. 1949 Studebaker Commander..Starlight Coupe..Beautiful Car..The One Everybody Wants..Low Mileage..Slate Grey Paint..One Re-Paint back to Original..Original Grey .More. For what its worth, Hagerty suggests a value of around $40K for a good condition car. Not show but nice car. 1949 Studebaker Champion $ 30,995 or $446/mo 1949 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe is fully restored back to its original beauty. Studebaker tried to be the first automaker to offer a post-war car, but Kaiser-Frazer sort of beat them to the punch by a few months. spine-saving, cost-saving improvements than any new trucks ever Too bad this one is so far away. The team rested for a little over three hours before attempting another record on the 600-mile track to Brisbane. Call or text. 1964 Studebaker Commanders most commonly had a dual headlight arrangement which they shared with the Challenger though quad headlamps were optional. 1954-1966 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER LARK HAWK WHEEL CYLINDER KIT QTY. It featured reverse gear lock-out, hill-holder, anti-creep and a locking torque converter which allowed direct drive with virtually no converter power loss in high gear. No more slippery running boards! Has new wood bed and new interior. Climatizer heating and ventilating, white sidewall tires and wheel This could be something as simple as a sticking piston ring from the years of inactivity, and it could potentially settle after some ongoing use. ClassicCars.com has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, successfully making the Inc. 5000 list in both 2015, Its grille, designated by some as the "clam digger", was actually a preview of the next generation. Spending tens of thousands of dollars on a vehicle is a huge deal, and Im not about to get burned. So obviously I like this one, too. 12 volt. Raymond Loewy and his firm did the design work and would go on to help Studebaker with several cars into the 1960s, including the Avanti. Nice paint and working air a 1952 Studebaker Champion 4dr/ suicide doors engine 2.8L inline six cylinder 85hp Transmission 3 spd on the column/ w electric over drive miles 50148 Car has been fully restored The car has been stored since 2006 Th 1962 Champ Pickup Runs and Drives Excellent, No Rust very solid, also 1960 Lark Station Wagon $ 14,500 call or text Wayne for details show contact info. Car is very clean inside and out. Im glad youre not so we can be friends!, Yeah, i get it ! in. James Nance the idiot running Packard didnt help either when the two companies on death row combined. After reading all the comments, maybe this car hasnt rolled the speedometer as I thought it probably had. Are you looking to buy your dream classic car? The price was raised to $2289. All in all, many people[who?] It cleaned up nicely. Studebaker Gasser: Tubbed 2150 M/T Small Block 355 CI, Roller 700 Lift/Cam 12 to 1 compression, ALum Brodix HEads 202 Valve Steel Crank, 9" Rear End 488 Asking $20,000 or best offer, 1950 Studebaker rat pickup chopped channeled and shortened suicide doors 400 SBC with th350 transmission nice stereo 10k OBO sweet patina. had. new interior, rebuilt motor and rear end, overdrive works will consider auto trades only show contact info. If this Stude were 225 miles from me, and I wanted it, Id probably drive over too. Now my fast cars just sit in the shop while I go enjoy life at a slower speed. On March 17, 1966, Studebaker shut down production of all vehicles.[6][7]. Deluxe 2 Door Today, this respected resource pegs the range at $7,250-$31,600, with average retail being $18,100. At the same time, there was major work performed on the braking system and rear axle. 1930 Studebaker Commander 8 Regal Rumble Seat Roadster (Wentzville, MO) $54,995 oboYou have the pleasure of looking at an extremely rare . This is something that Im going to have to try one day. The steps are snugly NO RUST! My girlfriend and i enjoy our rides on our tandem bike , its cheesy but we just dont care Land Cruiser (6 See Results. [1]:p259, In Australia, a crew of three drivers led by Norman "Wizard" Smith tackled overland records using a Commander roadster. Either that, or theyre just being realistic about not having the skill to purchase a vehicle sight-unseen and not get burned on the deal. Ahaha The 245 Top-trimmed Studebakers from 19551958 went by the Studebaker President name (revived from the prewar President models). 1949 Studebaker Commander. Always enjoy reading comments from car guys with experience Studebaker coasted along with the old bodies until 1952. $3,000 Dealership CC-1656610 1951 Studebaker Commander 1951 StudaBaker Commander Bullet Nose! We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. I have seen a 50 clip on a 49. Legendary designer Virgil Exner turned his pen to designing the Starlight, and its design seems to have attracted as many detractors as admirers. MADE ONLY 3 year only cars with retractable roof, from 1963-1965. The Stude truck came out towing the International. While there are some cars from automotive history which would tend to make rear seat passengers feel claustrophobic due to little or no visibility from the rear seats, the Starlight is not a car that could have that sort of criticism leveled against it. Tshirt , shorts ,sandals and a smile Comes with body panels to complete the work I cannot, plus the custom paint to match t 1951 Studebaker Champion. for wheelbase, they're tops in modern design and dollar value. Solid car for the year. Iowa $17,900: 1963 Studebaker Lark . No front seat, or lo. Original interior looks very good as well 109,000 miles 289 V8 hi pro Newly rebuilt motor always been garaged and it shows a great collector car thats fun to drive R 1953 Studebaker Commander, Starliner hardtop. Studebaker Automatic Drive was introduced mid-year and was arguably the most advanced automatic transmission of the day. Its a head turner And yes we have the Title for it! The price of the 1950 Land Cruiser went down to $2187. ClassicCars.com's first-class Customer Support team with a Stevie Bronze Award in 2019, celebrating the team's skills as exemplary customer support specialists. Their classic lines make for one fine hot rod. 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. We have been working on such a project for the last few y, 1949 STUDEBAKER PICKUP AWDALL BODY WORK DONE, NO RUST AND PAINTED IN CORVETTE SILVER.BODY RETRO FITTED ONTO AN AWD OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA CHASSIS.POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES, POWER WINDOWS.4.3L V.

Emjae Frazier Parents, Articles OTHER